Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What does pk 13/14 do?

Hillbilly Guest

Why not just feed them right then you wouldn't have to worry about additives like this??

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

foopa (11-08-12), Goodbuddy (10-08-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,305 Times
    Provided Answers: 581

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Why not just feed them right then you wouldn't have to worry about additives like this??
    I understand this thinking perfectly. I never used additives or boosters until around 7 or 8 years ago (it is really that long?) and now I use several.
    The convincer for me was at that time, I had been doin fine going from clone to clone with a strain of NL I was happy with. Pulling 3 or 4oz per plant. Then the guy in the grow shop I used gave me a sample of PK13/14 and I used it on half my plants. They were all a good 10-15% bigger than the rest with just 1 use at week 6 (as directed).
    I have been an addict ever since. (((((( If you dont have a sense of humour or understand irony, stop reading now :P)))))
    I am looking for a cure to my addiction. I go to meetings of WGAA (Weed Growing Additives Anonymous) regularly.
    At the meetings, I see all sorts, builders, teachers, policemen, postmen.
    They all have that look of an addict in their eye. If someone waves a bottle of Boombastic, all nice & shiney & purple, they will fight to the death for it. The fact it is opened, half used and from the police evidence locker doesnt matter. One growers heartache is another growers opportunity. Of course, they will have to check it for tracking equipment to make sure its not a plod plant (get it).

I am getting better with my addiction, I am down to a root stim, enzymes, bloom booster, silicon and pk supplement oh and Epsom Salts of course.
    I have written this as a warning to others not to follow in my footsteps as being an addict isnt an easy life. Looking longingly at the pages of adverts in Urban Gardener Magazine, boy these marketing types know how to tease. Knowing that one more little piece of the puzzle is lurking in that bottle of stuff. No idea what it is but it has to be the final stuff that makes it all work together.
    I just wanted big fat buds like other guys grow, is that so bad? If they can do it, so can I.

Seriously, Some additives have proven science behind them. some dont.
    As the growing industry gets bigger and has more resources spent on it, better products will appear almost weekly.
    One thing I would suggest is if you do buy products like this, be intelegent enough to quantify for yourself if they work for you or not.
    Just because your mate has a dialled in grow space and uses Big Bud nad pulls double what you are pulling per plant with the same veg time and flower, doesnt mean your new space will benefit from this additive.

Additives are not the short cut to success most people think they are. They are a tool, like any other, that has appropriate applications.
    Only if your groom is dialled in will you be able to say, yes, this is worth it.
    Put your efforts and resources (£££££) into creating the best environment you can and then get it properly dialled in. When you do, it could be you wont need any additives but if you do go for them, they may have a chance of doing what the makers claim.
    W

W
    Any suggestions are opinion only. I get some right, I get some wrong but I always try to help.

How I set up my space?
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133241
    Woody's cloning method
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133290
    Woody's germinating guide
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069199806

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Woody J For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (11-08-12), shorelineog (24-08-16), _Whisperer (10-08-12)

trumptummy Guest

Exactly my sentiments. If the plant looks healthy, then it's giving all it has got to give. No amount of extra nutrients will boost anything along because the plant is already at maximum uptake of nutrients (which were already available to the plant anyway).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to trumptummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times
    Provided Answers: 49

Canna PK 13/14 is a nutrient-based
    additive containing elevated levels of
    purest phosphorous and potassium
    to aid in the development of
    abundant floral growth. Add only
    once to your nutrient tank 3 weeks
    from harvest to get higher yields. A
    proven product that every hydro
    grower should be using

Hillbilly Guest

Why not just feed them more right at 6 weeks then, wouldn't that also work? Also is it Organic? I have to say this it might get me to feed a bit more in full flower but really think proper feeding could do the same thing and I have always feed on the light side so maybe upping me feed a little would be good.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,612 Times
    Provided Answers: 7

i like stims and boosters as well they work and also they are good at getting you out of probs if you are going to crop in week why not burn the roots off with some high powerd nutes thats going to make the buds explode ?
    Last edited by C21H30O2; 10-08-12 at 03:50 PM.
    1st. Paradise - Opium -Complete-

Hillbilly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by C21H30O2 View Post
    i like stims and boosters as well they work and also they are good at getting you out of probs if you are going to crop in week why not burn the roots off with some high powerd nutes thats going to make the buds explode ?
    LOL high powerd nutes thats going to make the buds explode... might make you explode too

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,612 Times
    Provided Answers: 7

LOL high powerd nutes thats going to make the buds explode... might make you explode too
    thats the game plan mate

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times
    Provided Answers: 181

Quote Originally Posted by Alzy View Post
    My friend has used it for his last grow in coco and used it threw weeks 4-5-6 of flowering at every other watering.

Buds are as thick/big as my arm (and I'm no shrimp)

Might use it myself????
    Let's see these buds mr Arnold swartzy lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,305 Times
    Provided Answers: 581

Why not just feed them more right at 6 weeks then, wouldn't that also work? Also is it Organic? I have to say this it might get me to feed a bit more in full flower but really think proper feeding could do the same thing and I have always feed on the light side so maybe upping me feed a little would be good.
    I was a light feeder, still am. I will run an EC of 1.2 in DWC when everyone else will be maxing out the feed. I also have huge respect for you, so I will never question your methods or growing philosophies.
    I suspect, like you, I have a different perspective on nutrition than those looking for monster yields. I want quality weed with certain characteristics, mostly pain relief and if that is at the expense of yield, then so be it.
    I have used the metaphor of athletes and dog food when trying to explain nutrition before, it seems to work so here goes.

A dog can eat dog food and do well on it, a human can eat dog food too and survive quite easily. It wont taste nice, it isnt choice number one but it will work. I see this like cheap nutrients such as Tomorite. Now before I get pelters, I am not slagging off tomorite! I have used it for my tomato's and have used it for weed. It work, no question.

Just now we have the Olympics in London, I wonder what those athletes are eating in preparation for competing with the best in the world. Is it dog food? Or is it carefully blended nutritional programs, providing the right nutrition at the right time for the right athlete?

With this in mind, during training, most athletes will be using high protein foods in order to build muscle. As event time approaches, they will start loading up on carbs for stamina events and maybe more protein for explosive events..... IE, correct nutrition for the needs of the athlete concerned.

So when a plant is 3 weeks into flower, stretch will be more or less over, so N can be reduced a bit but roots will still be growing and those flowers need the nutrition build those big buds and trichs. So the needs of the plant change, depending on the stage of growth, just like those athletes.

All obvious stuff really and I am certain I have said nothing that hasnt been said before. My point is, sometimes, doing something different to what we always do may make a big difference. I had been happy with my yields until I was given that PK. I would never have bought an additive of any kind, I was/am a tight git and count every penny to quantify (yes, I know, it is my accountancy training) if something offers value. We all have different ways of valuing something so what was worth it to me may not be worth it to someone else. However, there is only 1 way to find out.

The kicker is once you try a PK booster for the first time but only on part of your crop. Experimenting this way, you will be able to say, yes, it increased my yields or no, it didnt do anything/much for my yields. The point is, unless you try it, how will you ever know.
    Personally, I would rather risk a few quid on a product that MAY boost my yield or improve the plants health.
    If it doesnt work, I tried with the best of intentions and lost a few quid. The shop owner made a few quid and so did the nutrient company. However, I am less likely to trust that particular nutrient company again and if I bought on the say so of a grow shop worker, I am less likely to trus them either.
    So for £25, I have achieved 3 things.

If on the other hand it works?????
    2 to 3g of damp weed where I live costs around £25, the price of something like Big Bud and much more than something like PK13/14 or Hammerhead or Overdrive.
    Well worth the risk IMHO and a product like Overdrive will probably add 10-15 % to your yield, that has to be more than 3g?

Organics is another issue. I am only talking about chemical nutes here but there are alternatives for organic growing. Old Timers do a great organic range and Canna's organic range is meant to be quite good too.
    The point is, there are some really good products out there that can make all our lives a bit easier and improve yields, we just have to find the ones we can trust.
    This is the ideal place to find those products since if something is crap, I for one wont be slow in saying so.

Peace. W

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woody J For This Useful Post:

carpetburn (11-08-12), denreacher (04-10-12)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast