Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tinternet Security when browsing cannabis growing related pages

Thanks

Default Tinternet Security when browsing cannabis growing related pages

Does anyone else have paranoia regarding there privacy and security when browsing cannabis related stuff ?

I browse all things to do with growing via a VPN so essentially im anonymous on the net and noone can see what im up to.

IF like me you are paranoid about big brother watching your surfing habits get yourself a VPN (Virtual Private Network) everything you do on the web is logged or otherwise open for scrutiny unless you know what youre doing but its really rather simple to hide your activities online.

I use CyberGhost VPN it basically encrypts all requests to and from a webage and hides your IP address from prying eyes even my internet provider doesnt know what im up to when im on the net behind the VPN because its encrypted behind a unique 128bit encryption key which is different every time you connect with it.

According to my ip address im from germany one day the us another the netherlands you name it ...... and for all the authorities know i could be browsing for teletubbies.

find it download it install it run it and off you go.

Just thought i would share this with everyone

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sorcy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-19)

Thanks

Any proxy will be enough to 'hide' from normal internet users. But to be fair, if the authorities wanna find out who/where you are, they have people who can easily bypass that. So just be warned, or better still, stop being para and look at whatever you want on the internet

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SCHIZOPHRENIC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-19)

jimmi420 Guest

I use a few vpn and also use ghostery that blocks all tracking cookies, another free vpn thats cool here https://rapidshare.com/#!download|74...er.rar|473|0|0
    Last edited by M_C; 24-10-15 at 12:31 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

ado (22-01-13), Amber Reef (22-01-13), purplekush (02-12-12)

Thanks

hmm if the authorities could do that so easily schizo the hacker group anonymous would all be in jail lol 128bit encryption is pretty secure and from what i can gather AES 128bit encryption is used by the us government for data up to and including "secret" classification whereas non encrypted data would be an easy target for law enforcement the resources needed to crack AES 128 would be prohibitive and would they really bother with a home user growing a few girls for personal use which i think is the key point I dont know if my provider analyses my traffic and see im looking at loads of growing related stuff and pass this on to local law enforcement but if im encrypted they dont know so have nothing to tell if that makes sense im not so much paranoid just cautious and on a final note does anyone really know which if any website relating to growing is actually run by the cops ??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sorcy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-19)

Thanks

It'd be a dumb way to try and catch growers by setting up a grow-site teaching them how to grow or supplying growing materials.

Oh, so yea, probably some cop somewhere is doing it, lol.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lauralou For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-19), LittleWert (21-03-14)

Icon Guest

Theres loads of sites far more blatant then this and I have never heard of a site where someone has clearly been busted from it.

Also Rags has a press addition where any cannabis related press releases are auto posted and nothing has ever been on those that I know of so yea take your precautions but dont worry too much

I also like the swarm survival method where there are so many of us that the chances are minuscule I know it doesnt help if its you but the more there are, the less chance of it being you is definitely relevant.

ATB
    Icon

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

ado (22-01-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Icon View Post
    I also like the swarm survival method
    This is very important, and is a good reason to use a VPN or proxy that provides a shared IP address rather than a private or dedicated one. It's much easier to get lost in the crowd that way.

Sorcy, the simplest and cheapest way of posting safely is to use the Tor Browser Bundle, but I wouldn't worry to much when just surfing or reading stuff.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-19), Petal (11-01-13), Rory Breaker (22-01-13), tlh2496 (16-03-14)

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jimmi420 View Post
    I use a few vpn and also use ghostery http://www.ghostery.com/ that blocks all tracking cookies, another free vpn thats cool here https://rapidshare.com/#!download|74...er.rar|473|0|0
    Download not available
    File owner's public traffic exhausted.

Looking for New Pastures

16. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-19)

Thanks

Is there a VPN available for use with the iPhone by any chance?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazydaze For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Crazydaze View Post
    Is there a VPN available for use with the iPhone by any chance?
    VPN support is built-in to iOS in the same (or similar) way that it's built into Windows: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1424

But there's also a GUI app that allows use of the OpenVPN protocol (which is one of the best and most popular protocols): http://www.guizmovpn.com/

In either case you'll need a provider who supports either the protocols built in to iOS, or who uses OpenVPN and will supply the configuration files and certificates (any of them should do).

There's also a Mac client available for OpenVPN users — Tunnelblick.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

Crazydaze (02-12-12), GEORGE (19-03-19), Sorcy (03-12-12)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast