Thread: Seedling directly into perlite?:help:

Thanks

Default Seedling directly into perlite?:help:

Is it safe for me to put my seedlings directly into perlite without rockwool or a jiffy pellets or some other more dense medium????

Everything I say/type should be accepted as pure fiction. Any statements, suggestions, advice, pictures or help posted by me should not be taken seriously. I do not condone illegal activities, nor do I participate in illegal acts. All pictures posted by me are found easily on the world wide web. All commentary by me should be accepted as hypothetical discussions and have no basis of fact.

Ms Pacman Champion!
    Thanks

Id advise using a mix of the perlite and something denser in jiffy pellets.

When they are establishing themselves early on they will collapse from wind and water if the roots have nothing to hang on to.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hungry For This Useful Post:

Dabber (24-10-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hungry View Post
    Id advise using a mix of the perlite and something denser in jiffy pellets.

When they are establishing themselves early on they will collapse from wind and water if the roots have nothing to hang on to.
    there gonna be inside and thats what i was thinking but im gonna try planting directly into it, its only bag seed so no big loss
    thanks for the advice tho

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

you can but sometimes it can be a little difficult if you water it because it can get lost inside the perlite..Just sprinkle the water not pour..I mean use a sprayer/mister or some kind.And be careful not to over water the young seedling because once the roots are a little older you will need to feed it and many over feed tiny shoots and burn the seedling and this can cause the seedling to grow very very slowly

Looking for New Pastures

6. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

Dabber (25-10-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by up2nogood View Post
    you can but sometimes it can be a little difficult if you water it because it can get lost inside the perlite..Just sprinkle the water not pour..I mean use a sprayer/mister or some kind.And be careful not to over water the young seedling because once the roots are a little older you will need to feed it and many over feed tiny shoots and burn the seedling and this can cause the seedling to grow very very slowly
    Thanks Up2 living up to the Super Cool Moderator name.