Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1st Germination

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,294 Times

Default 1st Germination

Hi guys im sure this question has been done to death but still i really need a bit of advise on how to best germinate my seeds as only buying 5 and really need 4 to pop so any advice and a list of what i need to buy once popped to get them on there way

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,985 Times

You could always look at how others do it and what they use, Welcome to see how I germinate my seeds, with a very good success rate.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...12-Bonsai-Grow

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GBK For This Useful Post:

l2ampag3 (13-10-12)

Thanks

I've used the paper towel method forever and never failed to germinate a viable seed successfully. You are asking what you need to make them grow?? All I can say is KNOWLEDGE. Read, study, listen, watch. There is TONS of growing info available on the web from videos to downloadable book torrents.

A couple of other things newbies need are patience and a basic understanding of nature. Always remember they are plants and want to grow. Nothing has killed or harmed more plants than their parents loving them too death.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to toil_in_soil For This Useful Post:

THE VISION (14-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,294 Times

lol i agree i ment things to buy before the debut to the metal halide as in the propergating stage thanx mate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by l2ampag3 View Post
    lol i agree i ment things to buy before the debut to the metal halide as in the propergating stage thanx mate
    I understand. Personally, I do not do anything special with seedlings. I put them in 4" pots under a couple of cfls (35w) and when they are 3 weeks or so and roots are coming out the drain holes I transplant to 3Gal bags. and they are ready for my HID

Keeno Guest

i personally get a glass of tap water, leave it for 24 hours (evaporates all chlorine and other shit). put seeds in and store in a dark place. leave for 24-36 hours then straight into soil. the seeds should sink after a few hours in the water if not gently tap them and try this every few hours till all have sunk.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

l2ampag3 (14-10-12)

small plantation outside kingston jamaica
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keeno View Post
    i personally get a glass of tap water, leave it for 24 hours (evaporates all chlorine and other shit). put seeds in and store in a dark place. leave for 24-36 hours then straight into soil. the seeds should sink after a few hours in the water if not gently tap them and try this every few hours till all have sunk.
    what if it doesn't sink after 12+ hours? perhaps a defect? .. my first time mine didn't even when continuously poked lol ....i put it straight in soil and its growing nice now

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

Famlay (10-01-13)

Thanks

Really Useful This Thread Thanks

Thanks

I use half a glass of distilled water at room temperature and just put it in a dark cupboard for 24 hours - [Evian Water to be specific]

If the seeds are good (dark brown, solid etc etc) then they should all sink. After 24 hours and once I see the roots are all cracking out, I transfer to paper towel soaked in PH and nutrient ready distilled water (5.5-6 pH if using hydroponics - a bit higher if using soil) for another 24 hours before moving them into rockwool cubes and into a heated propagator. I only start using tap water once germination process is near enough complete (for reasons mentioned above i.e. the chlorine in the water etc).

If your using soil, then as mentioned above, paper towel method would be fine, or even just straight planting them into the soil. My only advice about putting them straight in soil is, put the seeds on their sides. Seeds have a up and down and until you germinated them, you could be putting them upside down into the soil without thinking and just decreasing your chances of a successful germination. I hope this is helpful information.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

you only need to use a glass of water if they are old seeds, the wet soil does the same thing, let nature do its thing, the less you mess about with them the better, if you put them straight into soil then you don,t need toi stress them with change of enviroment or messing with delicate tap roots, when you need to water just sporay top of soil with water, don,t pour water in or you might wash them up

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

fivethumbsfrank (01-01-13)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast