Thread: A question for hempy fans

Thanks

Default A question for hempy fans

Why do so many of you use: perlite and or vermiculite (mixed or not) or Coco as a substrate for your HB's and do you re-cycle it?

It must be awfully messy after harvest time!

Just curious to see your answers!
    Weed w!ll get you through t!mes of no money better than money gets you through t!mes of no Weed.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

i have used both, and now stay with coco/perlite mix, yes i reuse it up the three times after that the coco loses it texture and goes like dirt where its decaying
    i just shalk the root balls out over sth to collect it and reuse it i do this in the garden so mess isnt a problem

but its all cheap enough to buy new each time

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

fat freddy (05-04-12)

Thanks

cheers Forest I take it you use the 3xused coco on your garden

Thanks

Straight perlite is always easy and works like a champ. Use Super Coarse if you can get it, I always got sludge from broken perlite or white sludge at bottom even when rinsed properly. Super Coarse has far less of it.

Thanks

I use Perlite as a top dressing only, it really slows down the egg laying bugs and the bright white color makes the room more cheerful. I did several side by side grows with straight Perlite versus mixed or straight rockwool.
    The lack of water absorption with Perlite always resulted in slower root growth.

The plants could eventually yield the same but more time was needed in the Perlite. For the record this is not by any means organic, straight manufactured chemicals in man made rock fiber media. The expanded volcanic Perlite floats and remains on top throughout the grow period, sludge and all.

No recycling in this total loss system, fresh start every planting.

Thanks

i recycle perlite but i dont try to save any really, a 100L sack of perlite is like £20 so why bother as forest said

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times

i use 100% perlite never had a prob reusing it just shake the root ball loose using cannazym during grow helps .but its cheap enuff that i can sling it if i cant be arsed to reuse