Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Homemade Oil

Found a glass rolling pin in a charity shop, so may have to give this a go.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rollingpin.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	277068

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jericho For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-10-20)

Thanks

I'm bumping this sticky as I'm interested in starting a conversation about making homemade oil or thc concentrate.

There are many methods (CO2, Butane, Propane, Ice, heat press) of THC extraction and many forms of resulting concentrates (hash, wax, shatter, crumble, oil, rosin) that can be vaporized, dabbed or smoked. In material like RSO, the THC is decarbed and can be spread on toast.

I'm mostly interested in rosin made from a heat press. I purshased an electronic heat press from China (arrives next week) and I'm going to be pressing rosin with my first harvest next month. Anyone have any experience pressing rosin in nylon rosin bags? I'm mostly interested in learning the best flower prep and rosin bag packing methods. There are a lot of pressing videos online but none really cover the flower prep process well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

- Chuck

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CharlesRiverRat For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-10-20), Lowrollerbean (16-10-20), Prodigal (27-09-21)

camkush Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesRiverRat View Post
    I'm bumping this sticky as I'm interested in starting a conversation about making homemade oil or thc concentrate.

There are many methods (CO2, Butane, Propane, Ice, heat press) of THC extraction and many forms of resulting concentrates (hash, wax, shatter, crumble, oil, rosin) that can be vaporized, dabbed or smoked. In material like RSO, the THC is decarbed and can be spread on toast.

I'm mostly interested in rosin made from a heat press. I purshased an electronic heat press from China (arrives next week) and I'm going to be pressing rosin with my first harvest next month. Anyone have any experience pressing rosin in nylon rosin bags? I'm mostly interested in learning the best flower prep and rosin bag packing methods. There are a lot of pressing videos online but none really cover the flower prep process well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

- Chuck

I had a heat press when I lived with a buddy a year ago, we didn't use he bags tho. His was block shaped where the bud went and we placed wax paper on bottom and on top of bud and it made the wax stick to it. I found using fresh frozen bud gives the best flavors, but cured of the same strain can be more potent in my experience and opinion of course**. I'm not sure if your machine makes you use the bags but wax paper worked like a charm for us, and that's how I have seen them using in Colorado dispensaries in the past. Hope this helps a little buddy

Thanks

Thanks man! I've only pressed a little flower from a dispensary so far with limited yield and quality. The flower itself wasn't great but I picked up various micron rosin bags online.

Today I defoliated the popcorn of my first grow. That's in the freezer now. Tomorrow I will make bubble hash and then will press that. I'll post pics here after.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CharlesRiverRat For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-10-20)

Thanks

Here are pics from my first bubble hash making adventure today. Not enough yield to press but good practice. I microplaned it after putting it in the freezer for a bit. I'll sprinkle it in a joint at some point.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CharlesRiverRat For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-10-20), Ginger-bud (03-11-17), Lowrollerbean (16-10-20), Stillmix (15-10-20), The Solyom (01-11-20), Trex (03-11-17)

Thanks

Just some oil I made today.

https://duckduckgo.com/?kae=d&k1=-1&kad=en_GB&kf=fw

It’s not the best I’ve made,it will suffice till I make some t/m.
    With having nothing today & being in pain I just wanted a bit to last till I make some more t/m.

It’s ok thought tastes nice & is pretty strong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B1882BB0-F633-498F-A833-B46C41169B0E.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	389482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3497007E-3EDF-4CAD-BD19-3F59035F5597.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	389483  

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stillmix For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (15-10-20), Cannabug (15-10-20), GEORGE (15-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,218 Times

Nice work stillmix.
    I'm sure the house had a nice aroma floating around it

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cannabug For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (15-10-20), GEORGE (15-10-20), Stillmix (15-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

The usual ways of smoking oil seem very wasteful to me. Far too much of it goes into the air compared to what hits the lungs.

What I do is warm up the Pyrex bowl with a 2nd bowl of hot water to get the oil less viscous. Then I scrub the Pyrex bowl clean of oil using dry, not fresh, hand rolling baccy. Taking care not to mix water and baccy.

It turns into a horrible gooey mess and looks disgusting. I keep adding dry baccy until it is almost but not quite dry enough to roll up. After leaving overnight, it should be dry enough to smoke. If not, I mix in more dry baccy and wait another day.

Very economical. 1 roll up a day will be enough for most middleweights. Smoke it at noon, still buzzing at midnight. As in not just stoned, buzzing. Back when I was toking an eighth a day, I couldn't manage more than 2 oil ciggies a day and it wouldn't cross my mind to have a spliff.

While smoking it, the paper would turn black. I'd recycle the stumps and tear up the black Rizla as well. Waste not, want not.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (17-10-20), Cannabug (15-10-20), GEORGE (15-10-20), Jingo (16-10-20), Karlito1 (16-10-20), Lowrollerbean (16-10-20), M_C (15-10-20), Stillmix (17-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    The usual ways of smoking oil seem very wasteful to me. Far too much of it goes into the air compared to what hits the lungs.

What I do is warm up the Pyrex bowl with a 2nd bowl of hot water to get the oil less viscous. Then I scrub the Pyrex bowl clean of oil using dry, not fresh, hand rolling baccy. Taking care not to mix water and baccy.

It turns into a horrible gooey mess and looks disgusting. I keep adding dry baccy until it is almost but not quite dry enough to roll up. After leaving overnight, it should be dry enough to smoke. If not, I mix in more dry baccy and wait another day.
    Do you use tweezers or something to mix it up.
    I keep coming back to my fingers are going to be covered in oil it would be great for my arthritis
    However I’m sure you know how to do it so there not soaking in oil hence asking.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stillmix For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (17-10-20), GEORGE (17-10-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,200 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Stillmix View Post
    Just some oil I made today.

https://duckduckgo.com/?kae=d&k1=-1&kad=en_GB&kf=fw

It’s not the best I’ve made,it will suffice till I make some t/m.
    With having nothing today & being in pain I just wanted a bit to last till I make some more t/m.

It’s ok thought tastes nice & is pretty strong.
    What did you use for this mate? I've recently been dabbling in making some rso, using around 100g trim with 1 liter of iso returning only around 3-5g....what's your method mate?

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lowrollerbean For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (17-10-20), GEORGE (17-10-20), Jingo (17-10-20), Stillmix (25-10-20)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast