Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Just thought I'd share... (seaweed)

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by spengle View Post
    sounds to me like someone should be selling this stuff in bottles i would probably buy a product like this

sea weed extact has been used by the fishing industry for donkeys years, for the best quality try cc moores last time i bought some i think it was 4.50 a kilo hope this helps they also stock a whole heap of things that would be beneficial for anyone making their own compost

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to junglist For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-11-18), r33ee (09-07-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by junglist View Post
    sea weed extact has been used by the fishing industry for donkeys years, for the best quality try cc moores last time i bought some i think it was 4.50 a kilo hope this helps they also stock a whole heap of things that would be beneficial for anyone making their own compost
    Theres a feller also on fleabay that sells a kelp bases foliar feed, good stuff too, I uesed it before I made my own. I don't see it very often though, not that I really look but check it out....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuddyBoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

would you use these only in soil etc or could it be ok to use in coco?

What do you think is better for the grow and the final product natty soil e.g compost or bnq multipurpose or coco as i heard that coco is good as it does not have the nasties of the soil is this true?

Thanks guys and also btw nice post very informative!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris1985 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris1985 View Post

What do you think is better for the grow and the final product natty soil e.g compost or bnq multipurpose or coco as i heard that coco is good as it does not have the nasties of the soil is this true?

Glad the post may have helped you. To be honest I have only ever grown in soil, i like the close proximity to nature, I wont get started about my veg garden....I have often toyed with the coco grow idea, but if my finger nails aren't dirty after a sesh in the space, i feel like i havent done anything! Or nothing happening haha....

As its seaweed it will work anywhere, i guess there may be a few complications maybe with hydro, mixing chem nutes and organics can sometimes retard growth and make issues with your bacterias, however as a never hydro grower, an informed comment is impossible.

At the end of the day, seaweed works a treat with my soil grows, and I would recommend it to everyone, and frequently do lol, so look at what you are already doing and see if its conducive.

The foilar feed will be ok I am sure...only one way to find out though....

Sorry I couldn't help more.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuddyBoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No worries, tbh i think after i have done this grow in coco i am going to go down the soil route, as an experinced soil grower is there anything that you would suggest to me as a 1st time soil grower e.g whats the best one to use and in what mix if it is 2 different soils as someone mentioned to me that there are loads of different ones so i thought i would just ask in your experience which one do you think is best?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris1985 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Have a look in my shared grow thread, it tells you in there what I use to good effect, however soil, and soil mixes are a very personalised thing. There are many different recipes out there, at the end of the day my only solid opinion on soil is you don't have to buy canna specific, or professional soil, you just have to look after it correctly.

I find soil very rewarding, each to his own though.

Hope this helps

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuddyBoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris1985 View Post

What do you mean the nasties? The only wierd thing I have ever seen happen in soil, that can't happen in hydro or coco is that I seen a mushroom grow from someone's pots before... Everything else is able to happen in hydro and coco, and infact when dealing with neutrients feeding problems, watering problems, are all much more severe when doing hydro and coco. The plant is much more sensitive to mistakes

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to X_John-Smith_X For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I hope they were the right kind of mushies

Seaweed has been known ^^ to be an excellent combatant to spider mites, aphids and blackfly, as well as generally incerasing the heath and vigor of the plants. At then end of the day the healhiest plants tend to suffer from ailments the least.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuddyBoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

Right ive read it buddy, is kelp just another name for seaweed, 3 big jumps and i am at the beach so can easily get whatever i need but not sure what i need, and the milk fascinates me fer flowering, might try that too, for now will have to search for kelp on ebay so i can give this foliar feeding a try out on my LA woman. Good post mate.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dekay For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dekay View Post
    Right ive read it buddy, is kelp just another name for seaweed, 3 big jumps and i am at the beach so can easily get whatever i need but not sure what i need, and the milk fascinates me fer flowering, might try that too, for now will have to search for kelp on ebay so i can give this foliar feeding a try out on my LA woman. Good post mate.
    Kelp is the seaweed that looks like fat ribbons of pork pie jelly, reddish brown, or a sandy orange colour, the colour changes with its age, bladderack is the seaweed that has little air sacks all over it, like bubble wrap. These are the most common types of seaweed on my nearest beach.

I use kelp as it decomposes in water much quicker than bladderack, a finished bucket of concentrate can be ready in as little as 6 weeks, depending on how fresh the kelp was when you collected it. You get young fresh fronds and 6 weeks fermentation, job done. Best collected after a seastorm.

I use the spray every day twice, and once a week a proper dousing spray of just water after lights off to wash off any of the natural polymers that may build up on the leaf surface.

I use a weak solution of milk for added calcium, and a teaspoon of wood ash (high k content) for the last couple of feeds, not too much though, the wood ash is quite strong, but thats for a drench, not a foliar feed.

You can mix it all together with molasses in your water too, makes a very nutricious organic feed.

You will notice the effects of the seawed foliar spray in a matter of days, they will be lush, green, and moist. Look at the early vegging pics in my diary.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BuddyBoy For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast