Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Back once again, Dutch Passion Twilight, 12/12.

Thanks

Default Back once again, Dutch Passion Twilight, 12/12.

Evening/Morning/Afternoon, (Delete as appropriate)

I've come back to here as it was an endless source of information the last time round, bearing in mind the last time round, I was growing in a 16X9X12 speaker.
    I had to abandon that due to moving, and after living in a student house for 10 months whilst not being a student (yeah, it was hell), I've finally got my own little haven.
    After mulling the idea of growing outside and realising it was a tad bit late, I opted to go indoors again.
    This time around I've decided to scale it up from a microscopic speaker to a small-ish stealthy sideboard.

I'll get some pictures up tomorrow, but a quick run through of whats what..

I'm going to be growing Dutch Passion Twilight, Never had any experience with them, but they look good for the criteria I need to fill.
    Anyone with any experience of growing this strain, let me know, all I've been told is they take a while to get going indoors, and they're quite short.

I'm using a 250 Blue, for 2 weeks of Veg, and going to a 400 Red CFL for flower, only going for 2 plants at a time, as it's for my personal use, I don't smoke a shit load, and have no need to have 13 plants on the go, like I did last time.
    So 1 X 400 should be plenty for the job

They're going in Jiffy's to begin with, and then into Multi purpose John Innes, in raised 10cm pots, the light doesn't move the pots do.

For nutes, the MPC&JI will see them through the first 2 weeks, and I've got Topmax Bloom as a booster.

Still got all the PH meters and nute truncheons from the last grow.

The cabinet itself is about 3.5 feet long, 3ft high and about 2ft in depth, temps sit at a steady 32C, Got a standard desk fan to get the air moving, and a carbon extractor to get rid of any potential smells, everything is on timers and a safety socket.

I'm going 12/12 from 2 weeks onwards, as previously mentioned, apparently they're slow in veg but go nuts in flower, hopefully won't have to scrog them.

Anyway, I'll get some pictures up tomorrow of the cabinet, and hopefully the seeds turn up tomorrow as well!
    If anyone can spot anything I've missed or overlooked, please let me know, also, if you have any knowledge of this strain, help a brotha out

Thanks,
    B.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BenjaminVonGrimm For This Useful Post:

GBK (05-09-12), Goodbuddy (05-09-12)

Thanks

Sounds like you got a plan there BVG.

Could you drop me a PM with the link to the 400w CFL? I couldn't find bigger than 250w myself...

Thanks and good luck with the grow - Subbed!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,819 Times

you can get 300w cfl mate but dont no about 4

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rapid7 For This Useful Post:

hardon (05-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,985 Times

Nice to see another Dutch passion twilight grow, I did one recently along with another 4 diffrent strains in the same tent all under 1 x 100w HPS, I got 27g of it, Definitely need LST if you plan on keeping it low.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GBK For This Useful Post:

BenjaminVonGrimm (06-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Sounds like a man with a plan

Good luck this 'season' BenjaminVonGrimm

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rapid7 View Post
    you can get 300w cfl mate but dont no about 4
    I can get the 300w 6400k lamp but is there a 300w 2700k available?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,819 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hardon View Post
    I can get the 300w 6400k lamp but is there a 300w 2700k available?
    yes you can mate 300w red 2700k £31

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ATO View Post
    Nice to see another Dutch passion twilight grow, I did one recently along with another 4 diffrent strains in the same tent all under 1 x 100w HPS, I got 27g of it, Definitely need LST if you plan on keeping it low.
    I'll be happy with somewhere around the 15-18g range, as I said, in it for a continual supply of smoke for myself, so I'd rather have quality, not quantity
    Not filling me with confidence on the height front though, what size did yours get to? I was under the impression they're short and squat?

Quote Originally Posted by hardon View Post
    Sounds like you got a plan there BVG.

Could you drop me a PM with the link to the 400w CFL? I couldn't find bigger than 250w myself...

Thanks and good luck with the grow - Subbed!
    Cheers for the sub, but I have in actual fact, told a dirty rotten lie, and they're 300's, not 400, fuck knows where I got that idea from! Sorry for getting you all excited!

Quote Originally Posted by goodbuddy View Post
    Sounds like a man with a plan

Good luck this 'season' BenjaminVonGrimm
    Cheers, hopefully the smoke from last season hasn't wiped my memory on how to grow plants...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BenjaminVonGrimm For This Useful Post:

GBK (06-09-12)

Thanks

Day 2,

No seeds, but a 'dispatch' email, so it's looking good for them arriving tomorrow, which after not seeing a seed for almost a year has me nearly slipping up on my own saliva.
    I'm that excited, that I can't be fucked to wait to get home, and I've swapped shifts with someone else.. Anorak.

I realised earlier, that my memory isn't that bad, but I do seem to have got a bit rusty on the germination/seedling front..
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking.. Wet tissue, on a saucer, covered with a mug, stuck under lamp in grow cab, wait for tap root, insert into jiffy, keep in propagator under lamp for the first week, expose it to the environment after 7 days, wait for roots to pop out of the jiffy, and dunk in soil..?
    Vague I know, but if you can decipher that and go for a thumbs up, or call me a borederline alabaster, that would be ace

Probably a good thing the seeds haven't turned up quite yet as I have a few small things to do first, such as insert this stuff:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0148.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	133926
    Mmmm, shiny.
    This stuff is going to block out the gaps where light is coming through and give me a hand making the most out of the lighting, lets face it CFL's do the job, but they're no HPS when it comes to penetration, so getting the leaves from all angles is going to be essential.

This is the Cabinet itself..

Name:	DSCF0143.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	133927

As you can see, it's a standard Homebase model, nothing is fucking straight and it costs more than the poor cunt that drills the wonky holes earns in a week.
    It's got visible gaps in the doors, but all will be solved using the above product.

This is my crib yo'..

Name:	DSCF0144.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	133928

Name:	DSCF0145.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	133929

As you can see, if it's not essential, it ain't in there.
    Minimalist is the key here.
    I've got a desk fan to keep the air moving, a carbon filter to rid it of any smells, 3 timers, one for the fan, one for the filter, and one for the light.
    Simple, yet effective.. I hope.

Now this is the bit where you're all gonna doom me to my height restriction.. The pint glasses are uses as my way of getting the plants close to the light to begin with, as the light isn't adjustable, I've screwed it to the underside of one drawer.. Bold move.

Name:	DSCF0146.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	133930

Yes, it's not the tallest of spaces, but I'm actually quietly confident that it'll be controllable, if it's not, well.. You all get a laugh out of me with my cheap European built furniture a'la burning plant hanging out of it like a badly packed kebab.

Beautiful..
    Last edited by BenjaminVonGrimm; 06-09-12 at 02:08 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenjaminVonGrimm For This Useful Post:

GBK (06-09-12), hardon (06-09-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminVonGrimm View Post
    Yes, it's not the tallest of spaces, but I'm actually quietly confident that it'll be controllable, if it's not, well.. You all get a laugh out of me with my cheap European built furniture a'la burning plant hanging out of it like a badly packed kebab.

Beautiful..
    Looks awesome man! And I wouldn't worry about the height - That is what LST is for

Is that a 300w lamp in there now? What are your temps like?

Cheers,
    Hardon

17. The Following User Says Thank You to hardon For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast