Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Custom build LED panel - input needed!

Thanks

Default Custom build LED panel - input needed!

Hallo,

I've contacted e.Shine systems in China for a LED panel. They offered to build a custom one for me.
    After lot's of talking I told them what type and how many individual LED's(spectrums) I want and they sent me back a picture with
    the configuration of the panel.
    Because I don't know much about LED panels I would like some input. The panel consists of a 100 3w diodes!

850nm, 730nm, 660nm, 630nm, 610nm, 525nm, 460nm, 440nm, 415-430nm, 380nm <------ these are all the wavelenghts they can offer so if anyone would like to modify the panel use these spectrums!

Thanks a lot for the help =)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,005 Times

imo not enough red specrtum,you only need 1 or 2 ir,s and the yellow and green aint needed at all,also if its 300 watts of lighting your wanting get rid of the 3 watt dio,s this light will only be putting out 180-220 watts(just so you know)the uv seems alot aswell......just my opinion.......
    !!!CANNABIS FREEDOM FIGHTER, FULLTIME MENTALIST

Thanks

How the Sunlight Effects cannabis plant Growth

200 - 280 nm UVC ultraviolet range which is extremely harmful to cannabis plants because it is highly toxic.
    280 - 315 nm Includes harmful UVB ultraviolet light which causes cannabis plants colors to fade.
    315 - 380 nm Range of UVA ultraviolet light which is neither harmful nor beneficial to cannabis plant growth.
    380 - 400 nm Start of visible light spectrum. Process of chlorophyll absorption begins. UV protected plastics ideally block out any light below this range.
    400 - 520 nm This range includes violet, blue, and green bands. Peak absorption by chlorophyll occurs, and a strong influence on photosynthesis. (promotes vegetative growth)
    520 - 610 nm This range includes the green, yellow, and orange bands and has less absorption by pigments.
    610 - 720 nm This is the red band. Large amount of absorption by chlorophyll occurs, and most significant influence on photosynthesis. (promotes flowering and budding)
    720 - 1000 nm There is little absorption by chlorophyll here. Flowering and germination is influenced. At the high end of the band is infrared, which is heat.
    1000+ nm

Maybe include more of the 400-520 and 610-720

Could you even do it half and half so one side for veg one for flowering?
    Last edited by Agent Green; 05-06-12 at 10:44 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agent Green For This Useful Post:

The Lost Soul (05-06-12), TheMoog (07-06-12)

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

I am looking into these LEDS and I thought all you would need would be just the red and blue colours that plants need for growing,why all these yellow and uv colours as well?

Looking for New Pastures

Thanks

From what I hear the green, yellow and orange colors are of benefit to the plants. Not exactly sure why but they make the plants more healthy?
    The UVB spectrum is supposed to force the plants into producing more resin.
    Because the led lights produce almost no heat the ir led's are needed to produce it. Low(er) temperatures cause less absorption of some elements(I think calcium is one of these).

Yes I'm aware of the 3w diodes comsuming only 1,8-2,2w of power. But I believe it's enough for my grow room especialy because I intend to use a 125w cfl aswell.

I just wish someone with real knowledge of LED's could make the configuration for me

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freaky001 For This Useful Post:

The Lost Soul (05-06-12), up2nogood (05-06-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,968 Times

I'm in the process of ordering a light from the very same manufacturer freaky001 mate.
    The best guy to ask advice on led's from is CocoSteel, he has that very unit, and it happens to be the same unit as I am purchasing but not with that configuration of diodes.
    I think he just went with what the manufacturer advised, but if the above configuration is what he bought then i'll be changing mine around.
    Cheers

Thanks

I came up with this configuration myself. They didn't advise me anything.
    I just sent them an email asking for a pre-configured panel with is good for medical m growing.
    I hope they will sent me back good news!

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Soul View Post
    I'm in the process of ordering a light from the very same manufacturer freaky001 mate.
    The best guy to ask advice on led's from is CocoSteel, he has that very unit, and it happens to be the same unit as I am purchasing but not with that configuration of diodes.
    I think he just went with what the manufacturer advised, but if the above configuration is what he bought then i'll be changing mine around.
    Cheers
    yeah he has been advising me what to get..Just don't buy them from the actual website but through Alibaba..Cheaper but even a 200w 1w led is around 180 to 210 dollars

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,968 Times

It comes in at £126 for the unit and £46 approx for shipping.
    Edit - I'm dealing with the marketing dude from Eshine directly, no fucking about.
    Cheers
    Last edited by The Lost Soul; 05-06-12 at 01:22 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Lost Soul For This Useful Post:

up2nogood (05-06-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,819 Times

i think leds soon are gunna be the way to go the upfront expense is dear but will save on leccy n that in long run

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast