Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: help!!! autos and photoperiod!!!!

Keeno Guest

Default Answered: help!!! autos and photoperiod!!!!

hi all,
    i got a bit of a problem. this is my first grow. i though id start easy. so i got some autos (afghan kush ryder). i germed 7 of them, but only one servived to flower. i got a nice size tent so i though id get some more seeds. i ended up getting bf pineapple chunk and blue cheese. my plan was to veg the photo period plants for the life of the auto.

my auto (afghan kush ryder) is 6 weeks old today, half way through its life, and flowering beautifully. but, and a big but, my photo periods are at week 4 and are up to 8 inches in hight. and about the same in width, if i veg them for the next 6 weeks they will be to big for the tent i think.

i know it is important for autos to have as much light as possible. atm im running it at 18-6. but i know ill have to flip them before the the auto is ready.

has anyone done autos on 12/12???
    will it kill or lower my end yield if i switch my auto early???

or any suggestions please. i really dont want to muck things up. all the plants are healthy and doing better than i ever expected so i really want to get the best i can out of them.

thanks

2. "12/12 on the auto would slash your yield pretty severely.

I'd just start LSTing or topping the photoperiods to control the height while you wait for the auto to finish."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

trumptummy Guest

12/12 on the auto would slash your yield pretty severely.

I'd just start LSTing or topping the photoperiods to control the height while you wait for the auto to finish.

nuube Guest

Quote Originally Posted by trumptummy View Post
    12/12 on the auto would slash your yield pretty severely.

I'd just start LSTing or topping the photoperiods to control the height while you wait for the auto to finish.

+1 to this post. Getting them bitches tied down, (sorry for the language ladies), LST'ing will not only control you height problem but will encourage the growth on your plant and you will get a larger yield. I have only ever once grown plants with out LSTing them loads, and even then I had a couple of branches supercropped.

Also take a look at scrogging where you place a 2" net above your plants and keep the canopy tucked under to again control height and get an even larger yield than LSTing.

What ever you do - good luck.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,985 Times
    Provided Answers: 59

You can reduce the light on auto's after about 4-5 weeks into flowering without compromising your yield, But from what i understand 16 hours is about a low as you can go, I done a few on 12/12 with a tiny 100w hps, got 22g so all in all not to shabby, I never grow for big yeilds so found 12/12 from seed the perfect replacement for auto's. Damn sight cheaper than growing auto's.

Keeno Guest

i got a scrog should i put it in there now??? and how high, i know sombody said 2 inches above, but do you mean 2 inches above the highest point i want them. and what if they hit the scrog in vegging????

i have already topped my biggest photoperiods.

nuube Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keeno View Post
    i got a scrog should i put it in there now??? and how high, i know sombody said 2 inches above, but do you mean 2 inches above the highest point i want them. and what if they hit the scrog in vegging????

i have already topped my biggest photoperiods.

If I am right and you want the biggest plant in with the autos - that is a separate groom from the scrog? You can do a modular scrog - stick a few bamboo sticks in the pot and put your screen on them.

Keeno Guest

its all in one tent,

nuube Guest

That must be a big tent! Well then bang it into the scrog, jobs a good one.

Keeno Guest

like i said its my first grow so i dont understand everything yet.

house does a scrog improve yield?

is it ok if a plant in veg hits the scrog or will it be to cramped?

ill give you a run down of my set up so you got a picture of what im dealing with.

120x80x180 pro lam tent.
    600w hps
    5 inch acoustic fan outtake with silencer
    5 inch phatt filter.
    4 inch intake fan assited by air con for temp.
    im using bio bizz all mix medium.

now to the babies:
    1 x afghan kush ryder auto flower (at six weeks).
    2 x barneys farm blue cheese (at 4 weeks).
    4 x barneys farm pineapple chunk (at 4 weeks).

all now in 11l pots.

nuube Guest

If I were you I would do a modular scrog that directs the canopy along the same level which means that the light gets to all the parts of the plant and encourages it to grow bigger and with more cola like branching. I went from pulling about 5/6 oz out of a tent to 18+Oz. I have not done anything but scrog since I found out, (oops lie I had to let a NL grow out a bit for clones), and I don't intend to grow any other way for now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast