Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Garden Grow

Thanks

Argh that's annoying, at least you've still got one left! It looks healthy too! Good luck.
    Time to fry

2. The Following User Says Thank You to herb For This Useful Post:

The Old Lady (09-09-12)

Thanks

Hi again, been a while, due to unforeseen circumstances again haven't been able to update but I hope to keep posting for the final run.

So I was not able to buy any more of the Frisians after losing them to the mice at the start - and as I had quite a few seeds from my last grow I sowed a few more and now have 5 females growing.

Firstly, they have not grown with the vigour of last year's, seemed a lot slower and less bushier. I tied down the main stem early on, almost vertically - winding it sort of round the pot, so that the side branches grew upwards. These have stretched quite a bit over the last couple of months.

On the upside they started to show flowering late July and although slow, they are flowering OK. I have scrutinised these throughout and have seen no signs of pollen sacs BUT there are swollen calyxes which are rock hard which I think might be seeds so probably somewhere there has been male pollen.

I am not worried about a few seeds, as I don't smoke so hard as I used to a couple of years ago (the woes of getting old and ill !!!) but I would like some bud and not just be growing pure seeds and no buds. Here are the photos - all input greatly appreciated.

Oh - and so far, only one of these is purple (3rd photo) and it really smells like FD already - whereas the others are green/normal and hardly smell at all but are a week or so behind.

I know I shouldn't have grown these perhaps if they are hermies, but just didnt have the finances at the time to buy another 5-pack.

Attachment 131079Attachment 131080Attachment 131081Attachment 131082

I have been picking off these "seed pods" and have photographed one - has the female hairs so I know they are not pollen sacs. Have found a couple of these amongst the top buds as well - not just at the leaf/branch joints.

What do you think ?

TOL

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Old Lady For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (26-08-12), Killer_Skunk (06-09-12)

Hempskybergstein Guest

The old Lady gets my vote, too many people get lured away from there tried and tested beans due to the 1001 strains coming out each week form clandestine breeders, glad your sticking to what works.
    Best of luck TOL & i'll pop back soon enough to see how there getting along.
    god bless ya
    Hempsky

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hempskybergstein For This Useful Post:

The Old Lady (07-09-12)

Thanks

Nice mate my out door plants have only just showed sex will pull a seat up and watch this if you don't mind

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Killer_Skunk For This Useful Post:

The Old Lady (07-09-12)

Thanks

A little update weather been lovely here - lots of sun - managed to get a few more pics yesterday

@Hempskybergstein - Thanks for your comments mate - I have tried so many other plants over the years and tbh, the Frisian Dew is the best for me and my garden setup - smell is much more minimal (I had 5 blue cheese plants that stunk out the garden and the house when cropped 4 years ago - lesson learnt there !!!) I find the taste of the frisian is great, lack of smell when growing and when smoking suits me fine. Just a shame the mice ate the tops off the seeds I bought but next year I'll be ready for 'em

@Killer-skunk - Welcome - yes I was surprised and very happy they flowered so early - although they seem to be a bit slow fattening up - buds are just growing upwards at the moment - but now we are in September things will start moving quicker. I am sure your girls will soon be catching up. Good luck on the final home run mate.

Things still going alright - found a few more seed pods - and some squishy ones - one plant has none but was later flowering so I am assuming there was a rogue bollock somewhere that popped early on. No prob so long as there are no more !!! Compared to last year's plants, these are not fattening as fast but they all smell so nice - the FD coffee sort of smell so I am still happy.

I have given them a feed of bio-grow, bloom and boost to help them along

Now for the photos - only one of these is actually showing the purple pheno - others are green but all smell the same and will hopefully taste the same !!! Also, one in the first picture the top has split and is growing 3 buds - better for air circulation and hopefully less mould, second pic shows the whole purple one - got about 8 buds growing where I tied it down and the lower branches have grown upwards and not too tall for stealth reasons.

Attachment 134286Attachment 134287Attachment 134289Attachment 134290

Hoping for some good weather for us all over the coming weeks - good luck

TOL

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Old Lady For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (09-09-12), THE DUDE ABIDES (07-09-12), up2nogood (07-09-12)

Thanks

Looking nice mate - there coming along great what part of the uk you in if you dont made saying i'e north etc i'm birmingham sides and weather as been up and down here

Sent from my Nokia 8810 using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Killer_Skunk For This Useful Post:

The Old Lady (09-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,979 Times

Nice to see you around TOL, thought you'd snuffed it.

Plants look great, much further into flowering than most outdoor grows this year, are you still hiding them amongst the Acers?

Not entirely sure but the pic in your previous post looks like a swollen calyx, if there was no immature seed in there then that's normal, don't pick them off.

Hope your health problems have diminished and all the best for your grow.

All good things
    TDA

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DUDE ABIDES For This Useful Post:

The Old Lady (09-09-12)

Thanks

[QUOTE=THE DUDE ABIDES;1069255349]Nice to see you around TOL, thought you'd snuffed it.

Dude, man - you are such a joker - but joking aside - you know I actually did nearly snuff it - been a hard year - but slowly I am recovering - not been in hospital since June - so looking good.

"Plants look great, much further into flowering than most outdoor grows this year, are you still hiding them amongst the Acers?"

Yes they are amongst the acers but not blending in too much now they are flowering - my blood red acer got planted in the ground as it outgrew the pot - but it has changed colour - now a browny-green colour but a huge standard shape - very disappointed and not sure why the colour has changed- but I have read here they like a bit of acid in the soil so I will be watering with a bit of miracid to see what happens.

"Not entirely sure but the pic in your previous post looks like a swollen calyx, if there was no immature seed in there then that's normal, don't pick them off. "

I know there is a mix of swollen calyxes but there are also some immature seed pods (green ones which I will get a photo of at some point for verification) - so there must have been some male flowers that sneakily popped unnoticed (the little f*ckers !!!). Dont mind a few seeds but also want some bud. I remember 30-odd years ago I grew some bagseed in my sunny kitchen window - (all weed had seeds twigs and leaves in them days) - used to hide them in the wardrobe when my (late) mum and dad or anyone else visited - I grew 2 lovely looking 5ft plants with loads of seeds - don't remember much bud though - you live and learn HA (and I'm secretly hoping this is not going to be a matter of "deja vu" this year).

@killer-skunk - I live in South London mate - weather been up and down here too - though we have had a few weeks of sun between the rain showers - but looks like more rain on the way next week - depending on which weather site you look at - who knows ?????.

Since I gave them the bio-biz-boost etc last week the buds seem to have fattened up a bit - (I am looking at them every day now so it's hard to tell but "The Old Man" - a non-toker who takes an interest in my gardening - saw them today first time in a week and he has noticed a marked difference ). Will give them another dose next week.

So that's all for now - will update with some more pics next week.

TOL

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The Old Lady For This Useful Post:

THE DUDE ABIDES (09-09-12)

Thanks

Just a quick update - with a few pics. Fed them another small amount grow/bloom and boost (topmax) yesterday - they have enjoyed the sun and are starting to get fatter and trichs are clouding up. The purple pheno is the furthest in with the others a week or so behind. Lots of pistils are turning brown - hoping they're not bloody seed pods starting - yes I found an immature seed in one of the pods picked off

So short and sweet - here are the photos Used different camera this time - first one is the purple although it doesnt show it in this pic. The other 4 are all green.

Attachment 135886Attachment 135887Attachment 135888Attachment 135889Attachment 135890

Not long now ...... hoping to have them all in by early-mid October (depending on mould situation) Rained here tonight but sunny tomorrow with high pressure on the way for the weekend - will give them a good shake in the morning and hopefully the wind will help dry them.

That's all till next week

Good luck

TOL

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Old Lady For This Useful Post:

THE DUDE ABIDES (13-09-12)

Thanks

Another quick update with pics. I have taken pics of buds of all 5 plants. Buds are still swelling although flowering has slowed considerably the last couple of days and pistils seem to have nearly all turned brown unexpectedly on one plant (the one where main cola split into 3 - one of which I accidentlly broke off while inspecting it last week - smokes well and not harsh ) - This is the plant in question

Attachment 137545Attachment 137546Attachment 137547

The photos show a few fresh pistils but most have died - trichs are mostly milky but I want a good few ambers and it would be good if they could fatten a bit more - although they are quite firm already and getting smelly when touched.

This is another plant - just one photo

Attachment 137548

The cold has reddened the leaves but the buds are still green.

Part 2 in next post as I couldn't upload all pics.
    TOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast