Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety and stress

Thanks

Default Anxiety and stress

Hey guys, (My first post so be gentle lol)
    I'm a doorman in deepest darkest devon, i've spent the last three years in places where i don't have the appropriate back up, have been hospitalized once a year since i started and have Stress and anxst from it to such a degree that i'm losing my hair en masse, forever looking over my shoulder, and never leaving the house if i can help it.
    The only relief i can get from it is from weed.
    Does anyone else have severe stress and anxt problems?
    How the hell do you deal with panic attacks, i had one today and it fucking floored me.
    I refuse to take anti-depressants i'm too scared of them.
    I also can't quit the job because it's the only work i can get and i can't afford to give it up.
    eep.

Thanks

i have GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) and i am on a SSRI called citalopram (Celexa, Cipramil, Dalsan, Recital, Emocal, Sepram, Seropram, Citox) its a anti-depressent, before i started taking cita i was tense, i wouldnt get out of bed or eat i would have crazy dreams of dying and the afterlife, but now im on the thats all faded away and i have none of the problems, my doctor advised me to lower my cannabis intake aswell as it will make me more tense (he did tell me to keep taking it tho, other wise i might pushing myself over the edge)
    i saw how you was too scared to take them, which is understandable, you could take 5HTP which is a vitamin that help the brain produce more good feeling
    (The psychoactive action of 5-HTP is thought to derive from its effect on serotonin synthesis in central nervous system tissue. It is believed that an artificially high supply of 5-HTP causes the brain's serotonin-producing neurons to increase production. Increased serotonin production then leads to increased serotonin release.)
    its avalable at many herbal store, although i would advise also to lower you cannabis intake.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Hunter For This Useful Post:

ladybird (21-03-10)

Thanks

I take Citalopram too for Anxiety and depression - and personally I've found it a lifesaver. - It has helped me to regulate my eating and I never get to the almost catatonic depression state any more. - Don't mix it with 5htp though or you could end up with toxic serotonin syndrome. - Don't be afraid of the
    Anti-Ds, they may just cure you.

Thanks

I can't really use pills, I get a lot of bad side-effects. Dizziness is the worst, it makes doing anything pretty much impossible.

Big_mike, you need to find a good doctor because they'll be able to tell you loads of things that can help. I can talk to my doctor about smoking weed, and she knows I don't like pills so she finds other stuff for me. I've got to admit there isn't a lot of other treatment available though.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_mike View Post
    How the hell do you deal with panic attacks
    Look for the early warning signs and then get the fuck out of the situation before it gets bad. Sorry, can't help you much with panic attacks, I get them if I get into certain situations and I really hate it mate, it makes me feel like a fucking freak.

can't quit the job because it's the only work i can get
    What about doing some factory work or something until you get your head straight? Well, you know your situation better than me obviously, but maybe there's something...it seems like it would be worth it mate because the door work is obviously not good for you right now - don't mess around with your health, stress is deadly.

Thanks

Many thanks for all the Advice, i must admit my fear of anti-D's has stopped me from doing any research on them! All the info has been great!

As it turns out ihad an Epic breakdown over the weekend and had to pack the job in anyway.

Yeah Meddy those ideas seem the best course of action. Am trying to find an outdoorsy kinda job to mellow me out a bit.
    I'm also taking a break from smoking for a couple of weeks, gonna try and level myself out a bit.

Thanks

Good luck mate - Hope you feel better soon

Many thanks for all the Advice, i must admit my fear of anti-D's has stopped me from doing any research on them! All the info has been great!

As it turns out ihad an Epic breakdown over the weekend and had to pack the job in anyway.

Yeah Meddy those ideas seem the best course of action. Am trying to find an outdoorsy kinda job to mellow me out a bit.
    I'm also taking a break from smoking for a couple of weeks, gonna try and level myself out a bit.

Thanks

Good luck with the job hunt. I've got a couple of mates who cut down trees, it's a bit dangerous but they love working outside. I'm in IT so outdoors is just some faraway place I dream about...

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Excellent idea mate!

I worked as a doorman for 15 years (and still do occasionally if the money is right), so i know the stress you had to put up with mate!
    The Mrs always has a big fat one rolled up for the minute i walk in, as she knows that my head is all over the place after a hard night... which is nice, BUT it's sad that i *need* cannabis to be able to cope with work/life!

When we're young we smoke cannabis with our mates to get giggly, have a laugh, listen to tunes and do daft things.....when you're Thirty-something+ you tend to smoke it for completely different reasons!

I think you've quit your job at the right time Mike

Good luck finding new work mate, and take it easy!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tripples View Post
    Don't be afraid of the
    Anti-Ds, they may just cure you.
    I sure as fuckin hell know im scared of em. every anti-depressant ive ever been on made me go insane. Wellbutrin made me completely lose my shit. Cannabis is the only cure for me
    When I look back and think,
    When i ponder and ask "why?",
    I see my ancestors spend with careless abandon,
    Assuming eternal supply.

Modern man, evolutionary betrayer. Modern man, ecosystem destroyer. Modern man, destroy yourself in shame. Modern man, pathetic example of earth's organic heritage. Just a sample of carbon-based wastage. Just a fucking tragic epic of you and I!

My Ultra Stealth Micro Grow: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ead.php?t=7248

Thanks

I get anxiety/panic attacks and smoke weed, some types of weed actually help me out, but some dont at all!
    I'd agree with the comment above about recognizing the symptoms of an attack and getting out of the situation, thats something I've learnt too! hope your next job is one with low stress dude

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast