Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a nice bong please.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

well a combination of, you don't need all of them, personally i use US imports, which are leaps and bounds ahead of us in bong diffusers and percolators and make roor.de look foolish

and no disrespect to mr buds bong above, but avoid coloured glass, its poor quality chinex*, proper coloured borosillicate glass is a NIGHTMARE to work with, it all melts at different temps depending on colour, the exception is plain glass with colour work on top, or maybe some of the internals which won't be exposed to heat which you would generally call a 'worked' bong

*unless theres been major advances in glass chemistry in the last few years and no one told me

like im skilled enough to make all sort of pretty colours and shapes using softer sodalime glass like so

but theres no way im skilled enough to do that sort of shit with proper Boroglass, thats a whole new level of skill....which most commercial bongs simply dont have
    Last edited by Strider; 15-03-12 at 12:32 AM.
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

Uncle Albert (15-03-12)

Thanks

*no links to headshops allowed*
    Last edited by blurry-vision; 15-03-12 at 12:36 AM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,376 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    well a combination of, you don't need all of them, personally i use US imports, which are leaps and bounds ahead of us in bong diffusers and percolators and make roor.de look foolish

and no disrespect to mr buds bong above, but avoid coloured glass, its poor quality chinex*, proper coloured borosillicate glass is a NIGHTMARE to work with, it all melts at different temps depending on colour, the exception is plain glass with colour work on top, or maybe some of the internals which won't be exposed to heat which you would generally call a 'worked' bong

*unless theres been major advances in glass chemistry in the last few years and no one told me

like im skilled enough to make all sort of pretty colours and shapes using softer sodalime glass like so

but theres no way im skilled enough to do that sort of shit with proper Boroglass, thats a whole new level of skill....which most commercial bongs simply dont have
    Fair play m8 they look well cool & a good informative post thank you

Sour Diesel & Exodus Cheese diary.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...am-Scrogger-UA

Thanks

Cool work if only I had the time to blow some glass lol I've just had a quick nosey online and jeez the price difference for them and to me they all look the same lol, if like the op asked I had a 150 to spend what would be a good buy with all the little extras added in or carnt you buy them as standard fittings

Thanks

you don't often get bongs that come as complete sets with all possible addons, generally they just come themselves and with a basic downstem and bowl, but the fittings are standard across almost all glass bongs, 14.4mm for smaller bongs and 18.8 for larger ones, and that applies to diffusers (specially slitted/hole punched downstems that break up the smoke and cool it a bit more) ashcatchers (a separate chamber that attaches to the bong and also holds water, often with its own diffusers/percolators, thats what the big extra bit on Mr Buds bong is) carbon filters (which is a little chamber that goes below the bowl and is filled with carbon to remove tar and oils, thats the bit Mr Bud has ontop of his ashcatcher) and the bowls themselves, you can mix different makes of parts no problem, as said the sizes are standard,

most of these add on parts start around the £10 mark for basic ones, but getting up to £100+ for v good ashcatchers with custom work (mine is a Toro Trashcatcher from the states which goes for about £150, and thats not even a custom) you certainly dont need to spend this sort of money for a good smoke though, im just a flashy wanker, a standard glass bong with a 15 quid diffuser and a 15 quid carbon filter/ashcatcher will make the world of difference, i don't have lists handy but for 150 quid you would def get a nice EHLE with extra parts, id steer clear of RooR, the only ones they have in that price range are a disappointment and pretty thin glass* which ruins the point) or as a 3rd option, *shudder* Weedstar, Weedstar are a black sheep of bong makers, they outright ripoff everyone elses ideas and rattle them out in china and are HATED among a lot of true glassheads and artists...BUT, they are cheap and entirely serviceable, with the exact same range of similarly priced addons, 50-70 quid would likely get you a nice big one with extra bits, and 150 would get you pretty much the best bongs they have

*Glass thickness, 3mm is as thin as you want to go, with 5mm an ideal, 7mm-9mm at the high end, 3mm and less tends to feel pretty flimsy in your hands and doesn't have much survival chances in the long run

fuck me, and i haven't even got to bongs with their own internal diffusers and percolators like mine, the US leads the way in that sort of stuff, and in the last few years were JUST starting to catch on, oddly enough Weedstar were the first i think, what with their constant ideas theft :P id go more into those just now, im skipping over a lot but its nearly 2am and im not going to, i've been typing an awful long time :P

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

billy_bong420 (15-03-12), umbongo (15-03-12), Uncle Albert (15-03-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

in short, cleaner, cooler smoke

a large chamber bong with a couple of percolators/ashcatcher/carbon filter, esp full of ice, is like a blow back from an angel
    amen

Quote Originally Posted by romadi View Post
    How many pennys would that set my little piggy bank back ????
    About £150, best buy ive made in ages lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Budmore For This Useful Post:

Uncle Albert (15-03-12)

Thanks

Lol excellent mate am sure your keyboard likes the attention since your a flashy wanker it may feel wanted now..lol
    Thanks again man, so buy a decent bong and add the rest I like the ashcatcher gizmo, so am thinking ice is a big yes also in a bong along with a carbon filter, sweet info btw think more research is on the cards see what the yanks have to offer

Thanks

yep, personally, id buy the parts in the following order, Diffuser (needs to roughly match the length* of the original downstem so the bottom fits and doesn't touch the bottom of the bong, (thats a breakage waiting to happen) Ashcatcher and then Carbon Filter, i'm not keen on carbon filters. i find them fiddly and the carbon gets right sticky and manky pretty quick but a lot of folk like them, and they tend to be cheaper & smaller than ashcatchers (both will really help keep the actual bong clean of tar/mank buildup as well, esp both together)

MOST bongs have pinches pushed into the chamber to keep ice in place, but not all, also only some bongs, mosty european/asian ones will have a 'shotgun' or 'carb hole' near the bottom, with your finger on it when filling the chamber, and released when you want to inhale/clear it, US bongs, for legal/aesthetic reasons don't, and you clear them by lifting the bowl out slightly

US bongs are hard to come by in UK, not the easiest things to import, i can recommend Percolated dot co dot uk as usually having a superb import range and knowing their shit, I had the honour of a tour of their basement...jawdropping, nice guys, i had a quick look just there though and their online cupboard is pretty bare, but they only list a fraction of stock online, they far prefer more personal business from what i recall (based in Edinburgh), Aqualabtechnoligies dot com is a big US based one, and has a LOT more to look at, but obv harder to obtain here, in both cases, be prepared to shit yourself when you see prices :P for <£150 you will likely want to buy this side of the pond. (Mr Buds bong is v heavily american influenced, but not actually made there by the look of it (and the coloured glass tubing)

* as random trivia, this is how downstems & diffusers are measured, its bloody confusing without an image :P

...actually i could have narrowed a lot of that down to 'get a diffused downstem if nothing else' :P
    Last edited by Strider; 15-03-12 at 03:24 AM.

Thanks

Cheers mucker, a lot of good info to soak up, I really had no idea of the tech that goes into the glass I must be a throw back, I also didn't realise the diffuser downstem was so important, so to conclude,
    Buy quality glass at least 5mm
    Preferably tall bong that has the means to hold ice ( I have seen one with a twisted neck to hold the ice,)
    First add on to buy diffuser stem ( same length as original) or measure up as shown
    Ashcatcher
    Carbon filter
    What's the perculators for? I've seen on utube people describing there bongs but as you may of noticed way above my head,
    Just to point out I hope my persistence hasent hi-jacked the thread I just find the new age bong fests very interesting and the science behind them,
    Being an old school toker I feel I've been missing out, with my homemade pipes and bongs and endless scraping of resin leaving it in the freezer then scraping the shite out lol....I bet most modern toker clean with an alcohol solution nowadays lol
    Good thread btw

Thanks

yep, personally, id buy the parts in the following order, Diffuser (needs to roughly match the length* of the original downstem so the bottom fits and doesn't touch the bottom of the bong, (thats a breakage waiting to happen) Ashcatcher and then Carbon Filter, i'm not keen on carbon filters. i find them fiddly and the carbon gets right sticky and manky pretty quick but a lot of folk like them, and they tend to be cheaper & smaller than ashcatchers (both will really help keep the actual bong clean of tar/mank buildup as well, esp both together)
    Agree with the order. I brought my bong, then diffuser, pre-cooler and its diffuser and then carbon filter.

Carbon filters arnt that much of a effort and they keep your bong x100 cleaner than without!! This for me shows how much your saving your lungs!!!

I will always have a carbon filter on any glass bong I have, best add-on ever!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast