Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Project Durban

Deep underground in my secret nuclear bunker.
    Thanks

Default Project Durban

I'm starting a preservation project to save the original African Seed Company's Durban poison,its going to take a while to do as space is at a premium at the mo so i'm doing it in batches of 20 plants at a time,and out of those plants all mutants,hermaphrodites and weaklings will be weeded out leaving the remaining plants to open pollinate.I'll be keeping cuttings from all plants which i'll hopefully use in some new F1 hybrids and hopefully a good outdoor plant.
    I will post pictures as they grow,at the mo the first lot are 3 weeks old but i'm waiting for my camera to come back from being repaired(new ccd).
    Plant a Seed
    ........&........
    Free the Weed

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showg.../500/ppuser/11

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to marijuanamat For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (15-05-12), babybud3232 (06-05-12), BIGCH33S3 (20-06-12), ChuChu (06-05-12), DelBoy (14-03-13), ganjahbaba (12-07-12), MacFeegle (06-02-15), Mr.UnclePen (05-04-13), RastaMouse22 (27-01-13), scottishlass29 (01-03-14), THE DUDE ABIDES (06-05-12), The Lost Soul (05-05-12), TheCandyManCan (05-05-12), TheDukeof420 (08-05-12), urban grower (06-06-12)

Bobby Digital Guest

nice one Mat, love this strain(smoked my first pencils when i was 15 in SA lol). had a cut of an old nirvana dp but i lost it when i moved would be good to have something similar again

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times

Good on ya mat that's a nice old skool strain!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

good job m8 it has a space in my heart as the first seeds i brought it was a dp hybrid from seedsman

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,640 Times

Interesting project mat..
    How long you recon it will take.?
    A while im guessing.? lol

All the best with it..
    Peace..

Talpa Guest

Now that sounds like a plan mat. Good luck dude.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,794 Times

Best of luck to you sounds like a great project and although i have never tried it,I have heard good things of the strain
    My first Stealthbox Grow: White Widow and mystery strain free seeds https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ry-first-Diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...WWxVortex-Comp

Grow #2 HashPassion x LoveTrain,POGK, and OrangeHaze StealthBox CFLs:https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069151587

Thanks

Heres 4 i started in early march.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Durban poison x 4.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	109779

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marijuanamat For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (15-05-12), BIGCH33S3 (20-06-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Hi matt.. Will be watching. Excuse my ignorance but when you say it will make a good outdoor plant does that automatically mean its good for indoor 2 ?

Been looking at your collection as well

Thanks

Nope i don't mean it will be good indoors to.

The thing with alot of landrace varieties is they might be the dogs bollocks outdoors in there natural environment,but growing them out of that environment can cause them to smoke like hay so you need to acclimatise them to your environment indoor or outdoor by selective breeding or outcrossing them to a variety that you know works well in your environment.I've found that alot of landrace sativas grown indoor from seed produce very poor results(but not always) ,but if you take cuttings from those plants they do alot better because there genetically mature as most tropical sativas need to be a certain age to induce flowering properly which is around 5 month old+.
    So i'm planning on growing these durbans outdoors and open pollenating them all after removing the mutants,hermaphrodites and plants with the least desirable traits,then go from there.
    I'm hopeing to find 1-2 very special plants from the open pollenation,but i might get lucky and find something special in the plants i've just started as they are from a cultivated and not wild seeds and i know alot of growers in the 80s and 90's have have some very good results from these seeds but nothing is set in stone and all my plans could fail miserably

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marijuanamat For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (18-05-12), ganjahbaba (12-07-12), Grover (02-02-13)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast