Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: trying to make a difference.. stoners.. brothers.. please help me.

Thanks

Default trying to make a difference.. stoners.. brothers.. please help me.

If you want.. Link removed , read the post.. share on Facebook and twitter with your friends.

After making this thread before and receiving some hateful remarks i feel i should tell you.. If your going to say something hateful like calling me mental or a liar or anything similar, don't waste your time, because you don't know what Ive been through but i can promise you, your comments do not bother me at all.
    If you are going to say something like "it is harmful" or "smoking is bad for you obviously" read the post from start to finish before saying anything.

"Smoking is bad, i cant dispute that, but smoking is already legal.. weed alone is in no way harmful to your lungs and with the right amount of moderation to fit your lifestyle it is completely harmless. "
    -anonymous249
    "Obviously people with mental health issues and people who have a bad reaction to it shouldn't smoke it but that doesn't mean the people who react perfectly fine to it should suffer"
    -anonymous249
    "if you put a pure home-grown bud of weed into a vaporizer or water bong etc by itself there is absolutely nothing toxic or dangerous entering your body"
    -anonymous249

If you are wondering why i took a few quotes from the blog, it is because if people do not read it and still feel like saying something to discredit the writer of the blog they should then first disprove them 3 quotes.

Thanks for reading.
    Happy Smoking.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 23-11-12 at 05:43 AM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,522 Times

It's your first post isn't it ?

Who's called you mental and a liar ?

Seems to me ya trying to convert the converted mate.

Thanks

I made a similar post on a different website and had a person say that the moderators should ban me because i am an insane nutcase mental hospital escapee.
    Honestly mate i am just trying to advertise my website, it really bothers me that there are a lot of people who still give into propaganda.
    Either way the last thing i want is to force people to read my blog, im trying to convert the unconverted, maybe it may not make sense to do that on a forum for people who get high, but i figure this is the place where people will care.. possibly even enough to share it on face book etc.. and then hopefully at least 1 person who is totally against weed can be converted.
    I realize it is a very naive idea but you never know unless you try - you know?

Hillbilly Guest

Welcome to THC But posting your link with out the Owner isn't allowed, so I will just remove the link. Till you get an ok or not.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous249 View Post
    "Smoking is bad, i cant dispute that, but smoking is already legal.. weed alone is in no way harmful to your lungs and with the right amount of moderation to fit your lifestyle it is completely harmless. "
    -anonymous249
    "Obviously people with mental health issues and people who have a bad reaction to it shouldn't smoke it but that doesn't mean the people who react perfectly fine to it should suffer"
    -anonymous249
    "if you put a pure home-grown bud of weed into a vaporizer or water bong etc by itself there is absolutely nothing toxic or dangerous entering your body"
    -anonymous249

If you are wondering why i took a few quotes from the blog, it is because if people do not read it and still feel like saying something to discredit the writer of the blog they should then first disprove them 3 quotes.
    No. This is called shifting the burden of proof.

You are the one who makes the claims, so the onus is upon you to prove them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

Con (21-12-12)

Thanks

I made the post in about an hour bud, i am tired, Ive had a long day, i have smoked a fair bit today as well.
    I know i should backup my claims with solid proof but that would take a bit more effort than i am willing to offer right now.. i understand your point about shifting the burden of proof and i fully intend to put a lot more work into the blog when i feel up to it, but for now i don't really see how it matters, if the people who are trying to keep it illegal can fabricate whatever lies they want without needing solid evidence for people to believe it.. then why cant i? I am also rather sure that basically everything i have said can be proven, i can admit that i may have tried to oversell it a bit but as i said, tired, high.. i am not really too fussed.
    Anyway this is a THC forum, i don't understand why anybody on this forum would want to poke holes in a blog which is trying to bring more people over to our team.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

I should probably have said that that I'm not expressing an opinion about the claims themselves, just the way that they are presented as established facts to be disproved. I certainly agree with the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous249 View Post
    if the people who are trying to keep it illegal can fabricate whatever lies they want without needing solid evidence for people to believe it.. then why cant i?
    Because then we are no better than them.

I think that we do have a solid case for legalisation for personal use and that there's no need for fabrication, and that embellishment of the truth isn't useful to anyone. We should probably accept that there may in fact be some downsides to cannabis use, rather than painting it as some wonder substance with no ill effects whatsoever.

There may not be any ill effects of course, but to claim so definitively without being able to back it up is I think disingenuous and won't be beneficial in the long run.

I should also probably say that I'm very pro-legalisation (of all things) and I definitely don't need convincing of that. But I'm very sceptical of some of the unproven and unsupported claims I see being made as arguments for that legalisation. I'm pretty sure they don't help anybody.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

nevertoohigh (23-11-12)

Thanks

I understand.
    I agree it makes us no better than them, but that does not bother me, i would prefer weed to be legal rather than being able to say i am better than them..
    I see how i did make it sound quite definitive.. but my main reason for doing so is too help persuade some of the more anti-weed people out there.
    If they can say "Cannabis ruins your life" so definitively without giving proof or taking into account the dozens of other factors that could lead to it ruining somebody's life then what i have done isn't any worse.
    I do also agree that it is not the most wonderful thing that has no problems with it, but understanding the problems and learning to deal with them in your own way is a simple way to get over the majority of the problems.
    For example: if you get paranoid.. smoke it around friends more, try to socialize while you are high, i have also heard exercising releases a chemical that can play a role in reducing paranoia (may not be true).
    Anyway that was just an example, i am sure there are quite a few flaws to my blog and my way of advertising it but that doesn't change the fact that it has almost 100 views in about 8 hours or so.. and surely i haven't said anything that is a complete lie? because honestly, if i have, i am more than happy to remove it from the post.

Just as an FYI i don't claim to be a genius, i just want to try and inform some of the people who are completely oblivious to the good side of cannabis... is that so bad?
    In the end.. can my blog really do any more harm than good?
    If it was to be shared enough and was to get enough views etc and could inform enough of the completely ignorant people then maybe.. just maybe.. even if its a 0.0001% chance, it could help in the struggle to get it legalized.. maybe it could help convince some of the more stubborn government officials who decide the laws?
    I know i don't know much about how it all works but you cant tell me there isn't at least the smallest possible chance that if my blog got enough views it could make at least the slightest bit of difference?

Thanks

I have just added another paragraph since you did have a point: "I do not claim that this is 100% true however i can say without a doubt that for almost everything that i have said, you would be able to research and find proof which backs up my claims. However, in the case that i have fabricated even in the slightest, i would like to point out that the vast majority of good things on this planet come with bad things as well, it is our own personal choice whether to take the risk or not."

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,522 Times

Has she boggled ya head mate lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast