Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: does sugar really help???

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,503 Times
    Provided Answers: 22

Quote Originally Posted by jimmi420 View Post
    Id lean towards using tbl sugar as a carb booster in coco , although your coco should be treated and have freindly bacteria in it ,i read somewhere its debateable whether they work and survive long periods of constant feeding of chemicals, that said i use a microherd in coco, but add extra at the begining when potting up and still go the tble sugar route, but if your useing mollasses it wont do no harm and do more good than not using it imho, i just think table sugar would do a better job in coco than mollasses , but thats me and not every one will agree.
    Cool cool, so i can buy this microherd, i shall google it, and when you say table sugar, you mean the stuff that goes into your drink yeah, sorry never heard of table sugar!!
    Been busy in life, sorry to have missed so much in the forum.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jumpon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,129 Times
    Provided Answers: 19

Quote Originally Posted by jimmi420 View Post
    Depends what your using it for mollasses is more for feeding your microherd , your plant cant use it straight of its a complex sugar and cant be taken up by a plant , unlike sugars which are known as simple sugars , like sucrose(white tbl sugar) fructose, glucose and so on , these are available to the plant more or less straight away and can be taken up in very small ammounts so can be used as a carb booster, if your growing in dirt mollosses is better to use in hydro or an inert medium id go table sugar , that said a 50/50 mix would work out ok , but you gotta get unsulphered black strap mollasses , doseage id go a tablespoon per gallon or 2 teaspoons of each in a 50/50 mix.
    cheers pal. much appreciated. plenty for me to go on
    btw jimmi, im lovin your work. i recently discovered your 1lb per plant grow and....shiiiitttttttt! speechless brother which isnt like me! if you need a free room sometime for some help with my grow ha ha

4. The Following User Says Thank You to green grass For This Useful Post:

jimmi420 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jumpon View Post
    Cool cool, so i can buy this microherd, i shall google it, and when you say table sugar, you mean the stuff that goes into your drink yeah, sorry never heard of table sugar!!
    Sounds funny that does , but yes all it is just freindly bacteria/fungi that keeps your roots in tip top condition and disease free by eating all the bad bacteria/fungi and helps with food uptake, if your growing in canna coco that allready has some trichoderma in it but i add extra, i use canna aktrivator,this stuff eats all the bad bacteria and keeps your root ball healthy free from diseases, also look at root grow (mycorrhiza fungi) on ebay a great product and cheaper than stuff like P.M granuales from grow shops, this will add another fungi root system to your exsisting roots and help with food uptake, a bit like roots are arteries and the fungi capillaries , but the trichoderma and mycorrhiza can co exsist together.
    Quote Originally Posted by green grass View Post
    cheers pal. much appreciated. plenty for me to go on
    btw jimmi, im lovin your work. i recently discovered your 1lb per plant grow and....shiiiitttttttt! speechless brother which isnt like me! if you need a free room sometime for some help with my grow ha ha
    Cool ill keep it mind ,lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

jumpon (20-09-12)

Thanks

Wicked, just been reading up on it and a few of those m fungi words were covered, there was a bit of anaerobic and aerobic types. Guess it's just like in fishtanks where you add friendly bacteria.
    I use my coco again and again for about 3 grows, each time baking it, so i guess i've killed alot of this fungi off!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jumpon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,129 Times
    Provided Answers: 19

an interesting read that i just discovered online...

Using Molasses, Honey, and Sugar Water on Marijuana Plants

Yet another topic often debated by many Cannabis growers, is whether or not adding ingredients like Molasses, Honey, or Sugar Water increase a plants health, and quality of the buds it produces.
    In the following article, we are going to go over the different uses growers claim sugar based products have in the Marijuana grow room, and how you can use it to grow better Cannabis.

What Does Sugar Do for Marijuana Plants?
    There are 4 primary reasons most growers report using sugars in their Cannabis grows.

■It sweetens the flavor of your smoke
    One of the most touted reasons to use sugar in your cannabis grows is to increase the flavors of your buds. This is something we have experienced firsthand in some of the grows we have been a part of in the past. However many other growers suggest that sugar does not improve the flavor of smoke at all, and that this is just a myth.

•It helps to bulk up the buds
    Another benefit claimed to be a myth by some growers, and to be fact by others, reportedly adding sugar to your Cannabis grows will increase the size of your buds. We have experienced some of our biggest buds while use sugar in our nutrient programs. However without a proper scientific control we can’t give you any exact numbers yet.

•It helps to harden the buds
    Some growers suggest that by using sugar you can actually increase the hardness of the Marijuana buds. While not as widely accepted, this may be a case of strain specific results, and not as easily duplicated.

•It feeds enzymes and other beneficial bacterium's in the grow media
    One of the only benefits not debated is the usefulness of sugar in soils or mediums that have an active living root system filled with Mycorrhizae. Sugars and carbohydrates help to feed the colonies of bacteria to keep them healthy, a byproduct of which is healthy plants.
    What Forms of Sugar Can I Feed My Marijuana Plants?
    There are numerous companies that make different types of sugar based products. Some of the more popular sugar products are: Bud Candy, FloraNectar, Hydro Honey, Sugar Daddy, Grandma’s Molasses.
    As far as cost Grandma’s Molasses is the cheapest, and can be found at almost any local grocery store.
    As far as quality, in our experience Hydro Honey by Humboldt County’s Own was the best. This is probably because it contains 88% molasses along with other ingredients that are formulated to be more stable in hydroponic environments that straight molasses is.

So Should I Use Sugar Products on My Marijuana Plants?
    With such a highly debated topic, I would advise you to absolutely try it for yourself. What works for one person doesn’t always work for another.
    With so many variations in strains of Marijuana, Nutrient Products, and Environments, it is more than likely some growers will have more success using sugar than other growers.
    Personal experience is one of the best teachers!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to green grass For This Useful Post:

BlessedYouth (17-11-13), Stimpy (27-11-12), Tomtalk (30-11-12), ~Guerrillaindamist~ (19-03-13)

jimmi420 Guest

, sorry never heard of table sugar!!
    Im guessing your a young en , well not my age , i thought thats what its allways been called tate & lyle table sugar, im getting old man lol

Wicked, just been reading up on it and a few of those m fungi words were covered, there was a bit of anaerobic and aerobic types. Guess it's just like in fishtanks where you add friendly bacteria.
    I use my coco again and again for about 3 grows, each time baking it, so i guess i've killed alot of this fungi off!!
    Not letting your water stand at least 24 hours to dossolve the chlorine also kills them , many things kill em though, they are delicate forms of life.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

spoonofinsanity (27-11-12)

Thanks

Yeah i all ready let it stand for 24 to 48 hours. cheers

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jumpon For This Useful Post:

jimmi420 Guest

Her`s a good read about sugars and amino acids for plants http://urbangardenmagazine.com/2010/...acid-products/

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

green grass (21-09-12), spoonofinsanity (27-11-12)

Thanks

Molasses is produced from suger kane.

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 3

so basically i can add regular sugar from the supermarket into my flood and drain

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast