Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Good starter kit for new growers only £189.99

Thanks

so it isn't really a starter kit as the TT100 will be used as an intake then you will need to buy a decent quality 6" fan and filter on top of it.

Thanks

cheap equals shit, iv been ther done that and would advise no1 to buy these kits. i spend £400 on one few years back and after 1st grow it got binned all i got to show for it was a 400w ballast.

buy cheap and you be buying new bits for ever, tb fair you can get good quality equipment now cheap enough on ebay

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Law Abiding Citizen For This Useful Post:

Murdock (08-07-12)

Cell-Out Champion! Tritryst Champion!
    Thanks

Greens do some great deals with quality stuff

Thanks

hi to everyone, just after a bit of feedback on a setup ive just purchased ( not a complete setup but from separates ) as follows...

1x dark secret jardin 1m x 1m x 2m
    1x acoustic ducting (5inch)
    1x ruck 5 inch fan
    1x rhino carbon filter
    1x 400w dual spectrum lamp
    1x supernova reflector

just after a bit of advice off anyone regarding thee amount of plants that would be ideal for that setup ? did want to do 6... massively appreciate feedback on this cheers lads....

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,245 Times

buy cheap, buy twice......... i know i did
    Grandad's 40 ounces the easy way(2 plants) critical & ice (aqua farm scrogging)https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tical-and-ice)
    Beginners guide to aqua/water farming with DWC upgrade https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Water-farming
    critical and white diesel rdwc https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...Diesel)/page23

FORUM RULES............ please read https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Grandad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,305 Times

Do 9 in there if you can spare the beans or cuts. 3 rows of 3. Supercrop the taller phenos in the weeks running up to flower if from seed and arrange the pots a bit for a nice flat canopy. Supercropping them all, is even better. Then flick em 12/12 once the veg canopy fills the square. 9 plants and some supercropping and a 4-5 week veg, you are entering scrog yield territory.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Swilly For This Useful Post:

bigbudbuddybud (27-05-13), DaveyJones (14-04-13)

thanks for the info

Thanks

Top advice from Mr Swilly, providing you can fit 9 in there.

Icon Guest

If folks are working on a tight budget then this is not the kit to buy.
    If you wanna buy cheap then buy cheap but dont come posting on here asking if your plants will be ok because X Y or Z has happened.
    The only things there that will be ok is the Yoyos the bulb,ballast and ducting. every thing else is trash and not even worth carrying out the shop.

If you are genuinely skint then this site is full of money saving ideas read them and make use of them but dont go around pushing shit products its just a real heartbreak for folks that get suckered into buying them.

Sorry but thats the truth and I dont like seeing nuubes getting half way through then getting pissed because equipment let them down.

And dont bother coming back with "Oh buts" because its just shit end of new growers should avoid this shit like the plague.

ATB
    Icon

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

DaveyJones (14-04-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

i agree. I can be tighter than anyone, and was gonna buy a kit, but having read so maany horror stories about them using crap fans and filters (probably the second most important part of the kit) i decided to shell out on quality kit.
    I am so glad i did, buy stuff like rhino or phat filter, ruck or rvk fand and secret jardin tent or similar and you wont go far wrong.
    I ended up buying a cheap euro reflector light, as i wanted a adjustable ballast and was working on a budget. Needless to say, the cheap light electrical connectors werent even connected properly. This could have started a fire if i hadnt checked it out first.

Be safe, and buy decent kit. As someone else said, you can always work up to it, by getting a decent light, filter and fan, and getting the other estuff later, when you have the dosh.

Good luck and happy growing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast