Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: venting outtake air

Thanks

Default venting outtake air

hi guys iv read through alot of the security stickies but i didnt find a direct answer to a dilema that i keep having in me head!!!
    if there is already a good sticky for this then please post a link underneath for me!

rite i wanted to no what method of venting ur exhaust air you guys are using??
    for example i bring in my intake from a large air brick which has a 200mm intake fan mounted to the air brick, this also has a wooden bracket screwed into the wall around the airbrick.

outtake 250mm fan connected to carb filter is mounted to a wooden bracket and blows into the loft, thus my hot air travls out of the groom into the loft above.

does anyone have a different way of extracting there heat?? into floor boards etc?????

please feel free to explain ur favourite method or what any one feels is the safest method

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ado For This Useful Post:

Blueyedboy (22-11-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

i think if done into floorboards could cause damp i think fella some one will be here soon

Thanks

I have mine venting in to another room. Helps keep the house warm.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,807 Times

Default Re: venting outtake air

Have mine venting in out the same room, its shit at the mo,
    Old set up I vented in from the room the tent in with a wimdow open all time then the same as you- out to the loft,

Going attick next was thinking venting out down to the house (bedroom)
    And in from top of loft :thumbup:
    Hoping it works, wanted to knock a brick out the chimley breast in the attick to vent out like some on here,

But not the first clue how to knock a brick out? thinking just hit with a hammer......sledge hammer.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ium-1xCritical

Thanks

im trying to figure out if it would be possible to extract into the actual toilet, or into the foul drain somehow

Thanks

i vent my 12" ducting into the loft then split it into 2 6" ducts, one into each chimney stacks in the loft space. The theory being it should just look like hot air from the two fireplaces in the house.

Thanks

Beware humidity. As the plants grow they transpire (breathe out) more and more water. My first attempt was a wee wardrobe grow in my bedroom when I was a student. Had to stop after one because the place was running with damp by the end of it and even with a carbon filter there was still a smell. If I were you I'd try to route it out a drain or chimney. Loft might be an option if it's well vented, but you don't want a lot of condensation up there. Mould and damp are a bitch. Best of luck mate!

Thanks

Careful of condensation in the attic!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ado View Post
    im trying to figure out if it would be possible to extract into the actual toilet, or into the foul drain somehow
    Hi,

I've thought about that. Not sure it would work. It might if it was higher than the lowest trap.

I'd love to hear of someone with a better idea?

FTD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ado View Post
    If you can run the ducting outside, connect it to the soil stack ( stink pipe ) that is ideal! The stack is above gutter level so the foul air blows away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast