Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: Homemade Oil

  1. #41
    Space Invaders Champion! Hamster Flight Champion! Autobahn Champion! Battle of Helms Deep Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Somewhere wet!
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    741
    Thanked 481 Times in 210 Posts

    Default

    Found a glass rolling pin in a charity shop, so may have to give this a go.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rollingpin.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	277068

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to jericho For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (15-10-20)

  3. #42

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Natick, MA
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 856 Times in 330 Posts

    Default

    I'm bumping this sticky as I'm interested in starting a conversation about making homemade oil or thc concentrate.

    There are many methods (CO2, Butane, Propane, Ice, heat press) of THC extraction and many forms of resulting concentrates (hash, wax, shatter, crumble, oil, rosin) that can be vaporized, dabbed or smoked. In material like RSO, the THC is decarbed and can be spread on toast.

    I'm mostly interested in rosin made from a heat press. I purshased an electronic heat press from China (arrives next week) and I'm going to be pressing rosin with my first harvest next month. Anyone have any experience pressing rosin in nylon rosin bags? I'm mostly interested in learning the best flower prep and rosin bag packing methods. There are a lot of pressing videos online but none really cover the flower prep process well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

    - Chuck

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CharlesRiverRat For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (15-10-20), Lowrollerbean (16-10-20)

  5. #43
    camkush Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesRiverRat View Post
    I'm bumping this sticky as I'm interested in starting a conversation about making homemade oil or thc concentrate.

    There are many methods (CO2, Butane, Propane, Ice, heat press) of THC extraction and many forms of resulting concentrates (hash, wax, shatter, crumble, oil, rosin) that can be vaporized, dabbed or smoked. In material like RSO, the THC is decarbed and can be spread on toast.

    I'm mostly interested in rosin made from a heat press. I purshased an electronic heat press from China (arrives next week) and I'm going to be pressing rosin with my first harvest next month. Anyone have any experience pressing rosin in nylon rosin bags? I'm mostly interested in learning the best flower prep and rosin bag packing methods. There are a lot of pressing videos online but none really cover the flower prep process well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

    - Chuck

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    I had a heat press when I lived with a buddy a year ago, we didn't use he bags tho. His was block shaped where the bud went and we placed wax paper on bottom and on top of bud and it made the wax stick to it. I found using fresh frozen bud gives the best flavors, but cured of the same strain can be more potent in my experience and opinion of course**. I'm not sure if your machine makes you use the bags but wax paper worked like a charm for us, and that's how I have seen them using in Colorado dispensaries in the past. Hope this helps a little buddy

  6. #44

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Natick, MA
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 856 Times in 330 Posts

    Default

    Thanks man! I've only pressed a little flower from a dispensary so far with limited yield and quality. The flower itself wasn't great but I picked up various micron rosin bags online.

    Today I defoliated the popcorn of my first grow. That's in the freezer now. Tomorrow I will make bubble hash and then will press that. I'll post pics here after.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CharlesRiverRat For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (15-10-20)

  8. #45

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Natick, MA
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 856 Times in 330 Posts

    Default

    Here are pics from my first bubble hash making adventure today. Not enough yield to press but good practice. I microplaned it after putting it in the freezer for a bit. I'll sprinkle it in a joint at some point.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CharlesRiverRat For This Useful Post:

    Ginger-bud (03-11-17), hotshot (15-10-20), Lowrollerbean (16-10-20), Stillmix (15-10-20), The Solyom (01-11-20), Trex (03-11-17)

  10. #46

    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 288 Times in 88 Posts

    Default

    Just some oil I made today.

    https://duckduckgo.com/?kae=d&k1=-1&kad=en_GB&kf=fw

    It’s not the best I’ve made,it will suffice till I make some t/m.
    With having nothing today & being in pain I just wanted a bit to last till I make some more t/m.

    It’s ok thought tastes nice & is pretty strong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B1882BB0-F633-498F-A833-B46C41169B0E.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	389482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3497007E-3EDF-4CAD-BD19-3F59035F5597.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	389483  

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stillmix For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (15-10-20), Cannabug (15-10-20), hotshot (15-10-20)

  12. #47

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Free Society
    Posts
    411
    Thanks
    1,034
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 405 Posts

    Default

    Nice work stillmix.
    I'm sure the house had a nice aroma floating around it

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cannabug For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (15-10-20), hotshot (15-10-20), Stillmix (15-10-20)

  14. #48

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    333
    Thanks
    1,068
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 333 Posts

    Default

    The usual ways of smoking oil seem very wasteful to me. Far too much of it goes into the air compared to what hits the lungs.

    What I do is warm up the Pyrex bowl with a 2nd bowl of hot water to get the oil less viscous. Then I scrub the Pyrex bowl clean of oil using dry, not fresh, hand rolling baccy. Taking care not to mix water and baccy.

    It turns into a horrible gooey mess and looks disgusting. I keep adding dry baccy until it is almost but not quite dry enough to roll up. After leaving overnight, it should be dry enough to smoke. If not, I mix in more dry baccy and wait another day.

    Very economical. 1 roll up a day will be enough for most middleweights. Smoke it at noon, still buzzing at midnight. As in not just stoned, buzzing. Back when I was toking an eighth a day, I couldn't manage more than 2 oil ciggies a day and it wouldn't cross my mind to have a spliff.

    While smoking it, the paper would turn black. I'd recycle the stumps and tear up the black Rizla as well. Waste not, want not.

  15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (17-10-20), Cannabug (15-10-20), hotshot (15-10-20), jingo (15-10-20), Karlito1 (16-10-20), Lowrollerbean (16-10-20), M_C (15-10-20), Stillmix (17-10-20)

  16. #49

    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 288 Times in 88 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    The usual ways of smoking oil seem very wasteful to me. Far too much of it goes into the air compared to what hits the lungs.

    What I do is warm up the Pyrex bowl with a 2nd bowl of hot water to get the oil less viscous. Then I scrub the Pyrex bowl clean of oil using dry, not fresh, hand rolling baccy. Taking care not to mix water and baccy.

    It turns into a horrible gooey mess and looks disgusting. I keep adding dry baccy until it is almost but not quite dry enough to roll up. After leaving overnight, it should be dry enough to smoke. If not, I mix in more dry baccy and wait another day.
    Do you use tweezers or something to mix it up.
    I keep coming back to my fingers are going to be covered in oil it would be great for my arthritis
    However I’m sure you know how to do it so there not soaking in oil hence asking.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stillmix For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (17-10-20), hotshot (17-10-20)

  18. #50

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Kushmans basement
    Posts
    828
    Thanks
    4,947
    Thanked 2,644 Times in 827 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stillmix View Post
    Just some oil I made today.

    https://duckduckgo.com/?kae=d&k1=-1&kad=en_GB&kf=fw

    It’s not the best I’ve made,it will suffice till I make some t/m.
    With having nothing today & being in pain I just wanted a bit to last till I make some more t/m.

    It’s ok thought tastes nice & is pretty strong.
    What did you use for this mate? I've recently been dabbling in making some rso, using around 100g trim with 1 liter of iso returning only around 3-5g....what's your method mate?

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lowrollerbean For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (17-10-20), hotshot (17-10-20), jingo (17-10-20), Stillmix (25-10-20)

  20. #51

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    432
    Thanks
    736
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 466 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lowrollerbean View Post
    What did you use for this mate? I've recently been dabbling in making some rso, using around 100g trim with 1 liter of iso returning only around 3-5g....what's your method mate?
    Trim doesn’t give a great yield. But flowers you should expect 3-4 grams per oz

  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elias For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (17-10-20), hotshot (17-10-20), jingo (25-10-20), Lowrollerbean (17-10-20), Stillmix (25-10-20)

  22. #52

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    333
    Thanks
    1,068
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 333 Posts

    Default

    Similar to using a paper towel to clean up grease. The towel gets scrunched up and the part furthest from our fingers is used to scrub the grease away. As the baccy loaded up and the oil got closer to my fingers, I'd add more baccy. The only messy bit was mixing the last bit of the baccy.

    I've got a recipe for arthritis cream. Tested on and approved by a grandmother.

    I'll start a thread for it.

  23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

    hotshot (17-10-20), IceCalibur (17-10-20), jingo (25-10-20), Lowrollerbean (17-10-20), Stillmix (25-10-20)

  24. #53

    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 288 Times in 88 Posts

    Default

    That was the last bit of oil I made in a rice cooker with Bud,leaf & isopropyl
    you can use other organic compounds Instead of isopropyl.

    Wearing a mask and making sure the place was aired well

    I didn’t decarb that bit,just simply mixed it with iso for a very short time.
    Filtered it with coffee filters. Let it sit on my window sill till enough chlorophyll had dispersed and poured it into a jam jar witch I put in the rice cooker witch was filled with water.
    Imo rice cookers work and are very easy,they don’t give the best oil though as you can’t control the temperature enough.
    They still make strong oil Depending on what you start with & how long stuff mixed for.

    You might find quick wash made oil is probably preferred way and obviously decarbonisation.

    It use it for med reasons.
    My methods recently changed now doing it in a still.
    roughly the same method bar decarbing it sometimes,somtimes I don’t due to the smell even if I do decard in jars in my oven it can still smell some and my neighbour is as stiff as a board

  25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stillmix For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (25-10-20), Farmer Geddon (26-10-20), hotshot (25-10-20), jingo (25-10-20), Valentina (27-10-20)

  26. #54

    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 288 Times in 88 Posts

    Default

    Oh I think I misunderstood the question what did I use it for
    Not sure but you might have asked because I mentioned arthritis.
    I use it to smoke it helps you enjoy life lol let alone the many med problems I use it for.
    I’ve must admit I tried rubbing some on my wrist twice it does help esp as I can’t take anti inflammatory’s too much oil to use it like that.

  27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stillmix For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (26-10-20), Farmer Geddon (26-10-20), hotshot (26-10-20), jingo (27-10-20), Valentina (27-10-20)

  28. #55

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stuck in the middle
    Posts
    3,801
    Thanks
    30,392
    Thanked 15,436 Times in 3,729 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stillmix View Post
    I’ve must admit I tried rubbing some on my wrist twice it does help esp as I can’t take anti inflammatory’s too much oil to use it like that.
    I have wrapped my hand with cling film (saran wrap) and taped that up, left on for over night, and the join pains went. It's a little PITA, but the pain is more of a PITA.
    Fight for your health.
    Hug those who care about you, do all you can for those you love (if they want it). We just never know when it might be the last time we talk to them or see them.

  29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

    Blue61 (28-10-20), hotshot (27-10-20), IceCalibur (27-10-20), jingo (27-10-20), The Solyom (01-11-20), Utenzo (31-10-20)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Homemade Waterfarm
    By ME SMOKEM in forum Home/DIY section
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-12-11, 07:35 PM
  2. Homemade Bongs
    By dannyboy uk in forum Cannabis Macro, Spliff, Bong, pictures
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 25-11-10, 08:36 PM
  3. Homemade Vaporizer
    By cobolt in forum Cannabis Macro, Spliff, Bong, pictures
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-12-09, 11:19 PM
  4. Homemade Cooltubes
    By massivemick in forum Home/DIY section
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-12-09, 01:05 PM
  5. Feeding Homemade Tea?
    By bertie in forum General Cannabis Growing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-12-09, 04:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


THCtalk.com Disclaimer - You must be over 18 years old to view/use this site .THCtalk.com does not encourage growing Cannabis or possessing Cannabis. Learning how to grow Cannabis instructions should be for educational purposes only. All Information contained in this web site is for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and Educational purposes only. Visitors to this website are advised against breaking the law as It is illegal to smoke, grow, or possess cannabis in the UK and some US States