Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Just thought I'd share... (seaweed)

Thanks

Buddy Boy do you have a good reciepe for Worm tea, I went out at the weekend and collected 10k kilos of worm casts, yes took fookin for EVER!!!!

I was gonna mix the casts with john innes 3 along with 20%perlite, 15% clay pebbles and some bat shit I got hanging about hehehe just gotta get that taste going lol
    GINGERS ROCK

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dredlock For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-18), r33ee (09-07-22)

Thanks

i thought this was a really good read so i sticky'd it and put some more info on the title so its easy for people

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Hunter For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-18), PhilZenMaster (22-10-11), r33ee (09-07-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spengle View Post
    i dont know about no dog poo though lol thats a bit too organic for me
    lol. Dog poo BAG, a small size carrier bag. No actual poo!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuddyBoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Buddy Boy do you have a good reciepe for Worm tea, I went out at the weekend and collected 10k kilos of worm casts, yes took fookin for EVER!!!!

I was gonna mix the casts with john innes 3 along with 20%perlite, 15% clay pebbles and some bat shit I got hanging about hehehe just gotta get that taste going lol
    Sorry for double post...

Yes worm tea recipe, easy. I use the produce of my worm farm to make tea, not casts, in my experience casts are for a potting mix, not a tea, however I am sure others make a tea from it. I don't bubble it, i probably should however i find that with such a small percy grow , tap water 'rested' for 24 hrs is fine.

Anyway back to the worm tea, we'll do this in litres again, so you can do your own maths for your needs. 1L rested water, 1 TBLS useed tea bags (for added nitrogen); just the tea mind not the paper wrapper 250mls worm farm concentrate (straight out the drain ressevoir) you can also wash the worm mulch to get an immediate tea, but that entails removing the worms and using the mulch as a teabag - very time consuming, and i put a tea spoon of ground egg shells. Thats about it really, every second feed i chuck 1ml per Litre biobiz grow, for all those lovely little extras so difficult to get in quantity from natural resources. This is quite a heavy nitrogen mix however it seems to do good things.

When I flower i modify the tea slightly and add 1TBSP of milk for calcium for added bud structure. I stop this 2 weeks before harvest, and run the water right down, for the last few days the girls get nothing, and they 'clean house' so to speak, this process also helps get a bit more THC from the plant too .

However this makes a whole new question, because the worm farm I run coincides with the food i feed the worms, thats what makes your worm mulch do the business. maybe ill post a worm farm feeding regime...They have a complicated diet to get the best, reasonably quickly IMO.

For my potting mix i do a straight forward cop out, one thats tried, tested and works for me; straight B&Q multipurpose, no added nothing, I add about 15/20% perlite, it has enough gentle food for the girls for about a month, however i reinforce this with a seaweed/worm tea washing a day before i pot on, giving a bit of 'blending' time. By the time I've added the seaweed and worm juice its about 60% water.

I use a tea when and if i see a deficiency, not all the time.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BuddyBoy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-18), PhilZenMaster (22-10-11), r33ee (09-07-22)

Thanks

EDIT:

Anyway back to the worm tea, we'll do this in litres again, so you can do your own maths for your needs. 1L rested water, 1 TBLS useed tea bags (for added nitrogen); just the tea mind not the paper wrapper 250mls worm farm concentrate (straight out the drain ressevoir) you can also wash the worm mulch to get an immediate tea, but that entails removing the worms and using the mulch as a teabag - very time consuming, and i put a tea spoon of ground egg shells. Thats about it really, every second feed i chuck 1ml per Litre biobiz grow, for all those lovely little extras so difficult to get in quantity from natural resources. This is quite a heavy nitrogen mix however it seems to do good things - I ALSO ADD MY SEAWEED EXTRACT ABOUT 15/20%...

Shoot man, all this posting tells you how good my weed is, or maybe i am a lightweight

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuddyBoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hunter View Post
    i thought this was a really good read so i sticky'd it and put some more info on the title so its easy for people

I am flattered my little piece of info helps, I will post more as and when

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuddyBoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey buddyboy, is it possible to boil your kelp for a while and then use the water that's left for spraying on the foilage? cheers

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thetrobadour For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetrobadour View Post
    Hey buddyboy, is it possible to boil your kelp for a while and then use the water that's left for spraying on the foilage? cheers

In this instance you would boil away some % of the nutrients, as essentially Kelp is a cold water organism.

However there are arguments for, and against boiling. I just use it as per my sticky. It works wonders as it is.

Why do you wanna boil it anyway? Are you having it with a pork chop and gravy?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuddyBoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

haha no! not at all! i have really limited time and space for another bucket for three months. and would love to try get it on this crop.

Ive searched google for alternatives i can buy but have only found sachets that u add to water and for me that defeats the purpose a little.

I think i might give it a try, its noway going to be as potent as your recipe, but worth a try maybe!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thetrobadour For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The proper stuff is difficult to find, I have sent you a PM as a pointer for a good alternative to my special sauce...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuddyBoy For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast