Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Led buyers guide

1. Default

who is passing of your work as there owen.

i wish i had my tongue up her arse. hmmm.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LBN For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-11-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptonite View Post
    What are you doing mate,you contribute like this and TOKEITBITCH walks when he clearly broke forum rules.Reason,because he said what those that cant have wanted to for a long time.

*snip*
    Apologies out of line,ive managed to trace coco.He got in touch.Thanks for letting me use this as i point of contact.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kryptonite For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-11-17)

Thanks

The diamond series manufactured by e-shine systems and sold at retail by advancedledlighting.

Now first and foremost im going to start with my own personel prefered led grow light of choice the 11 spectra plus diamond series led grow light.Thats not to say i wont be covering others makes and models as i feel there valid and have there place.

These led grow lights can be purchased in a range of colours and sizes and range from 100watt to 1000watt,depending on your requirements.If your serious i would start at a minimum of the 200watt model,unless your working in a tiny space.You could gang two up and have a third light effect as detailed at the top of this thread.

Height
    As these have a diamond lense there designed to penertrate from one metre and dont require any side lighting.From my own experience i wouldnt have them closer then 30 inches in veg or 20 inches in bloom as this will have a bleaching and fading effect on your buds and leaves.

Footprint
    Because of there profile,i find these led grow lights offer a nice are of coverage,even a smaller wattage model like the 200watt for example can grow four automatics or two larger regular strains in a larger space.Theres examples in my own grow diarys(4x6)and a example below from a good friend who uses the size wattage light as me.He also loves his reggae like me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLRbFzRMLS8&feature=plcp

This is also a good reference point for those looking for examples of the 200watt model in action as bobbycron has lots of video grows demonstrating these lights.

To be continued.
    Last edited by CocoSteel; 29-09-12 at 12:26 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CocoSteel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-11-17), The_Saint (26-08-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by utaiowswift73 View Post
    morning coco,great info mate.had a evening with an old mate tonight,and out of the blue he said what do you think of leds?.i asked why,and he said these can be made very easy.and would i like to test some for him.i came straight home to do some homework and read your post,he a very very clever bloke to say the least,and defo on the right track,hes not a grower due to reasons.but talked a lot about diff quality leds bulbs ie china.he is going to make me a custom board of my choice,i just need to pick your brains or any ideas you could surgest for a tent 3.0x1.5x2.0m .am growing in a iws dwc 8 to 10 pot fd system.my friend has most parts and diff bulbs already and can start today £notes not a problem,also do you think it would be a good idea to hang some panels on the sides or would that be over kill.cheers coco keep up the good work on this site.
    Thanks for the feedback....believing that these are easy to make is a mis-conception,theres a science at play and each led is driven at a different frequency at different rates on a time scale,plus layout is a factor and the type of led diodes used.Its not just a case of getting the right colours and BOOM,you have a lovely plant.The best lights on the market have had extensive research and development and have been specifically built for cannabis and cover the spectras that they need the most,especially in flower and bud.Ultimetly you want a light that is a excellent vegger and flowering light,and in the case of the better lights will veg a plant better then any lighting medium on the market.Imo leds are better for vegging then cfls and i have extensive experience of both hid and cfls.

Then you bring conditions into play,pot size,the nutrients used.In most cases people totally over fertilize with leds and wonder why the end result produces fluffy small buds or a plant thats more akin to the exact wattage of the light,theres still a learning curve to getting the best out of them and many right them off before they get the best out of them.

A skilled hand can produce results akin to a hid system at half the wattage.The way to grow with leds is to apply the science of the great outdoors and think along the same lines.

If you need side lighting then the led isnt penertrating.Likewise dont listen to the claims of people selling these lights,there out to make a quick buck and dont care if your left with absolute dog only suitable for growing basil.
    Last edited by CocoSteel; 29-09-12 at 03:11 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CocoSteel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-11-17)

Thanks

Its also important to veg and flower with a led light,using a different lighting medium first and then switching to leds in the flowering stage wont produce the same end product.

As i vegg with leds my plants produce much more branching and on average i have 15 branches or more as well as the main kola,the good ones make your plants very bushy.

Thanks

Please don't be shy people,I'm not a boffin and ive got a great sense of humour....share your led story's,did you buy a crap panel that caught fire(has to be true no fiction)..did you spend a grand and only produce popcorn...any questions or any of your own grows with pictures that you would like to share with us on thctalk.

This thread is all about expanding the knowledge pool and im in the process of putting one big post together with 49 different led lights tested from the new to makes like prosource from my commercial growing days.

No spammers you have to show results if you want to prove your lights metal.
    Last edited by CocoSteel; 01-10-12 at 09:22 PM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CocoSteel For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (01-10-12), GEORGE (02-11-17), needsmust (02-10-12)

Boxteroid Champion! Crazy Cars Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,305 Times

Welcome back Coco. Great thread, looking forward to learning from all the information!
    The cream rises to the top, regardless of the cow it came from.
    My grows are done in a Stealth Cab 250w CFL

PC Fan to Mains for Dummies

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to needsmust For This Useful Post:

CocoSteel (02-10-12), GEORGE (02-11-17)

Thanks

Great thread Coco!!!
    I've also been doing alot of research into LED lighting and I can most definately agree with you.
    E-Shine seem to be the leading brand in LED lighting atm. They're 3G and new 4G LED lights are second to none!
    They produce lights with both 1w and 3w LEDs, and 2 - 11 band wavelengths.
    You can get them through Alibaba

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sharktooth For This Useful Post:

CocoSteel (29-11-12), GEORGE (02-11-17), resm4 (16-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,503 Times

Coco well done mate, im all up for opening my mind. How have you found the angle or degree of each diode. Some have more spread. Can you try to get your findings on a sticky? Wouldn't mind building one as im a bit of a diy'er.
    Cheers
    Been busy in life, sorry to have missed so much in the forum.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jumpon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,503 Times

Also this 11 7 etc wavelength is that 11 different bandwidths, thick question just that ive always known it to be measured like 750nm etc?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jumpon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-11-17)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast