2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nephilim For This Useful Post:

Adambomb (29-01-14), BabyBud (15-04-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Looking VERY nice!

I've been looking at Nirvana's Superskunk recently......how's it smoke mate?

paul333 Guest

Lovely pics mate.

Thanks

Tay, that's an early taster, still a lot of clear trichs, the rest is looking decidedly more gritty lol

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    Looking VERY nice!

I've been looking at Nirvana's Superskunk recently......how's it smoke mate?
    Well it's an F2 and the strength/frost is very variable between phenos with a fair few mediocre one that don't live up to the name strength wise, though they are all pretty uniform in structure and growth. They are quite mild tasting slight sweet skunky taste, the keeper pheno has a deliciously sweet bubblegum/skunky smell and sweet taste, benefits a lot from a slow dry and careful cure to make the most of it. The stretch in 12/12 quite shocking, one to top, the stretch fills out with slender towering easy trim colas though so it's not wasted stretch, surprisingly good yield. It's one of the Nirvana ones that are mediocre but you will get the odd keeper pheno that does live up to the name. Their K2 on the other hand is very stable and uniform, works great (big yield of chunky large frosted buds) with jungle of green, and scrog I would imagine and is no slouch in strength at all. I would say K2 would be a far safer bet to be honest, one to try

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul333 View Post
    Lovely pics mate.
    A nice subject, an LED torch and a carefully selected £50 camera is all Some good photo tips here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post

Well it's an F2 and the strength/frost is very variable between phenos with a fair few mediocre one that don't live up to the name strength wise, though they are all pretty uniform in structure and growth. They are quite mild tasting slight sweet skunky taste, the keeper pheno has a deliciously sweet bubblegum/skunky smell and sweet taste, benefits a lot from a slow dry and careful cure to make the most of it. The stretch in 12/12 quite shocking, one to top, the stretch fills out with slender towering easy trim colas though so it's not wasted stretch, surprisingly good yield. It's one of the Nirvana ones that are mediocre but you will get the odd keeper pheno that does live up to the name. Their K2 on the other hand is very stable and uniform, works great (big yield of chunky large frosted buds) with jungle of green, and scrog I would imagine and is no slouch in strength at all. I would say K2 would be a far safer bet to be honest, one to try
    Ah that's a shame, i was hoping Nirvana's description...."Super Skunk is a successful attempt to beef up the famous Skunk #1. This strain is one of the first to match the potency of the powerful import hashish in coffeeshops.".... was accurate as i'm a bit of a Skunk lover at heart.
    Again it goes to show that you can't take what the breeders say too seriously in their reviews... i had the same situation recently with Bubblicious, the review made it sound sweet, colourful and strong...in reality it was very mediocre at best!

I'll look into K2, I hear it's very popular in Holland and is one of the top sellers in the shops! - gotta be worth a try!
    Last edited by Grub; 09-03-09 at 07:28 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    Ah that's a shame, i was hoping Nirvana's description...."Super Skunk is a successful attempt to beef up the famous Skunk #1. This strain is one of the first to match the potency of the powerful import hashish in coffeeshops.".... was accurate as i'm a bit of a Skunk lover at heart.
    Again it goes to show that you can't take what the breeders say too seriously in their reviews... i had the same situation recently with Bubblicious, the review made it sound sweet, colourful and strong...in reality it was very mediocre at best!

I'll look into K2, I hear it's very popular in Holland and is one of the top sellers in the shops! - gotta be worth a try!
    Yeah some descriptions are very eloquent and elaborate lol. Strangely 2 of the nicest strains I have tried have some of the least inspiring breeder descriptions and plain, easily overlooked names, Nirvanas Misty (though they have since added more info) and their K2.

Edit: For the closest to genuine SuperSkunk I think you need to look in Sensi Seeds direction
    Last edited by Nephilim; 09-03-09 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    Yeah some descriptions are very eloquent and elaborate lol. Strangely 2 of the nicest strains I have tried have some of the least inspiring breeder descriptions and plain, easily overlooked names, Nirvanas Misty (though they have since added more info) and their K2.

Edit: For the closest to genuine SuperSkunk I think you need to look in Sensi Seeds direction
    Yes mate i like Sensi Seeds, i just don't like their prices! lol - How they can charge £90 for 10 Northern Light's seeds when pretty much every other seed bank sells em for £20 is beyond belief! - I'm willing to wager that NL is not their best seller by a long shot!
    Last edited by Grub; 10-03-09 at 03:15 PM.

Thanks

that does look nice i was lucky enough to have some k2 off a friend recently very well grown,dried and cured was a really nice smoke and long lasting stone
    deff on my to grow list

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast