Thread: What is the proper watering tecnique for aeroponics?

Thanks

Question What is the proper watering tecnique for aeroponics?

What is the proper method of watering my plants using an aeropinic setup? I have asked many people and I have gotten a very wide range of responses. Currently my seedlings are in week two. They are still in 1" cubes, which i hope to put into 3" cubes tonight.

Right now I have been watering them for only 1 - 1 hour period a day (recommended by source)

now I have been told to do anything from 1 minute on, 3 minutes off for 24 hours, I have been told to do half hour on 1.5 hours off for 24 hours, and I have also been told to do 1 hour on 3 hours off for the 24 hour period.

Is this something that can be experimented with? or is it very important to use one procedure in specific.

Up until this point I have been using no nutrients, just tap water with a Ph of 6.8. Within the last hour I added 25% of the mild dosage of the 2 part Heavy Harvest nutrients to the 10 gal of water. I did this because I have leaves yellowing and curling on me. Someone suggested this is a Nitrogen deficiency if it is not Lock Out, as the plants would be starving for Nitrogen, and therefor taking it from itself.

Now that I have added the necessary nutrients to the solution, I need to know what the proper method of feeding this to my girls is.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

what system are you using? aeroponics has a wide range , but i,d go for a 1minute on and 2 minutes off at first and see how they react, if they like it then stick to it

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,819 Times

is the ph 6.8 in aeroponics

Thanks

no the ph is best at 5.7 to 6.0

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,819 Times

thought so well thats were he might be going wrong his ph is 6.8

Thanks

yes but he,s added 25% of nutes to that so that could of buffered his ph down to a reasonable level, thats why he needs a pen, 6.8 ph will not work in hydro

Thanks

I use a timer with 15 minute minimun timmer setting, I hit them 1x per hour. keep the mostly wet at first. they will need dry periods to encourage roots seek H2O . so , they MUST grow roots more!
    ph is def best in 5.7-6.2 ppms.
    YOU NEED A PEN!!
    NEED A HUMIDITY DOME.
    chances are that you need CalMAg in there. any purple stems is STRONG indication of cal mag Deficency.
    Vit b! or Super Thrive is good addition .
    there is a lot of Fudge Factor in the process. takes a week + to see results most times. so, do not over acheive on the fix!
    Slag