Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: flood and drain build with pics (updated)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,978 Times

bought some new pumps

maxijet 750/lph - maxijet 1000/lph

2. The Following User Says Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

Mr Bloom (12-03-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,011 Times

Absolutely brilliant thread. Please keep up the level of detail, prices and shops used so I can follow this build to the end.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Bloom For This Useful Post:

funkydawg (12-03-12)

Thanks

thanx for the kind words dude!
    yeh man ill try get a list up once finnished, ive used amazon, ebay and growell up to now-fun part for me is finding the cheapest retailer i get a little buzz knowing i aint paying over the odds, gone are the days when ebay used to be cheap now all the cheap stuff on ebay is all chinese imitation shit.

ill be looking for my float switches in the next couple of days, im sure i got my last set off amazon but i'll have a proper look soonish

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

dixienormouse (12-03-12), Mr Bloom (12-03-12)

Thanks

ordered 2 of these from REUK on google-£15.93 posted
    these are float switches, to stop the pumps when desired water lever is reached-there nice and water tight and can handle the 240volts some are not rated to handle mains power

think ill be starting the brain bucket next week sometime, gonna look for a way of hiding the wires etc-maybe some shrink wrap and a junction box of some sort....
    ill have a think about it

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

Mr Bloom (21-03-12)

Thanks

got the 2 float switches in and a water temp display!
    pics to follow----\/

marked the max water level of the planters

meassured the point the float switch actually switches so i can drill the hole at the aquired level

also marked ou the bottom float level, i needed to get the water drained out but not completely so the pump doesnt run dry causing damage and failure to pump (might look high but the float will drop a few cm below then shut off)

using a number 19 drill bit wich is the correct size for float switch body but there is a rubber fitting which makes it water tight i havent taken into consideration the size of this as im gonna try and squeeze it in as tight as possible

same proceedure with the drill bit

i put some aquarium sealant on the rubber and pushed into the hole, wet the inside of the rubber fitting then pushed in the float switch-very very tight (which is good)

now for the pump, i have wrapped a small bit of cloth over the end and cable tied in place, this is so i can get pump lower to the bottom of the bucket-the normal pump filter is plastci and about 7cm long

a bit aquarium glue on suckers and mount into the brain bucket

then ive put in a aquarium temp sensor, glue to bottom and cable tied inplace

outside top of bucket

10. The Following User Says Thank You to funkydawg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

im gonna get a short video up of the system draining, cant show the flood as my 100ltr res is in use at the moment but my cheese plants are near harvest now

Mr-Lover Guest

Looking Nice and Neat Mate Well Done

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr-Lover For This Useful Post:

funkydawg (25-03-12)

Thanks

thanx man...
    this is defo an improvement over my bodge job i done before lol (but it still worked)

Mr-Lover Guest

Thats The Only Way you Learn Doe ay Mate

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr-Lover For This Useful Post:

funkydawg (25-03-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,005 Times

great build mate,glad the leak test went well. i cringed when i read that as mine was a right mare lol the leaks in the pots was bad enough but i had,nt connected the damn airlines to the pump..........90 ltr of water with only towels to soak it up lol............it was a sunday too and the kids had no towels for baths before school lol....mrs ost not impressed again.............(shakes head).....will be watching out for your diary...........
    !!!CANNABIS FREEDOM FIGHTER, FULLTIME MENTALIST

18. The Following User Says Thank You to old skool toker For This Useful Post:

funkydawg (25-03-12)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast