Thread: how often to water cuttings started in 10 ltr buckets?

Thanks

Default how often to water cuttings started in 10 ltr buckets?

I have 6 x cuttings (rockwool cubes) in 6 x 10litre buckets with 100% perlite, 600w ballast and HPS with cooltube and 100mm rvk extraction

I put my cuts of cheese into 10 litre hempys, how often would you water each cutting till the roots would be long enough to reach the res at the bottom (overflow hole drilled at about 2.5 inches up). Mine are slowly starting to respond after a good few days of being in the g'room, am trying to work out if i should water them more often (2 or three times a day at mo, with a big watering or feed now and again until it comes out the overflow)

Feeding half strength nute in their feed with root growth and enzyme etc all at half strength doses @ 6.2 ph. Temps at 29c till I get my new extraction nxt week so growth may be a little slower than the norm I think?

Im waiting for that explosion of growth you get when they start drinking straight from the res but Im getting impatient lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

you dont need to water at all, if you dont want to the perlite wicks up the water plenty enough, but for piece of mind once a day a small amount right on the stem will be fine , the idea is not to give them to much then the roots will search out the res at the bottom

you wont need to water them for a 5/7 days in a ten L bucket a clone wont drink much at all, just water when the bucket is almost as light as it was before you watered for the first time

Thanks

thank you dude, didnt realise it wicks up like that, that makes it easy then. So they must be just taking their own sweet time and Ill have to be patient!
    I had been thinking that Id have to water here and there to get the roots to follow the water down to the res lol, thanks for that reply Forest you've just made my day!

Icon Guest

Sounds like your rushing things to me
    we need pics but 1/2 strength nutes is very high
    temps are fine at 29 as long as theres plenty of humidity
    how long have the cuts been tken/rooted or some time line to work from if you cant put pics up

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Icon View Post
    Sounds like your rushing things to me
    we need pics but 1/2 strength nutes is very high
    temps are fine at 29 as long as theres plenty of humidity
    how long have the cuts been tken/rooted or some time line to work from if you cant put pics up
    yes mate you are probably right, I have rushed the whole thing as I had a couple of disasters with 2 recent grows before this one where my heat issues were a lot worse than they are at the mo, plus I am one of those impatient people anyway so I do tend to rush
    I have no pics, they wouldnt be clear with the hps anyway, sold my cfl a while ago but getting new one this week so if I remember I will take some under cfl and post up again. My humidity ranges between around 34% and 44%.

I bought the cuts from a good source about 2 weeks ago, and they were looked after by a friend for a few days till I sorted my temps out enough to put them in my groom, they were probably very stressed as they were still in the rockwool cubes in his groom until I took them back, bearing in mind they were transported on two separate occasions before they ended up in my groom. They already had a good mass of roots coming out the cubes when I collected them from the seller and all roots were nice and white and still white when they ended up in their new homes. I spose this will be their 2nd week in the hempy buckets and they havent really started to flourish yet.

I put them deep enough into the perlite so that the level at the top of the perlite was just under the lowest set of leaves and been feeding with 50% nutes, what would you mix the nutes at then mate? my guide says 1ml per litre so I been using .5 per litre, a hempy guide I was reading through online reckoned you could go straight to the amounts the guide says but I didnt wanna try that, its hard to work out the best road to take sometimes with all the conflicting info around :S
    What would you suggest from what Ive told you tho?

Thanks

well I took a pic anyway, hope it helps

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks