Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: GB's No Expense Spent Guide to Making Squidgy Black Hash

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymiss View Post
    Good method, Buddy

I wonder... Would a salad spinner be effective at getting the last of the liquid out of the plant matter during the colander/sieve stage?
    mmmm possibly, but you could end up with the trichs being forced against the plant matter as opposed to loosened and drained when you add more water

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

Winstun (22-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Good point. I kind of meant as a final thing though, so it would still get the agitated rinse first.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (22-10-12), Winstun (22-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,681 Times

Quote Originally Posted by goodbuddy View Post
    Hi Winstun

I had mine well dried out and stored away for a bit, so that was the dry/cure, not exactly the same as the bud cure but about the same. It wasn't anywhere near as green as some other goes I've had as the chlorophyl has broken down making for a 'cleaner' extract.

I'd probably not be too worried about all the stem bits t.b.h, they will float to the top of the ice mix anyway, and may help to detach the trichy goodness from all the trim when mixing it up

You could easily just put it all in the freezer without drying and get a similar product, just more chance of it being greener (and not tasting as good) if not dried off first

If you've got bubble-bags or similar, then putting the stems in will knock f*ck out of them a lot quicker.

Hope this helps
    Ok so . . .

I will give the trimming a really good dry over the next week or two so its nice and crispy, and use it fresh rather than freezing it, sounds like the best approach, i dont have any bubble bags so i thought i would give your method a whirl first of all (looks quicker and easier too, im a lazy git lol), but if i do end up getting some in the future, i will remember not to chop the stalks up lol

Just one other question . . . You know how you used the flower sieve to scoop out all the crap from the buck of liquid . . well wouldn't it be more effective to pour the entire contents of the bucket through the sieve instead ? this should remove almost all of the bits of unwanted stuff and just leave the brown liquid shouldnt it ? . . . or did you scoop this bits off so you weren't disturbing the trichs in the bottom of the bucket as much ? I might try it and leave the bucket for longer than a couple of hours, maybe overnight and it should give them more time to settle

Thanks again GB mate your a star

Good method, Buddy

I wonder... Would a salad spinner be effective at getting the last of the liquid out of the plant matter during the colander/sieve stage?
    Nice idea Anonymiss unfortunately i dont own one of those spinny contraptions or i would have given it a shot my dear, i am a very basic creature you know unfortunately

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by winstun View Post
    Ok so . . .I will give the trimming a really good dry over the next week or two so its nice and crispy, and use it fresh rather than freezing it, sounds like the best approach,
    I would still freeze it once it's dried as the trichs will come off easier Just didn't bother myself in this example as I wanted to get it on quick

Just one other question . . . You know how you used the flower sieve to scoop out all the crap from the buck of liquid . . well wouldn't it be more effective to pour the entire contents of the bucket through the sieve instead ? this should remove almost all of the bits of unwanted stuff and just leave the brown liquid shouldnt it ? . . . or did you scoop this bits off so you weren't disturbing the trichs in the bottom of the bucket as much ? I might try it and leave the bucket for longer than a couple of hours, maybe overnight and it should give them more time to settle
    Most of the crap by this time is floating, and it can get messy pouring a big bucket-full through a little sieve pmsl

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

Winstun (22-10-12)

Thanks

Good point. I kind of meant as a final thing though, so it would still get the agitated rinse first.
    If you've got one, and have a go, let us know I'm sure lots of folks suspect you have access to an industrial strength centrifuge which could make a stand-in for different graded filters

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

Lil Sindigo (27-10-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goodbuddy View Post
    I would still freeze it once it's dried as the trichs will come off easier Just didn't bother myself in this example as I wanted to get it on quick
    Ahhhhh ok . . dry, then freeze, then into bucket with ice . . . . got it sorry mate i know its hard working with simpletons like me lol, i just wanna get it right first time, no messin

Most of the crap by this time is floating, and it can get messy pouring a big bucket-full through a little sieve pmsl
    I like living life on the edge dude and I laugh in the face of impossible tasks, hahahahahaaaaawwwrrrr or i might just try and buy a superking sieve to be on the safe side pmsl

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Winstun For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (22-10-12)

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Can't believe I missed this guide AND why it's not a sticky?

It is now.

Nice one mate!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (22-10-12), lil rasta (08-11-12), Lil Sindigo (27-10-12), Winstun (22-10-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grub View Post
    Can't believe I missed this guide AND why it's not a sticky?

It is now.

Nice one mate!
    I was thinking the same Grub, nice one . . . Maybe goodbuddy is too modest to grant his own thread sticky status

Well deseved Sticky goodbuddy, congratulations

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Winstun For This Useful Post:

Grub (22-10-12)

Thanks

I was thinking the same Grub, nice one . . . Maybe goodbuddy is too modest to grant his own thread sticky status

Well deseved Sticky goodbuddy, congratulations
    Bigging myself up with stickys or the 'cult of personality' on forums isn't really my thang

but cheers Grub, much appreciated

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

Grub (22-10-12), Lil Sindigo (27-10-12), Winstun (22-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,718 Times

Default GB's No Expense Spent Guide to Making Squidgy Black Hash

Great guide cheers GB.

My little ball of goodness from 2 plants worth of cuttings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352041451.565214.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	149515

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hedrush For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (04-11-12), Winstun (04-11-12)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast