currently growing the proper plants in wilma fours in individual tents in the loft. i also grow old "heritage" varieties of tomatoes in the greenhouse in bog standard diy store potting compost. i have a spare 8x6' greenhouse that only gets used for storing shite, that i just cleared out. i have been looking into different growing systems that i could use for growing the same tomatoes and ghost chillies. decided on on two 5 pot dwc systems that will run either side of the 8' length of the greenhouse. i have started making these up using 22 litre buckets linked together using 13mm bore tube. the mother pots both have water level tubes. 4mm bore airlines to each pot from 80 litre/min air pump with airstones. i wanted a recurculating system to avoid ph problems between pots.
i had the idea after looking at aeroponic sytems of a water pump in the mother pot linked to each individual pot with 4mm bore tube with spray nozzles directed at the roots (overkilll mayby but every little helps) and it would be recurculating the water as it goes. i bought some 60 litre/hour srayers (red ones) and using the dripper system of a wilma 4 attatched them to a 880 litre/hour water pump
but all i get from each sprayer is a dribble. fuck fuck fuckerty fuck. everything was going so well including cutting the 20cm holes in the lids with a with a home made hole saw. brown trouser stuff but thats another story. i have tried taking the nozzles off and measuring the water flow that is 600 ml/min (400 with the nozzles on). 36 l/h and 24l/h with nozzles on, well under the pumps capacity, so the 4mm tube must be restricting the waterflow. anyone any ideas outher than a larger diameter tube? or should forget about my fancy ideas and just let the feckers drip