Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Back once again, Dutch Passion Twilight, 12/12.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hardon View Post
    Looks awesome man! And I wouldn't worry about the height - That is what LST is for

Is that a 300w lamp in there now? What are your temps like?

Cheers,
    Hardon
    I wanted to keep it small and simple, and I think it's achieved that

Yeah, it's a 300, I had two in a tent for my first 'proper' grow during summer last year, and temps hit 42c during the heatwave, sit's between 30-32 in this, so fairly steady.

To be perfectly honest I'm not too fussed about the space, based on the last grow I did, I had 16inches of height to work with, this is like going from a one bed flat to a mansion!
    A lot of people starting off think you need 6ft+ to grow good weed, and the plants have to be the size of trees, which is perfect if you've got the space, but a lot of people don't want a giant tent, I fucking hated mine, it was an eyesore and no-one could go in the room where it was because it was so fucking obvious.

Anyway, the beans have just turned up, so I'mma crack on and I'll do an update in a bizzle ma'nizzle

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BenjaminVonGrimm For This Useful Post:

hardon (06-09-12)

Thanks

Default A concept is born..

As previously mentioned, the beans turned up, I always get a laugh out when the Royal Mail hand what is essentially drugs in a brown paper parcel to me on my doorstep.
    And here they are..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0150.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	133989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0151.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	133990

I chose these for the apparent short squat type nature of them, as I don't want an unruly 6 ft tall plant, plus letting my feminine side go.. They looked pretty.
    Judge all you want.

Ok.. You can stop now.

Anyway, I've gone for the wet paper towel method, on a saucer, with a cover over the top to help keep moisture in, it's got 100% strike rate for me, and I've never failed to get a tap root out of a seed, that said, my skills in keeping them alive after that, are somewhat questionable.
    Ah, and they're currently under the light to keep them around 30 degrees C, should pop within 24 hours.

Name:	DSCF0153.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	133992

I got a bit bored waiting for Mr Postman to turn up today and being the sly gambler that I am, completely forgot I had a Ladbrokes account, so I signed in, and realised I had £36 in there from a bet for England to get knocked out by Italy, Brilliant you'd think? A bit like finding money.. Except I couldn't withdraw this money.
    What I had done is put the original stake on using a credit card, which I have recently paid off, so I can't withdraw the money as you can't have positive funds on a credit card, so i spent some money... On more seeds.
    (Here we go... My house is going to look like a jungle again soon.)

What I've decided to do is have a rolling conveyor of plants, as one set of two is reaching the last 3-4 weeks, I pop the next set.
    So the line up so far is as follows:

Plant Set number One - Dutch Passion Twilight.

Sex: Feminized
    Type: Indica & Sativa
    Flowering: Photoperiod
    Height: Short
    Area: Indoor & Outdoor
    Genetics: 100% Indica

Dutch Passion Twilight seeds from the Dutch Passion combine the best qualities of her well known parents, Pure Brazil and KC 606. They produce beautifully striking purple plants with high yields of quality marijuana with a slightly Afghan taste. They are now available in a feminized version. Twilight seeds developed by the Dutch Passion seed breeders possess exquisite qualities of Brazilian sativa but with an earlier finishing time to allow outdoor cultivation where she shows her full potential. They show high resistancy to stress and some diseases. It's quite easy to vegetate and manage this cannabis variety. We could definitely recommend her to beginners. Twilight cannabis seeds are strong and consistent. Experienced marijuana growers may notice a high indica output already at the early growing stage. Plants of this variety are short and bushy with a typical x-mas shape. They seem to produce less bud sites than their sativa counterpartner, however, all buds are extremely dense and sticky, covered with short shiney hair full THC which is said to be 15+%. Medicine produced from this cannabis indica dominant plants have higher CBD and lower THC counts and, therefore, have a heavier, sleepy type of high. If compared with wine, it's a good red one. Twilight marijuana seeds mature outdoors in just 7 – 8 week and are ready to harvest in September/October. Already at the beginning of flowering, a strong, hashy Brazilian flavour start appearing and remain throughout maturing. The finished product is very pleasant to smoke; it's got a slightly Afghan hash smell and taste and produces a very powerful stoned effect.

Plant Set Number Two - Landraces Pakistan Valley

Sex: Regular & Feminized
    Type: Indica
    Height: Medium
    Genetics: Pure race obtained from Pakistan Kush zone

World of Seeds Landraces Pakistan Valley proceeds from mountainous system of Hindu Kush (north of Pakistan). Some years after we have been selecting the best lance strains from kush, we bring to your indoor a pure lance indica. Unmistakable by its robust and branched external look, and by its intense smell and high strength, Pakistan Valley makes an excellent indoor variety. European marijuana growers use Pakistan Valley cannabis seeds mainly for indoor use with as brilliant yield as 400 gr/m2 from as high as 1,5m plant. However, if you prefer to grow it outdoors you will harvest as much as 400-600 gr/m2 from as high as up to 2m plant. It doesn’t take more than 3 weeks to get lovely buds with fruity smell and fruity sweet taste as well as with very narcotic effect. It’s a 100% indica with THC content as high as 21,2 %. You don’t have to be an experience cannabis grower as Pakistan Valley is resistant to fungus and plague and has high irrigation.

Plant Set Number Three - Delicious Seeds Cheese Candy

Height: Medium
    Genetics: Caramelo x Cheese

Delicious Seeds have crossed two of the best commercial genetics: Cheese, a unique female derived from SKUNK x KUSH which first appeared 1988-89 and which was cultivated somewhere in the Chiltern Hills by the squatter collective known as Exodus that was central to UK cannabis-related activity throughout the 90s. It produces impressively large buds and has a distinctive cheesy odour. Quickly cloned and baptised as Cheese, they’ve taken this beautiful specimen and crossed it with one of their best strains; Caramelo, which is a spectacular selection of the best exotic LAVENDER Indica and Sativa phenotypes (SUPER SKUNK – BIG SKUNK KOREAN – AFGHANI-HAWAIIAN). This plant produces dense bunches of resin-covered buds emanating a lavender and passion fruit aroma. Delicious Seeds Cheese Candy is an explosive commercial combination, this plant produces enormous buds in heavy lateral bunches covered in millions of trichomes bursting with a mild cheesy fragrance. Dare to try their Cheese Candy. Its yeasty cheese taste with liquorice and caramel overtones will blow your mind. While the initial effect is euphoric, after a few minutes it will leave you in a very relaxed and pleasurable state and is therefore recommended for daily therapeutic use.

Plant Set Number Four - Ch9 Female Seeds Vintage 2006

Genetics: Afghan / Power plant / Jack herer X Afghan / Power plant / Jack herer

Ch9 Female Seeds Vintage 2006 is one of the fastest vintage afghani influences hybrid. Vintage 2006 is a very easy to keep short and study plant. It will express a lot of Jack Herer hybrid phenotypes from very sweet aroma to more narcotic leaning towards the Jack 33 hazey, sweet, fresh flavour. Vintage 2006 comes with a fast uplifting start. It's cannabis seeds will complete flowering in 7 weeks and can be grown both indoor and outdoor. Indoor yield can grow up to 60-70 gr indoor with 35-45 days of veg Outdoor yield average of 260 gr outdoor or more depend on vegetative time and season. Up to 350 gr.

Plant Set Number Five - Female Seeds White Widow

Genetics: Indica/Sativa multi - hybrid

Female Seeds White Widow made it’s breakthrough in the mid 90’s with its buds so full of resin that it looks "sugared", with a tremendous knock-out stone. Unfortunately it was a low yielding strain. During the last 7 years we succeeded to increase it to a medium yielding strain without losing its tremendous character. The plants can be put on 12/12 hrs after two weeks and they will stay short. White Widow is an Indica/sativa multi-hybrid with indica characteristics. White Widow cannabis seeds flower between 8-9 weeks and can be harvested outdoors at the end of October.

Plant Set Number Six - Delicious Seeds Sugar Black Rose

Type: Indica
    Genetics: Critical + x Black domina

Delicious Seeds Sugar Black Rose is another indica cannabis strain from the Delicious Seeds. seeds of this variety become more and more popular for their fast and easy growing characteristics and heavy yields. Being 80%indica, this cannabis strain is said to have a great medical value and is used as a relaxant, effective for anxiety, pain, nausea, appetite stimulation, sleep, muscle spasms and tremors. Like any other indica dominant variety, Sugar Black Rose possesses a strong resistance to mould and shows an ability to cope well with a mild stress. She produces short dense plants, with broad leaves of a dark green shade which are suitable for indoor and outdoor cultivation. Mature plants are very pretty with large flowers turning into chunky nuggets in just 50-55 days. When growing indoors, feminized cannabis seeds of this marijuana variety respond well to all growing methods and produce a yield of 350 gr per m2 after typically indica's 7-8 weeks. Outside harvest starts in the middle of September and is as good as 450 gr of great marijuana per plant. By the end of flowering, a gentle musk aroma starts to appear and remains in the cured product. Those, who have already tried, describe the bouquet of aromas as very unique and complex, almost flowery and not skunky at all. Sugar Black Rose is ready taking over the strongest marijuana varieties in the world, her THC content is said between 18+% with a nice sweet taste. Marijuana of this indica has a relaxing social high, which allows you to sense and feel the environment, but does not lead to thinking or analyzing the experience.

Money well spent methinks, and actually quite excited about growing some of these

Off to ration myself a bit of last years stash, Which has got to see me through until I get some of this lot!
    As you can see, not a whole lot left

Name:	DSCF0152.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	133998
    And while on the case I'm gonna use my snazzy new mug

Name:	DSCF0155.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	133999

Hopefully when I get back from work at 12ish I'll have the start of a root

I'll keep you updated, Laters Guy's and Gal's!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BenjaminVonGrimm For This Useful Post:

Weebilly2 (19-11-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,985 Times

[QUOTE=BenjaminVonGrimm;1069253121]I'll be happy with somewhere around the 15-18g range, as I said, in it for a continual supply of smoke for myself, so I'd rather have quality, not quantity
    Not filling me with confidence on the height front though, what size did yours get to? I was under the impression they're short and squat?

Well at the end of the day they are an outside strain, 100% indica, Plants grow to 1-1.5m tall and have good yields, I was amazed with mine Considering it was sharing a 100w HPS with 4 others and still produced an oz,I really liked the smoke, It was the tallest out of all I grew at the time, I bent it in half, still grew to about 1ft, If you wanna take a look in my purple delights grow link below, You can see how I managed to keep it small, Best of luck fella, ATO

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GBK For This Useful Post:

BenjaminVonGrimm (06-09-12)

Thanks

[QUOTE=ATO;1069253570]
    Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminVonGrimm View Post
    Well at the end of the day they are an outside strain, 100% indica, Plants grow to 1-1.5m tall and have good yields, I was amazed with mine Considering it was sharing a 100w HPS with 4 others and still produced an oz,I really liked the smoke, It was the tallest out of all I grew at the time, I bent it in half, still grew to about 1ft, If you wanna take a look in my purple delights grow link below, You can see how I managed to keep it small, Best of luck fella, ATO
    Just taken a look at your grow of the Twilight, looks fucking beautiful man, really wasn't expecting it to look that good! Impressed!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BenjaminVonGrimm For This Useful Post:

GBK (06-09-12)

Thanks

Plant Set Number Five - Female Seeds White Widow

Genetics: Indica/Sativa multi - hybrid

Female Seeds White Widow made it’s breakthrough in the mid 90’s with its buds so full of resin that it looks "sugared", with a tremendous knock-out stone. Unfortunately it was a low yielding strain. During the last 7 years we succeeded to increase it to a medium yielding strain without losing its tremendous character. The plants can be put on 12/12 hrs after two weeks and they will stay short. White Widow is an Indica/sativa multi-hybrid with indica characteristics. White Widow cannabis seeds flower between 8-9 weeks and can be harvested outdoors at the end of October.
    Good call my friend....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hardon For This Useful Post:

BenjaminVonGrimm (06-09-12)

Thanks

We have lift off, popped within 12 hours!
    Stuck them into the Jiffy's, and have them at ground level under the lights, didn't want them too high up until they're a bit bigger and can deal with it.

May not be an update for a couple of day's, weekends are my busiest time of the week, will take pictures daily though and probably do a bulk upload on the Monday when I have time off.

Thanks for checking in

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenjaminVonGrimm For This Useful Post:

GBK (09-09-12), hardon (08-09-12)

Thanks

Bonjour,

Little ones are coming along steadily, they're just about to break the surface as I can see the cotyledon's coming through.

Temps seem to have got a bit higher for some reason and are reaching about 38C, not sure if it's the fact
    A) The weather has been warmer.
    B) I've set the house heating to come on in the morning, which is when I check them, so it'd be higher,
    C) The Mylar lining is increasing heat,
    D) Or my 3 hour test run was just a waste of time..

Either way, it's one of those things, and I need to find a way of pushing some fresh air into the space, that doesn't involve dodgy PC fans connected to mobile chargers, or having to drill massive holes for ducting and somewhat negating the 'stealth' element.. But I've got a feeling that might be the only way.
    Anyone with any advice would be much obliged

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BenjaminVonGrimm For This Useful Post:

GBK (09-09-12)

Thanks

Temps are getting a tad bit high, came home to 41 Degrees C, really need some form of air intake, budget isn't a problem, size is, so that rules out adding another extractor due to size, so if anyone has a link to something that'll drag in fresh air that doesn't involve dodgy wiring, EG: PC Fan attached to mobile charger, that would be uber helpful.. thanks inn advance!

Thanks

Temps are getting a tad bit high, came home to 41 Degrees C, really need some form of air intake, budget isn't a problem, size is, so that rules out adding another extractor due to size, so if anyone has a link to something that'll drag in fresh air that doesn't involve dodgy wiring, EG: PC Fan attached to mobile charger, that would be uber helpful.. thanks inn advance!
    Bigger intake holes. I think you already know this but there isn't much else you can do and if your temps are that high, you need to get it sorted asap.

Cheers,
    Hardon

Thanks

I love the fact you're implying I have intake holes... May have overlooked that in the design process.

I grew Northern Lights last time, as a tent grow in a loft, in summer, and it was always around the 38-42 bracket and they survived, infact, they loved it, they were always lush and green.. Assuming the adverse effect is stress?
    But on the other hand, surely in their native countries the heat get's in excess of that?

ATB

BVG

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BenjaminVonGrimm For This Useful Post:

ButtyBach (02-12-12)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast