Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Drugs Live: The Ecstasy Trial

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

legalise every drug i say and educate people properly, once its on the street then god knows what your taking, people are going to take it anyway so get it off the black market and see how many billions the government bring in

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

Budmore (28-09-12), Ganesha (29-09-12), GEORGE (04-05-21), Grandad (28-09-12), psychocannanaut (28-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,322 Times

budmore mate dont think anyone is really hoping this leads to it being legalised, but recognized and used to its potential imo anyway
    “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” Noam Chomsky

Stay Close to the soil, its good for the soul.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychocannanaut For This Useful Post:

Budmore (28-09-12), dekay (28-09-12), GEORGE (04-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,916 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Icon View Post
    Im struggling to understand your logic Tik Tok sorry. I think, are you just using that as an argument against it are you? rather then it being a fact?
    So why would they waste money investing in this study with the Professors Nutt et el? and they have now agreed further funding for this very same expanding the project. There must be an end to justify the expense, so I am sorry if I am missing something but it seems to me, quite obvious that the therapeutic reasons of treatment of traumatic stress disorder will lead to the possibility of it being made legal for medical use which is all this project is looking at.

Unless we are mistaken then its a complete waste of money if there is no chance it can become legal for medicinal use

I would also like to make a completely different point and that is the Medical council that approves Drugs is actually very reluctant to approve drugs that are as controversial as these. Here is why...

The council approves many many cancer drugs because with Cancer if you dont take the certain drug the chances are you will die so they approve many of the drugs because they have little to lose, whereas with mdma used for PTSD then the person is not as likely to die from this other then a small % to suicide, so If the council approves it yet it later turns out to have serious long term side effects then the council will be held responsible. But if they decide not to approve it, well they cant be held responsible can they? hence the dichotomy, they need to be held responsible for not doing it also
    This is in fact a very serious issue amongst many drugs companies trying to obtain a license including many for alzheimer's, parkinson's and the like.

ATB
    Icon
    I'm not arguing against it, just stating some facts about it. I applaud Channel 4 for funding the research but ask yourself why it has taken a TV channel and not big pharma to do it. It's cos the Big Pharma companies wont spend the money on the research and obtaining licences from the MHRA, EMA and the FDA etc. It would cost millions and they wouldn't have exclusive rights to mdma so if they got a product licensed, other companies could produce it without having the research and licensing costs to recover.

I have no doubt that if the research proves treatments with mdma can help patients, government and their chums at big pharma will invent some loopholes to profit from but then Merck (The German company who patented it) may make claims.

I can see massive legal challenges over it's commercial production. That was my point, sorry if I wasn't clear.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TIKTOK For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,322 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    legalise every drug i say and educate people properly, once its on the street then god knows what your taking, people are going to take it anyway so get it off the black market and see how many billions the government bring in
    what i think is terrible is that drugs are probably more readily available to under 18's then alcohol is, hear more and more about kids taking drugs in the news and studies of drug and alcohol being done on schoolkids
    proof governments prohibition is failing

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to psychocannanaut For This Useful Post:

dekay (28-09-12), Eggbox (28-09-12), GEORGE (04-05-21), Grandad (28-09-12), Murdock (28-09-12), TIKTOK (28-09-12), very green greenhouse (28-09-12)

Thanks

some people bash MDMA saying they used it once and had a bad experience with it, saying it left them ill for months after the time of consumption, but what a lot of them do not say is how much they took, what else they mixed it with, (alcohol) and where they got it from.
    if they had bought some pills of a shady guy at a club claiming it was Ecstasy(it could of been mixed with any thing that could of been harmful) mixed it with other drugs such as alcohol witch is a dangerous drug anyway then took more than your body can handle without knowing the percentage of MDMA it contained.
    you are asking for trouble, so before people say its deadly no matter how much you take, they need to know that its MDMA that they where testing not that potentially off the street crap. as nut said it had a precise effect on the brain and not a messy effect.
    this i not aimed at any comment on here but from other places across the Internet.
    so i believe they should test this drug for medical use if it has got potential positive effects.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to very green greenhouse For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by very green greenhouse View Post
    some people bash MDMA saying they used it once and had a bad experience with it, saying it left them ill for months after the time of consumption, but what a lot of them do not say is how much they took, what else they mixed it with, (alcohol) and where they got it from.
    if they had bought some pills of a shady guy at a club claiming it was Ecstasy(it could of been mixed with any thing that could of been harmful) mixed it with other drugs such as alcohol witch is a dangerous drug anyway then took more than your body can handle without knowing the percentage of MDMA it contained.
    you are asking for trouble, so before people say its deadly no matter how much you take, they need to know that its MDMA that they where testing not that potentially off the street crap. as nut said it had a precise effect on the brain and not a messy effect.
    this i not aimed at any comment on here but from other places across the Internet.
    so i believe they should test this drug for medical use if it has got potential positive effects.

yeah i agree with not knowing what your actually taken if buying of the street, thats what my issue was with the program, will that show make it seem more popular and safe to take mdma and E to the younger generation, then they will go buy of street.. if theres money to be made off that, then im thinking a few idiots might start making up shit/bad drugs.. one thing for sure is, i would love to try some good mdma lol
    SpAcEcAkEs MuLtI-sTrAiN 12/12 F/Seed GD https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ti-Strain-Grow

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twelve12 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21), very green greenhouse (28-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

Quote Originally Posted by psychocannanaut View Post
    budmore mate dont think anyone is really hoping this leads to it being legalised, but recognized and used to its potential imo anyway
    I want most drugs to be legal in all honesty i dont think ive ever ended up fighting with someone who's pilling as opposed to alcohol but i suppose drugs live might kinda change the public view on the subject but i aint got no high hopes for it to be used for anything but a scapegoat for peoples irresponsibility IF it becomes decriminalized for medicinal use or legalized for recreational use.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Budmore For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21), psychocannanaut (28-09-12)

Thanks

that might be a concern about the show maybe glorifying the drug, but i always think you have to use common sense in this situation and be cautious of any drug that you don't know what it contains. and take the show as it is, just an educational show.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to very green greenhouse For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21), twelve12 (28-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

He is still spamming, he is every where????????????

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3