Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Drugs Live: The Ecstasy Trial

Icon Guest

TikTok....Not sure what you mean but its come over wrong to me?

MDMA can be used if given the go ahead by the Medical board thats the reason for the trials.

The big drug companies would still be interested if it was taken on because they will still make a profit.

Theres 1,000s of drugs still available that are out of patent Ibuprofen for example Aspirin, paracetamol etc etc, just that no company would have the patent as I understand it.

ATB
    Icon

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Grandad (28-09-12), TIKTOK (28-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,916 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Icon View Post
    TikTok....Not sure what you mean but its come over wrong to me?

MDMA can be used if given the go ahead by the Medical board thats the reason for the trials.

The big drug companies would still be interested if it was taken on because they will still make a profit.

Theres 1,000s of drugs still available that are out of patent Ibuprofen for example Aspirin, paracetamol etc etc, just that no company would have the patent as I understand it.

ATB
    Icon
    "no exclusive rights"

It can't be patented twice! Who's gonna spend a fortune on researching uses, side effects and getting it licenced if they don't have exclusive rights to the profits. Whatever companies invented ibuprofen. paracetamol etc would have made a killing selling licenses but that option isn't available for MDMA.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TIKTOK For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21)

Icon Guest

Im struggling to understand your logic Tik Tok sorry. I think, are you just using that as an argument against it are you? rather then it being a fact?
    So why would they waste money investing in this study with the Professors Nutt et el? and they have now agreed further funding for this very same expanding the project. There must be an end to justify the expense, so I am sorry if I am missing something but it seems to me, quite obvious that the therapeutic reasons of treatment of traumatic stress disorder will lead to the possibility of it being made legal for medical use which is all this project is looking at.

Unless we are mistaken then its a complete waste of money if there is no chance it can become legal for medicinal use

I would also like to make a completely different point and that is the Medical council that approves Drugs is actually very reluctant to approve drugs that are as controversial as these. Here is why...

The council approves many many cancer drugs because with Cancer if you dont take the certain drug the chances are you will die so they approve many of the drugs because they have little to lose, whereas with mdma used for PTSD then the person is not as likely to die from this other then a small % to suicide, so If the council approves it yet it later turns out to have serious long term side effects then the council will be held responsible. But if they decide not to approve it, well they cant be held responsible can they? hence the dichotomy, they need to be held responsible for not doing it also
    This is in fact a very serious issue amongst many drugs companies trying to obtain a license including many for alzheimer's, parkinson's and the like.

ATB
    Icon

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

dekay (28-09-12), Grandad (28-09-12)

Thanks

i didnt understand what the point of the show was?? they are testing the drug for theraputic reasons? i thought mdma was a party drug makes you go off your nut? surley a theraputic drug would be cannabis?

also if they did use mdma for theraputic reasons would they break it down and take away the stuff that makes you wanna party? so your left with just the happy love feelings?
    SpAcEcAkEs MuLtI-sTrAiN 12/12 F/Seed GD https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ti-Strain-Grow

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twelve12 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21)

Icon Guest

Its early days but Its completely different therapy to cannabis in the way it effects the brain, but one could debate the use of cannabis may also help, obviously thats another debate completely.

ATB
    Icon

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

twelve12 (28-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,322 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Space-Cakes View Post
    i didnt understand what the point of the show was?? they are testing the drug for theraputic reasons? i thought mdma was a party drug makes you go off your nut? surley a theraputic drug would be cannabis?

also if they did use mdma for theraputic reasons would they break it down and take away the stuff that makes you wanna party? so your left with just the happy love feelings?
    how a drug effects you is largely down to set and setting, have you tried mdma spacecakes?
    imo it will be very effective in therapy, though it needs to be taken in the right conditions
    and in a hospital bed, with people you dont know isnt the best way to use the drug lol
    “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” Noam Chomsky

Stay Close to the soil, its good for the soul.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychocannanaut For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21), twelve12 (28-09-12)

Thanks

ive not done mdma much mate, maybes a few time when pissed a good few year ago. not experienced with the drug, i can only go on how it made me feel, but im sure it does so much more.. i kinda thought it was sending out the wrong message tho, cos society these days is full of party animal pissheads that just wanna get as wrecked as possible and most of them abuse drugs like mdma, i think lots of people will think its safe and ok to use...

either way i agree with the science

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twelve12 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21), psychocannanaut (28-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

They will not allow anything from the blackmarket through for public consumption medical or not, free pills will just be massively abused through the NHS everyone will suddenely develope post traumatic stress just before a saturday night lol, also Take bud, many millions of people have been smoking it for generations & not a single death and yet they will not legalize for public consumption, hoping for legalization is a joke the government make more money out of keeping it illegal & the government are not gona give up one of their cashpits, they are are probably involved in the supply aswell as arresting, reclaiming, fining you for having it & resupplying what they caught you with back into the chain "welcome to the government blackmarket supply chain" even the pharma & beverage companies also pay to keep it illegal<(yep you got it more money) , they rake it in from every angle & all we do is be a good bitch & believe everything they say (who doesnt want a bitch like that) the only point that the modern british public will be heard is when we wana raise 10 downing street to the ground then the snotty little rich boys will shit it, the last ten prime ministers need their head sticking on a pike at london bridge as a warning to folks that think they can take the piss out of the british public..

Sorry lads ive got no faith in the government aswell as the strength of the british public (no backbone)

If E is actually patented when does this patent run out??? probably very soon

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Budmore For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dekay View Post
    Huh, where that come from lol??? I watched it because I have a lot of respect for the good doctor nut, I particularly like how they have made the point about street shit being unsafe because you dont know whats in it, and that taking drugs in the right environment is the way to go if you are going to do them, as well as the hint to test small amounts of a drug first, these are things that we should teach our kids not just saying dont do that and leaving them to test things blindly. The programme cant really be slammed by the fuckwits in government or the other bunch of cunts either as it is backed up by science, and this culture of its okay to kill brain cells with the government sponsored dumbing down liquid but you cant take substances that do not match the ill effects that drink has on society as a whole can be questioned . Its about time we had responsible attitude towards drugs for our kids sake and this programme wont harm any debate about the use of them, and the long denial of how bad alcohol is compared to most drugs will be seen yet that is allowed. Okay some psychopathic soldier got angry but I reckon he spends most of his time angry, and it shows that some people probably shouldnt ever do any type of drug including alcohol, as I bet hes been in a few drunken fights. I hope they do cannabis next, and yay for the good Doctor.
    No doubt alcohol will end up getting prohibitively expensive (for our own good lmao) we are in the process of been turned into good lil sheep but hats off to David Nutt its a nice dream but all extasy will be is renamed, repatented by the government & pharma companies will pay them for its use & the pharma companies will charge the earth for the product & the government will tax the shit out of it <more money

Greed is the only thing that powers change.
    Last edited by Budmore; 28-09-12 at 04:30 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Budmore For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,245 Times

i think this will make an excellent tool for PTSD. after many many years of weekend abuse i know how this stuff works and it works well.....and if you're happier than a peado in toys r us whilst you're being treated, even better!

hats off to davy nutt as he let that priestess bird see the real god and changed her life forever
    Grandad's 40 ounces the easy way(2 plants) critical & ice (aqua farm scrogging)https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tical-and-ice)
    Beginners guide to aqua/water farming with DWC upgrade https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Water-farming
    critical and white diesel rdwc https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...Diesel)/page23

FORUM RULES............ please read https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grandad For This Useful Post:

dekay (28-09-12), GEORGE (04-05-21), psychocannanaut (28-09-12), TIKTOK (28-09-12)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast