Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 pot RDWC diy system

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,405 Times

Default 6 pot RDWC diy system

Hi all,

Thought id take the liberty of creating the first post in this part of the hydro section.

I have built a diy recirculating deep water culture setup which has 6 x containers for plants and 1 x controller pot which for those that dont know is used to monitor the water and to be a central place to adjust/add water to the system. I would like to say thanks to Green Giant, Van bobble, high flyer for all there help and contributions.

I have just finished building the system and tested it for the first time yesterday all was good no leaks. One of the tank connectors will need taking off and sealing as theres a tiny drip that builds up if i move the pipe slightly but otherwise all good. Ihavnt got a chiller at the minute but i dont think ill need one till weather warms up. Oly thing left to do now is to insulate each pot and the pipes to stop the water getting too warm.

Ive got a few plants which are just revegging after going into flower due to the winter months closing in. I didnt have a place to grow them so had to keep them by the window for a god few weeks so thats why they flowered. They have pretty much snapped out of it but its taken ages to reveg them. So ishall be taking cuttings very soon.

Here is a lowdown of the setup:

Room size: 3.7m x 2m x 2.2m high

Lights: 2x 600w gavita pro 400v hps running the phillips 400v bulb.
    1x 600w dual spec bulb and standard 600w transformer

Extract: extraction= 8" RVK fan with rhino pro filter
    Incoming= 4" ruck

7x 64litre boxes connected through with 40mm flowplas pipe at low level for circulating the water. And 22mm overflow pipe connected to 3000lph pump at high level (just above the height of bottom of netpots)which then T's off into two pipes one for each row of pots. So the 22mm overflow pipe runs straight through a row of 3 pots its 3m long is the pipe. I capped the end off each pipe and drilled 3x 4mm holes in the pipe within each pot this creates 3 jets of water which spray into thepots creating Dissolved oxygen in the water.

Plant strains:

Ok i have two sour kush plants from reserva privida seeds as mentioned above just coming out of flowering and back to veg.

And there is one lemon skunk DNA seeds.

With this particular setup i have built its not ideal for running different strains as the resivour feeds all the pots so no chance off adjusting for the different nutritional requirements of each individual strain. So guys what do you think shall i run the two different strains anyway or just run one of them. If just one which one would you guys recommend i go with.

Ill go and take some pictures and ill post them up shortly.

Piece

HERB IS A PLANT!

Heres my grow diary:
    RDWC - 6 PLANT - RQS CRITICAL BY FSM

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...t-acclaim-rdwc

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FunkySkunkyMonkey For This Useful Post:

green grass (02-01-13), greenknight84 (22-04-13), Hannibal (06-12-12), Lab Rat (09-12-12), Mr Pothead (06-12-12)

Thanks

resiviour

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FunkySkunkyMonkey For This Useful Post:

babybud3232 (06-12-12), green grass (16-01-13), greenknight84 (22-04-13), K.D.R.G.M. (06-12-12), lousizzle (03-01-15), up2nogood (06-12-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,996 Times

Looks good so far mate, i would like to see the flow in the pots furthest away from the res, as I think it may want a bit of tweaking yet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannibal For This Useful Post:

FunkySkunkyMonkey (06-12-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times

nice set up FunkySkunkyMonkey good luck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babybud3232 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cheers for popping in and taking a look guys!

Nice one babybud!

Greengiant- ill get a picture up tmrw ofthe furthest pot for ya it is a bit less bubbley but the pump is set too max so im not sure what ideas you have :-)

Also god darned floor is so unlevel its an absolute nightmare! Have drained all the water out and ive cut some 2" foam which is the same size as the base of the pots, this is to keep the noise down i can faintly hear the hum ofthe pump otherwise. But trying to level it off using off cuts of ply wood is just not working and it look fucking messy too. I might have to build a proper frame out of 2x2 wood for them to sit on it will be easier to level the frame id imagine. Its like the middle off the room is highest and both ends are lower than the middlebut its also slighty sloped on the other axis. Nightmare.

Also gg how in the hell do i go about insulating the pots with all the tank connectors already in the pots. Did you find an easy solution for this at all?

Piece

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkySkunkyMonkey For This Useful Post:

up2nogood (09-12-12)

Thanks

GG just to clarify ive bought the 4mm foil insulation rolls from b&q.

Thanks

yer should be ok i think Vanbobble uses something similar but he does use a chiller too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannibal For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Get it all level and then, show me some pictures of the pots starting furthest away. We can tweak the flow quite easily with a bit of thought. I haven't had a problem with insulation, my system is full enclosed now. I dont have any heat issues. in fact I heat my system. I like the idea of the insulation under your pots it will reduce noise, your main feed pipe maye be better cut above the pump and a peice of rubber hose fitted. this will stop the vibration of the pump passing you the pots.

Thanks

HI GG thankyou thats an awesome idea putting a bit of rubber hose between pump and pipe. Exellent i had it running last night and i could hear a faint humming very faint but im paranoid that the neighbours will hear it as they have a loft conversion next door. The pump seems to reverberate creating a bass like hum. Its much much better with the insulation underneath it. Ive levelled the pots as best i can with bits of ply, its not perfectly level but they are not far off. I have just taken some pics ill upload them now.

Thanks

pots at the end of thge system

17. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkySkunkyMonkey For This Useful Post:

up2nogood (09-12-12)

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast