Page 61 of 131 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 111 ... LastLast

Thread: any fishermen among us

Thanks

Morning All,

Man, I am glad there is a thread about one of my favorite things to do. Fish. You put me in the front of my bass boat and let me get a couple of tokes down and it is game on. Me and the wifey fish for just about everything, from bass, bluegill and crappie, to shark, flounder, trout and redfish. If it swims, it is in eminent danger of getting a hook in it from us.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	228775Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fish2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	228776Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish3.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	228777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish4.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	228778

Peace and Tight Lines

Asmallvoice

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Asmallvoice For This Useful Post:

green assassin (06-11-13), greenthumb123 (20-10-13), Spiked (27-10-13)

Hillbilly Guest

Nice Black Crappie, haven't landed any in a long time that nice..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Asmallvoice (20-10-13)

Thanks

I like to fish when I go hiking in the wilderness for about a week. The feeling when you catch a nice starling or trout from a crystal clear river you just came across and then fry the catch in butter... I just wanna go back already!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,032 Times

Name:	common carp.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	230069

caught on a malteser

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carpetburn For This Useful Post:

greenthumb123 (25-10-13), Slimblue (26-10-13), Spiked (27-10-13), The Rambler (26-10-13)

Thanks

A malteser you say well done mate cracking fish

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The Rambler For This Useful Post:

carpetburn (26-10-13)

Hillbilly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by carpetburn View Post

Name:	common carp.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	230069

caught on a malteser
    There's some good eating LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    There's some good eating LOL
    Also good fertilizer..lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rbmac10 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Is nice to see this thread. I do a lot of trout fishing in my neck of the woods in small streams,rivers and beaver ponds for brook trout. In summer months fly-fish for large lake run brown at night in the small rivers and is a blast. Powerful fish and a challenge keeping them out of the over hanging brush and log jams. Lucky enough to have access to 4 miles of river on private property that doesn't get a lot of pressure and has a nice run of wild steelhead that come up from a chain of lakes that flow out into lake Huron. They arent as big as the steellys they catch out of the rivers that flow out to lake Michigan but being they are about 90% wild make them trophys in my book. Anyone make it into mich drop me a line( haha drop me a line) love to show off my stomping grounds and share a cup and a smoke on the fishin hole..

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rbmac10 For This Useful Post:

Spiked (27-10-13)

Hillbilly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rbmac10 View Post
    Is nice to see this thread. I do a lot of trout fishing in my neck of the woods in small streams,rivers and beaver ponds for brook trout. In summer months fly-fish for large lake run brown at night in the small rivers and is a blast. Powerful fish and a challenge keeping them out of the over hanging brush and log jams. Lucky enough to have access to 4 miles of river on private property that doesn't get a lot of pressure and has a nice run of wild steelhead that come up from a chain of lakes that flow out into lake Huron. They arent as big as the steellys they catch out of the rivers that flow out to lake Michigan but being they are about 90% wild make them trophys in my book. Anyone make it into mich drop me a line( haha drop me a line) love to show off my stomping grounds and share a cup and a smoke on the fishin hole..
    I am a Fly-fisher by heart but after 30 years of trying flies and fly-fishing as well as Salmon Fishing I can't even really cast my 4wt. much any more, I have to use my 2wt or use my other arm. I can now use a fly rod in ether hand or both if I want lol.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Rbmac10 (27-10-13)

Thanks

That's one thing I need to get back into is tying flys I did for awhile when I was a teenager when you don't have much patients lol. I want to get into making my own rods too my dad has made some nice rods for retirement gifts and such. When I was in 4 th grade around 8 yrs old my family moved to a hunt and fish club that was bird hunting and fly fishing only so I had to learn if I was going to fish. I remember me and my brother sneaking mepps spinners and tying them to our leaders there was some skill trying to toss a spinner on fly rod lol. I've had guys ask me to teach them to fly fish and I alway say I can show you the fundamentals but really you have to learn on your own and find your rhythm and practice especially before heading to the river at night lol. Man that pic of the salmon it's been a dream to come out west or Alaska and fish for them 60 lb kings. A big one here is 30-35 lbs which is a big fish just not a 60 plus monster lol. Plus I really want to come out northwest and hook into a sturgeon just once before I die. There is a lake near me with lake sturgeon but the season is a weekend in feb and the season goes till two are caught or speared and then it's over. I wish they would have thought a lot more about conservation long before they did.

Page 61 of 131 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 111 ... LastLast