Thread: Help.. (phone related)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Default Help.. (phone related)

Hate to post a 'help my solve my problems' thread, but i'm starting to get annoyed at this..

I've got a nice new shiny Sony Ericsson C905 which is awesome. My old phone is a SE k810i, which is great, but here's my problem..

My keyboard on myo ld phone is fucked. The 8, 9 and 3 keys wont work and unfortunately, the 8's in my phone's lock code, so I can't turn the thing on.. Next annoying thing, all my contacts and stuff are stored on the phone, not my sim..

Basically, I want my contacts from my old phone on to my new, but I can't copy contacts without being past the pin code screen thing(to my knowledge) and it's driving me mental.. having no contacts is actually worse than i thought it would be! that means no dealers! Well, few..

Anyone have any ideas as to how i'd manage that? Super awesome mega kudos to anyone with any advice

Cheers!

Rolio Guest

If its a sony ericsson you should be able to use a usb adapter and connect it to your pc using a data manager from their website.

paul333 Guest

Take it into a phone shop?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Rolio View Post
    If its a sony ericsson you should be able to use a usb adapter and connect it to your pc using a data manager from their website.
    That's what i'm trying.. it's just I think you need to be past the pin code bit for it to be able to find contacts, etc

Would take it to a phone shop normally, but there's some texts and info i'd rather nobody else had, and I don't trust half the places here..

Surely there's some sort of way to view the phone's system files like contacts etc? thatd be handy. meh.

Thanks

mabye you could go ebay and look for a new number pad or somshit, then you would have to look into how to install it properly, seems like a bit of a hassle but yakno, doy areally need those numbers?!

Thanks

if the keypad is screwed, take it off and use a toothpick or pen to push the little buttons underneath. (that the keypad would usually activate)
    Should work..............i hope!!!!
    My name is Michael Caine, and I, am a pirate killer.

X_Hoody-Frankz_X Guest

yeah man, I had a nokia that I droped in water by accident, your problem with the key pad is 1 of 2 things, either the rubber depressors are worn away and not making contact with the terminal, or there is corrosion on the terminal.... If you manage to get the face off and removed the plastic keys you could use any depressor from the rubber underpad to press your buttons if it is worn... If it's corrodid or has shit covering the terminal (like mine) you can scrap the shit off and put the pad back on and it will work fine.... Since the phone is going to be toss's anyways I imagine this is your best bet...

Pretty sure the only other way to protect yourself is to hard reset the phone... I don't know of any software that will allow you past the bio's password.

Sorry bro

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cones247 View Post
    if the keypad is screwed, take it off and use a toothpick or pen to push the little buttons underneath. (that the keypad would usually activate)
    Should work..............i hope!!!!
    I was gonna say that but if not i believe they can reset the codes etc with your IMEI number.
    Whether this will reset your whole phone though im not sure but im sure the phones manufacturer could tell you