Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guide for anonymous and secure internet usage.

Thanks

i killed my pc a while back it was windows a friend fixed it for me, now its running using ubuntu? could i still do it using ubuntu?

Doubie Guest

Niiiiice post Dank! Did you write all that?! Qudos to you fella

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,001 Times

Default Guide for anonymous and secure internet usage.

Ubuntu is what would be setup in the virtual machine.

For this guide to work you really wana start from scratch which means formatting the whole computer to be sure there is no sensitive data left somewhere

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dank For This Useful Post:

Amber Reef (21-01-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Moved to the security section for you Dank.

be careful on the dark side though peeps, it's not for everyone

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

dank (21-01-13), FoxyLady (21-01-13)

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

right,think I may have 10 hours spare to read it all

Looking for New Pastures

8. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

Amber Reef (21-01-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,399 Times

subbed.. coming back to this ... cheers dank
    current grow - a quick run of Power Plant in mapito by Rory B

"How is it that your fucking stupid soon-to-be-dead friends thought they might be able to steal my cannabis and then sell it back to me? Is this a declaration of war? Is this some white cunt's joke that black cunts don't get? 'Cause Im not fucking laughing Ni-ko-las!"

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,053 Times

Default Guide for anonymous and secure internet usage.

Good work on the guide. I haven't read through it just had a quick read.
    Don't know if you mentioned already but it's worth pointing out that tor networks are slower than using your normal browser but if its security your after then it's the way to go and you'll just have to live with it.
    Instead of going direct to the website tor directs you around a load of servers then the 2 clients meet in the middle so it will take time.
    Tor is a very useful tool to have on your computer but it is also very dangerous because it is not governed by the normal Internet search engines i.e. google and you are exposing yourself to a hackers playground, just make sure you have antivirus and firewall activated and keep your computer up to date

Another option if you don't want to go through the hassle of installing software is to use a proxy server. Just google it there are loads if free online services that you can use.
    Another option again is to use Firefox, you can use plugins that spoof your IP address and browser. Not as safe as tor or proxy but it's better than just using google chrome or IE

Icon Guest

I should warn you using Tor is slower then using a 14,400 dial up connection, and its like pulling your own teeth out to use.
    Theres easier ways to adopt a reasonable level of security and if someone really wants to get you then nothing is secure.
    Of course theres not many people going to attract the boffins at MI5 but theres usually a way to break every level of security. I believe Tor its self was designed by the US navy and then rejected due to a number of security issues.

Personally for a percy grow at home it really is not worth getting involved with Tor unless you want to get involved with other aspects of the deep web

Using a Proxy or VPN is more then enough to deter most hackers.

Dont let me put you off making sure you are secure because it is extremely important and more so to some then others.

Also when you are using Tor you can be hacked by the creme de'la creme of the hacking world because thats where they hang out and they can gain access to your webcam so make sure thats covered up whilst you are online just in case.

Believing you are invincible to hackers is the first mistake you make when dealing with security FWIW, its like a red rag to a bull telling a hacker that a system is secure!

ATB
    Icon

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Amber Reef (21-01-13), denots (21-01-13)

jimmi420 Guest

Nice...........

Thanks

Excellent guide but why no mention of TOR button?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast