Thread: Carbon Filter How to Repack.

Thanks

top bit of money saving. Thanks Albert

Thanks

Spot on this will save me a lumper

Thanks

How many kilo would say a 8 inch filter take

Thanks

If you are on a budget try this too.........

Charcoal reactivation.
    Empty your carbon filter into a fine mesh bag or kitchen colander then flush it with water (RO/DI is best) then rest in a strong (10+%) solution of hydrogen peroxide for an hour. This step can be skipped but helps alot. Rinse again and hold the rinsed charcoal up near your ear. If you hear a sort of subtle crackling or popping noise emanating from the charcoal, congrats you win, If you hear nothing, the charcoal is no longer activated and should be replaced with fresh carbon. If it’s still good bake the activated carbon in an oven (250 F) or treat it with superheated steam to dry/clean and further activate. Once complete place it back into the filter. Also there are several online places to buy bulk activated charcoal. Google it. I've been doing this with my aquariums charcoal for years with great success.

Cheers man

Thanks

Nice guide

Was wondering how easy it would be to refill my carbon filter and save some £££s

Thanks

Thanks

Really good to know! Just spent about £80 on a filter and it says it lasts about 9 months constant use

Thanks

why isnt this sticky its proper info
    AGAINST the legalization of cannabis.. the business is already set up do you want to work for some big company at minimum wage?

decriminalization is all we need.ask an American.. Where now they pay thc tax and can't afford enough Meds plus the card ruins most insurance ..no rant this is factual

Thanks

lol because it is.. lol okay nice 1

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Roybo View Post
    If you are on a budget try this too.........

Charcoal reactivation.
    Empty your carbon filter into a fine mesh bag or kitchen colander then flush it with water (RO/DI is best) then rest in a strong (10+%) solution of hydrogen peroxide for an hour. This step can be skipped but helps alot. Rinse again and hold the rinsed charcoal up near your ear. If you hear a sort of subtle crackling or popping noise emanating from the charcoal, congrats you win, If you hear nothing, the charcoal is no longer activated and should be replaced with fresh carbon. If it’s still good bake the activated carbon in an oven (250 F) or treat it with superheated steam to dry/clean and further activate. Once complete place it back into the filter. Also there are several online places to buy bulk activated charcoal. Google it. I've been doing this with my aquariums charcoal for years with great success.

Cheers man
    You can also re-activate you char in the following way:
    watch?v=jxBUqk2M3Y8 (since my post count isn't high enough to post links yet you'll have to pop this into the tube yourself, my apologies)
    This cooks all the organic compounds (the smells) out of the char again.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6