Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Take your pick of the experiments.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,322 Times

il give it a stab in a few weeks me thinks, my plant numbers are abit high atm. so dont want to be adding any til ive chopped some
    “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” Noam Chomsky

Stay Close to the soil, its good for the soul.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychocannanaut For This Useful Post:

Dionysos (14-11-20), Goodbuddy (22-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,399 Times

have read some strong debates regarding 1 and 2 on here already!.. i think you will need to do a side to side with same strain to really test it..
    current grow - a quick run of Power Plant in mapito by Rory B

"How is it that your fucking stupid soon-to-be-dead friends thought they might be able to steal my cannabis and then sell it back to me? Is this a declaration of war? Is this some white cunt's joke that black cunts don't get? 'Cause Im not fucking laughing Ni-ko-las!"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rory Breaker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,305 Times

I have done this a few times and I got 60%+ females....

Veg on 14/10 to encourage more females from regular seeds.
    Once sexed, shove em on a normal schedule to beef em up a bit as you do lose some growth on14/10.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr Swilly For This Useful Post:

Dionysos (14-11-20), Goodbuddy (22-09-12), L (22-09-12), THE DUDE ABIDES (23-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,723 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Swilly View Post

Once sexed, shove em on a normal schedule to beef em up a bit as you do lose some growth on14/10.
    Lots of people say that the ratio of females to males is a set amount that can not be altered, however I have read a lot of info that suggests getting the right temps and rh etc can greatly increase your female to male ratio

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to L For This Useful Post:

Thanks

d'you know why veggin them like that encourages more females from reg seeds, i assumed that reg seeds are a certain sex and we cant change that

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychocannanaut For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychocannanaut View Post
    d'you know why veggin them like that encourages more females from reg seeds, i assumed that reg seeds are a certain sex and we cant change that
    From what I read there are many things that can determine sex....this is copied, not my work.
    The 14/10 gives lower temps and higher humidity. It is well worth trying IMHO. One crop of Mmg I did in 2005 had only one bean that was male, so 12 girls from 13 beans. I did go heavy on the n feed for this as well.

Level of nitrogen and potassium of the seedbed: A heightening of the standard level of nitrogen makes for more female cannabis plants originating from the weed seeds. A lowering of the nitrogen level shows more male cannabis plants. A heightening of the level of potassium tends to show more male marijuana plants, while a lowering of the potassium level shows more female marijuana plants. A combination of a higher nitrogen level for the period of a week or two and a lowering of the potassium level is recommended.
    Humidity and moistness of the seedbed: a higher humidity makes for an increase in the number of female cannabis plants from weed seed, a lowering for an increase in male cannabis plants. The same is valid for the moistness of the seedbed.
    Level of temperatures: lower temperatures make for a larger number of female marijuana plants, higher temperatures for more male marijuana plants.
    Colour of light: more blue light makes for female cannabis plants from seed, more red light makes for more male cannabis plants.
    Hours of daylight: few hours of daylight (e.g. 14 hours) makes for more female individuals, a long day (e.g. 18 hours) makes for more male cannabis plants.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr Swilly For This Useful Post:

Dionysos (14-11-20), Goodbuddy (22-09-12), L (22-09-12), psychocannanaut (22-09-12)

Thanks

From what I read there are many things that can determine sex....this is copied, not my work.
    The 14/10 gives lower temps and higher humidity. It is well worth trying IMHO. One crop of Mmg I did in 2005 had only one bean that was male, so 12 girls from 13 beans. I did go heavy on the n feed for this as well.

Level of nitrogen and potassium of the seedbed: A heightening of the standard level of nitrogen makes for more female cannabis plants originating from the weed seeds. A lowering of the nitrogen level shows more male cannabis plants. A heightening of the level of potassium tends to show more male marijuana plants, while a lowering of the potassium level shows more female marijuana plants. A combination of a higher nitrogen level for the period of a week or two and a lowering of the potassium level is recommended.
    Humidity and moistness of the seedbed: a higher humidity makes for an increase in the number of female cannabis plants from weed seed, a lowering for an increase in male cannabis plants. The same is valid for the moistness of the seedbed.
    Level of temperatures: lower temperatures make for a larger number of female marijuana plants, higher temperatures for more male marijuana plants.
    Colour of light: more blue light makes for female cannabis plants from seed, more red light makes for more male cannabis plants.
    Hours of daylight: few hours of daylight (e.g. 14 hours) makes for more female individuals, a long day (e.g. 18 hours) makes for more male cannabis plants.
    cheers man quite a good read, im going with tga regs next grow so this should come in useful
    reeespek swills

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychocannanaut For This Useful Post:

Dionysos (14-11-20), Goodbuddy (22-09-12), Mr Swilly (22-09-12)

Icon Guest

There has been mention of a grow off between H2O2 and Bennies(Beneficial Bacteria)

We could do countless side by side grows and they are interesting apart from its very difficult to actually do them.
    Theres a few reasons why they are difficult and daft as it sounds one of the main ones on here will be that when you see one out performing the other its so tempting to throw the towel in on the test and just use the best method but until the final yield is done we really can never know, and so many members on here are new to growing so want the best all the time.

I could go on for a while on various subjects but I will offer support on any that I have previously done.

Good Idea GB
    Icon

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (22-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Keep them coming peeps

I'll edit the original post and add the new ideas/variatons to the list later

Thanks

Attention all qvc viewers...lol. I like tomorite, but this is much better......

Richard jacksons flower power is a great feed to feed your plants. It is not organic, but I have used it and can thoroughly recommend it. Come in granules which dissolve easy in cold water. Just throw a pinch or two per 5 litres and jobs a goodun. I have had better results with this than other canna feed, biobizz, hesi etc. 18 quid for 750g is not bad and would prob last a few years for someone with a 600hps.

http://www.richardjacksonsgarden.co....um-plant-food/

Here's a soil grow using it under a 600. I found it dead easy, no problems really and lots of budsites and foliage as you can see. Some canopy pics and some individual plant pics.. All fed on this stuff, and some piss for extra n.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr Swilly For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (23-09-12), psychocannanaut (22-09-12), THE DUDE ABIDES (23-09-12), urban grower (07-10-12)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast