Thread: x stream question

Thanks

Default x stream question

hi folks wonder if someone could give me a bit advice.
    ive grown for a number of years now,and i first started of with hydroponics,but changed to bio bizz after a couple year.and for past ten year have done so,with ood results,anyway i now want to do areoponics.so i bought an amazon systemand the xstream 20 propagator.
    now my question is.ive started my seeds and the tap roots are shown,so im gouing to put them in a root riot cube,and into a fab four heated propagator,until the first sign of roots appear then into the xstream.is this the way to do it? and i bought the canna range nutes,i got the canna start for cuttings and seedlings.like i said io havent grown in hydro for years and tbh maybe i jumped the gun but i spent a grand on this areo system,thats everything btw combi metre tent 400 watt dimmable lumatek etc.im also not that clued up on ec levels is there a schedule for that on here that i can refresh my memory to what the levels and reading should be.any help would be gratefully appreciated

Talpa Guest

Dude I would get out to the novice section just to catch up and refresh.

EC Feed wise incase you can't find it. Cuttings .5-.8 EC excluding background EC Young Seedlings .8 - 1 Veg plants 1 - 1.2 Flowering 1.2 - 1.8. But look to see what the plants are telling you.

Best to start in the prop with cuttings.

Thanks

thanks im new so never knew about novice section thanks.here thats what i dont get,if you out a cutting in the xstream do you have it spraying solution on them when they havent even rooted yet?i cant get my head rounnd that one.im old school you didnt do anything with them till the roots showed lol well thats what i was taught and it always worked.

Talpa Guest

No you don't need a dome and you don't need to spray them. The air and water mix in the res supplies everything. Saying that I think the X stream does have a lid.

Yes I know odd, I had to get my head around it as well.

The idea of them sitting in the x stream like they do is to have the spray underneath and this does it all. Then when the roots have grown put them in your main unit.

Thanks

cheers mate,appreciated.well my order is coming today so i will have ten boxes to look throiugh and read lol the delivery guys gonna love me hahah and its snowing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Talpa View Post
    No you don't need a dome and you don't need to spray them. The air and water mix in the res supplies everything. Saying that I think the X stream does have a lid.

Yes I know odd, I had to get my head around it as well.

The idea of them sitting in the x stream like they do is to have the spray underneath and this does it all. Then when the roots have grown put them in your main unit.
    hey mate ive put the seeds in the root riot cubes and then into the wee net pots for the x stream,however the pots for the xstream are to small to fit in the main amzon.but i do have the right pots;they fit in to the other pots would that be ok.or shall i tease the roots out nd put them in the bigger nets with clay pebbles?also i have canna start nutes for seedlings and cuttings.should i make that full strength or slighter weaker?and do you mix it up and leave it for a while.

Thanks

Hi m8 welcome to the site sorry never saw your post till today.Check my diary I am almost completed my first grow in a similar set up to you, Tho I am using differnt nutes good luck and feel free to ask anytime u need help.my Diary is in my signature below this
    Quote Originally Posted by boydamien View Post
    hi folks wonder if someone could give me a bit advice.
    ive grown for a number of years now,and i first started of with hydroponics,but changed to bio bizz after a couple year.and for past ten year have done so,with ood results,anyway i now want to do areoponics.so i bought an amazon systemand the xstream 20 propagator.
    now my question is.ive started my seeds and the tap roots are shown,so im gouing to put them in a root riot cube,and into a fab four heated propagator,until the first sign of roots appear then into the xstream.is this the way to do it? and i bought the canna range nutes,i got the canna start for cuttings and seedlings.like i said io havent grown in hydro for years and tbh maybe i jumped the gun but i spent a grand on this areo system,thats everything btw combi metre tent 400 watt dimmable lumatek etc.im also not that clued up on ec levels is there a schedule for that on here that i can refresh my memory to what the levels and reading should be.any help would be gratefully appreciated

My first attempt at AEROPONICS (barneys farms LSD grown in an AMAZON system) https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...try-AEROPONICS

Anything i post on here (advice, pictures and text) are merely hypothetical and should not be taken seriously. I do not condone nor take part in any illegal activities or connected with the cultivation or trade of marijuana. Nobody should listen to anything i post on this forum.

Thanks

your god send zen thjank you so much mate.my seeds re sprouting thru nd dint know the best thing to do.ill go read your diary right now.

Thanks

damn i just spent time writing a very detailed pm to you and i find i cant pm you until ive posted 50 times lol not bitching admin btw lol i understand why thats in place ,just rather annoying haha

Thanks

Im often to be found in the chatroom m8