Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for anyone considering LED

Thanks

I am not slating LEDs from China, just haven't found any that are as good as a 600w sodium. They claim to be as good, but never have turned out to be.
    We have had so many demo or samples of LEDs that never worked. Great for side lighting lol
    As a shop, we get so many LEDs to test, not one was as a good as a 600w sodium. Only the Crop Lamp we think.
    We had the prototype in a about a year ago, that never work that well.
    The spectrums of the CROP LAMP come in two different spectrums, red and a mix of blue and red. The tri (blue and red) have done better than the red ones.
    I will find more information about them.
    We get so many products that claim to do wonders, there are only a had full that do wonders.
    We have never sold any LEDs due to them not working as well as a 600w sodium.
    The crop lamp is still over priced as a sodium replacement.
    The single 150w LED panel/unit is the one to watch out for, and thats out by the end of this month. SHOULD be more value for the money.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to coalmonkey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-20)

Thanks

AS for the person that mailed me, i can't mail back due to not having enough posts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to coalmonkey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coalmonkey View Post
    The single 150w LED panel/unit is the one to watch out for, and thats out by the end of this month. SHOULD be more value for the money.
    What are the cost of these panels?
    I am a mole and I live in a hole!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to themole For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-20)

Thanks

Not too sure yet, 150w should be around about £400-£450 mark. Think more of the £400 area.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coalmonkey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-20), themole (14-06-13)

Thanks

And what sort of area would this be ok for maybe in a tent?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to themole For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,779 Times

Quote Originally Posted by themole View Post
    And what sort of area would this be ok for maybe in a tent?
    About 50x50cm... ie, not very big! Put it like this, I use a 200w panel in a 60x60x120cm tent.

That crop lamp uses 150 degree lenses. The lens focuses the diode and gives you an indication of the penetrative power of the panel. A 150 degree lens will give you nice broad coverage but not much depth penetration (most panels use 120 or 90 degree lenses). A 150 degree lens would be fine if the diodes were more powerful but the diodes in the crop lamp are 2w (technically they'll be 3w, but a 3w diode draws on average 2w). You would need to keep the panel very close to ure canopy and scrog to get the most benefit from it as it likely won't have great penetration.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Phineasfreek For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-20)

Thanks

In our Demo room, we have 4 of the 30w Amateur Gardener Crop Lamps in a 1.2m 1.2m Roof Qube. We have made a little wooded frame and screwed the lamps into the wood. We lift them up and down with two rope ratchets.
    I would have 6 rather than 4 tho.
    We have 8 chill plants in 8 15Lt air pots with a RTA brain taking out the waste.

Not a 100% on the new 150W unit. Until i see it in real life, in a few weeks.

The 30w Amateur Gardener Crop Lamps are running at 26w. 4 of them are using 104w in our demo room.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to coalmonkey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-20)

Upton Guest

Quote Originally Posted by coalmonkey View Post
    In our Demo room, we have 4 of the 30w Amateur Gardener Crop Lamps in a 1.2m 1.2m Roof Qube. We have made a little wooded frame and screwed the lamps into the wood. We lift them up and down with two rope ratchets.
    I would have 6 rather than 4 tho.
    We have 8 chill plants in 8 15Lt air pots with a RTA brain taking out the waste.

Not a 100% on the new 150W unit. Until i see it in real life, in a few weeks.

The 30w Amateur Gardener Crop Lamps are running at 26w. 4 of them are using 104w in our demo room.
    104 watts in a 1.2 m tent wont grow shit mate lol.. overpriced, and unproven, steer clear fella's.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Upton For This Useful Post:

Mr Pothead (16-06-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,990 Times

Just over 100w in a 1.2m?

And you wonder why it doesn't match a 600w sodium lmfao

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Pothead For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-20)

Thanks

Check out black dog led

20. The Following User Says Thank You to b2323 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-20)