Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Just thought I'd share... (seaweed)

Thanks

Default Just thought I'd share... (seaweed)

A couple of things that have really helped me im my persuit of the perfect smoke.

I wholly recommend seaweed in all capacities, I use it in my compost, i use it as a soil drench, and as a foliar feed during the veg period.

Living near the sea, I have an abundance of Kelp, which I am sure you guys know already, is superb for the growing of weed.

Here are a couple of things that i do to get good results. From the off;

When germinating I use a 1/20th solution of pure kelp in water, this keeps my germination 5 up there, bout 90/95% i'd say.Thats between paper towels of course.

For sprouts i use the same solution, to keep the soil moist.

For veg I use a kelp solution for foliar feed, this help keep nasties away, gives an abundance of minerals, it also helps to unlock the nutrients and sugars stored in the leaves, thus aiding photosynthesis greatly. And for a soil drench I make a kelp and tealeaf tea, 1 tblsp used tea, for nitrogen and manganese, kelp for calcuim, magnesium and a whole host of other wonders, in a gallon of water, this process consistently make excellent root balls quite quickly. It makes the leaves lovely and green too.

For flowering I use 1 teacup kelp, and 1/2 teacup of milk in a drench solution, you need to keep the milk content down for smells. But the advantages of the milk are abundant when in flowering, the calcium content makes for bit healthy buds, with good structure. I water the girls with this right up to 2 weeks before harvest, then i just do plain water (24hrs old room temp) reducing the quantity gradually over the last flower period, so firm up the buds and gleen a little more THC as the plants consume all their reserves, my leaves often dry up, but never wilt.

This is all supplenental to A bit of biobiz for the balance of the nutrients in the plant.

The kelp solution for the foliar feed is really simple, I make it in 1L concentrates. 1L Bucket half filled with beach kelp, washed so the salt is cleaned away, fill with water and leave for up to 3 months with a lid, stirring once per week. at the end you have a slimy thick solution which is more or less 100% unadulterated kelp. 1L makes 20L of foliar feed.

This is by no means new information, however as I am always looking to improve my organic indoor grow, I like to see what others do with home made stuff, and what results they get.

here's hoping this gets another good thread going. And if this helps anyone, thats what its all about.

2. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to BuddyBoy For This Useful Post:

..BOBSTA.. (12-03-10), an-sic (08-09-10), bud-lover (22-07-10), ButterFace (16-01-12), chroniccouple (21-07-10), chroniclover (21-09-15), denots (25-08-13), GEORGE (26-11-18), ggotch (20-05-15), Grandad (19-09-10), Gro-man (04-01-12), kimbo420 (23-10-10), Linnet (01-07-19), LoveBudd (01-05-20), martinthestoner (11-01-19), PhilZenMaster (22-10-11), r33ee (09-07-22), rottdog1975 (16-11-13), SeyGrower (18-08-17), Sonofdust (24-12-11), spliffy2007 (08-12-10), timothio (06-11-13), Trex (12-06-17), Valentina (01-11-22), Zeee (12-03-13), Zen Archer (21-04-11), ZexoticPharmacist (11-06-17)

Thanks

i would also like to add that kelp is a amazing hand wash but also a lube for sexy time too

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pandylad For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-18), Gro-man (04-01-12), PhilZenMaster (22-10-11), r33ee (09-07-22), Trex (12-06-17)

Thanks

Yikes... if I was a female I would not let anything even close to kelp by my youwho... YIKES... it can be bad enough without adding seedweed to the mix

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to X_John-Smith_X For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-18), r33ee (09-07-22), Trex (12-06-17)

Thanks

This sounds really interesting i just finished my first grow and would really like to try this

could you by any chance give me all the info

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skinters View Post
    I panicked a bit and even thought of sticking my hand down there to unblock,but i just got out there.The last thing i saw was the water reaching the top of the bowl and my turd nudging on the rim.
    check out my new groom build and diary thread

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jetlag For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-18), r33ee (09-07-22), Trex (12-06-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jetcobra View Post
    This sounds really interesting i just finished my first grow and would really like to try this

could you by any chance give me all the info

Thanks
    LOL, the produce of that first harvest must have been good dude

Read the header post, some of what you need is there

Read the stickies too, the organics list are a good place to start, some good info can be also gathered at more 'conventional' gardening websites, after all organic nutrients have always been around, just in a more base, and less processed, form.

This is the best part of a grow for me, adding nutrients to order, so to speak, rather than a blanket feed, or supplemental to a blanket feed, you can add more of what a plants needs on a almost harmless level, sort of 'race tuning'. Sometimes the results take only a few hours to show, good or bad lol, but thats the fun!

Seaweed for one, is a superfood anyway, for us as well as plants. Enjoy the journey...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BuddyBoy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-18), r33ee (09-07-22)

Thanks

how do you store it? it's not always easy to go out and collect seaweed, do you freeze it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please do not use "image hosting" websites to host your grow pics. It's unsafe for you the uploader and us the viewers. Stick to using thctalk as your image host, it's free and won't get deleted.

To find out how to use thctalk galleries to host your image, click here to view my illustrated & easy to follow instructions.

When shooting photos of your plants, do they always come out blurry? Check out the plant photography thread here. Feel free to add to it if you have any tips.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judas For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-18), r33ee (09-07-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    how do you store it? it's not always easy to go out and collect seaweed, do you freeze it?
    Hi Judas.

I have 3 ways of storing, firstly if you imagine the quantities in my terms, you will able to see how your grow works with a bit of maths.

I make 1L concentrates that take up to 3 months to mature. This in turn makes 20L of foliar feed or soil drench. More than enough foliar feed for my whole grow (4/5 plants). I store this solution in 2L bottles, I never have more than 2 or 3 stored in a cool dark place (potentially 120L), and its always plenty for my needs. Funnily enough where I am you get more seaweed in the winter due to storms pulling the kelp of the seabed and dumping it on the beach. So I make most of mine in the winter anyway. As long as its airtight it lasts ages.

I have a seaweed only compost pile, dry one side, wet the other (I water it). If i get short (or lazy) I take from the dry pile, and mix as with fresh, but in my experience dry has less volume and a %age of the goodness has evaporated, so 1L makes approx 15L of drench/foliar feed.

I have a 10 Gallon Bucket with a lid, mixed with the water at a 1/20th solution it generally makes enough for my whole grow, depending on the strain, and how long it takes to finish.

You can air dry seaweed, on a makeshift washing line, only takes a couple of weeks where I am, and when its completely dry and crispy, thats the most important bit, it has to be dry, otherwise it moulds. I then store the dry in vacuum stoarge bags, the small ones from JML, hoover the air out, and they are good for god knows how long. It does get a bit stinky on the washing line in the warmer weather, just so you know.

Remember you need to give all your seaweed a really good wash, I soak it over night, and then get the hose on it. You have to get rid of the salt!

Bear in mind these supplental feeds are in addition to worm tea, and compost tea, and for good measure I throw in BioBiz nutes too quite regularly.

To be honest I had to think about this post lol. I bring a dog poo bag full home everytime I take my dog on the beach, so I have a continuous supply, storage has never been an issue.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BuddyBoy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-18), Home Grown (13-08-12), r33ee (09-07-22), Trex (15-01-17)

spengle Guest

sounds to me like someone should be selling this stuff in bottles i would probably buy a product like this

spengle Guest

i dont know about no dog poo though lol thats a bit too organic for me

Thanks

I LOVE THIS THREAD ADMIN PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! MAKE IT A STICKY!!!!!!

This is what growing is all about fooking ace post matey, I use bought seaweed extracts alot but will for sure be down the beach this weekend following your advice above...................I use seaweed foiler feeding to stop stress and help keep the nasties away BIG UP!!!!
    GINGERS ROCK

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dredlock For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-18), PhilZenMaster (22-10-11), r33ee (09-07-22), Trex (15-01-17)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast