Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Led buyers guide

Thanks

Default Re: Led buyers guide

I'm curious if anyone has tried the LED par30 or par38 flood lamps? I'm an electrician and can easily wire up a few 6" cans and put some led spots in them, but I wonder what the outcome would be.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,503 Times

Are they the disco cans?
    Been busy in life, sorry to have missed so much in the forum.

Thanks

Not sure what you mean by disco can, but its a standard 120v(I'm in America) 6" can that will take any lamp up to 75w of power.

Thanks

I see, i thought you was going to mod one of these http://gzhuacai.en.made-in-china.com...sco-Light.html

Thanks

Thanks

Oh i see, the casing is cheap as chips, one thing i've learned about leds is a lot emit light straight, there isn't much angle or i think they call it degree of light that emits from the sides, so you would need to have the plants underneath it, but i think there are some that do shine more like a conventional bulb.
    Contact UP2NOGOOD i think has said he will send people a link of good led lights, not to sure if it's the whole package thou, but they might sell them individually, and if your a sparky then you should be able to make your own circuit, there's a few how too's on youtube.

Thanks

Correct, I can easily wire up any new circuit from the panel and add a switch or even a dimmer to these cans; I'm a certified journeyman electrician. My question is if these PAR style lamps have the same quality LEDs as a lighting panel everyone else is using. If I line up say 6 of these like this:

O. O. O.

O. O. O.

I can get a very good beam spread even with a narrow beam spread bulb. Any input from you guys?

Thanks

Sounds good, thou the link you gave me was not good, but i think i have found something the same, but it does state it's not dimmable.

Thanks

very good thanks

Thanks

Default 357 magnum

Thanks for all of the great info Cocosteel and everyone else that posted. This truly does help. Quick question for you cocosteel, do you happen to know who manufactures the 357 magnum plus? I have been searching for the manufacturer so that I can buy factory direct, but can't seem to find the actual chinese company that manufactures the light. Thanks for all of your help!! Also, on a side note, because you have had great experiences with e.shine. Would you say that a e.shine 200w diamond series light would be enough for a 2ftx2ft- 2ftx3ft area? for about 4-6 mediumish plants? Thanks!!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast