Thread: first hempy grow any help woudl be great

Thanks

Default first hempy grow any help woudl be great

hello this is my first hempy grow. right now im revegging 2 blueberry plants to make clones from, harvest and then transplant clones into hemp ybuckets. here is some background info on my setup:

i have a 400 w mh for veg and an hps bulb for flowering.
    i plan on using no more than 4 3 gallon buckets with 100% perlite
    i will be using alaska 5-1-1 fish fertz for veg and a 0-12-0 bat guano for flower brewed in a container with a powerful 2.7 liter air pump and bubble stone to which molasses and mychorizzae will be added as well as super thrive . i will use a 3.5ft by 3.5 ft by5.5 ft tall grow tent with reflectix mylar bubble wrap lining and a 250 cfm fan pulling air out of the top. i palnt to have 2 2.7 liter per minute air pumps with dual outputs so there will be 4 lengths of tubing total running to each of the 4 buckets with bubble discs attatched to the end of every tubeso that the 2 inches of water on the bottom are aerated. i plan to veg for 2 weeks under 20/4 and keep the temps during veg and flower at 75 during daytime and 72 at night, and humidity during veg at 60% and 50% during flower. i will be adding co2 with a tank from a beer distributor and am aiming for 1000 ppm during the day hours and shut off at night

does anyone think this is a good setup and how can i improve it other than upgraded lighting?

im hoping for 4oz per plant does this setup sound viable?

also shoudl i use coarse perlite or regular perlite?

MrMojorising Guest

my first hempy grow was in perlite and vermiculite
    great way to grow,very simple

your set up sounds ok,
    personally i would add mychorizzae at the initial planting dosing the planting hole well
    the organic teas you will be making will carry on and feed them so it would be a waste to keep using it,
    they mainly work when in contact with the roots so dosing the initial planting hole insures that

not worked with co2 so no help or advice there im afraid.

make sure you give them at least 10 days to 2 weeks flush at the end.
    also giving your plants just plain water every 4th feed and adding epsom salts to your feeding would be advisable.
    good luck

i use coarse perlite-the only reason is thats all i can get,no problems with it.
    Last edited by MrMojorising; 05-02-13 at 12:08 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMojorising For This Useful Post:

applepoop911 (05-02-13)

Master Poet Guest

Is your groom a sealed unit? If not then the use of C02 is a waste of time as it will be extracted out through the filter as soon as its in the groom.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Master Poet For This Useful Post:

applepoop911 (05-02-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Is your groom a sealed unit? If not then the use of C02 is a waste of time as it will be extracted out through the filter as soon as its in the groom.
    so your saying only use co2 if you dont have any kind of exhaust fan? im sorry i dont follow i thought you need exhaust to keep the temps in the 75 f range can u please explain further how i coudl best implement co2 without the heat getting above 75?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrMojorising View Post
    my first hempy grow was in perlite and vermiculite
    great way to grow,very simple

your set up sounds ok,
    personally i would add mychorizzae at the initial planting dosing the planting hole well
    the organic teas you will be making will carry on and feed them so it would be a waste to keep using it,
    they mainly work when in contact with the roots so dosing the initial planting hole insures that

not worked with co2 so no help or advice there im afraid.

make sure you give them at least 10 days to 2 weeks flush at the end.
    also giving your plants just plain water every 4th feed and adding epsom salts to your feeding would be advisable.
    good luck

i use coarse perlite-the only reason is thats all i can get,no problems with it.
    woudl would i need to make my setup better than just ok? so since il be using clones woudl it be best to sprinkle mychorizzae at the base of the main stem before transplanting to hempy?
    why woudl the organic teas feeding them be a waste can u elaborate please? for the last 2 weeks how often would u recommend flushing? can u also elaborate on the feeding watering schedule ie im using 5-1-1 for veg 0-12-0 for bloom molasses for potassium super thrive for vitamin b1 would epsom salts be for trace and when shoudl i water with each? im sorry i know thats alot of questions but any help would be greatly appreciated and accompanied by rep

Master Poet Guest

No, you need the extraction running 24/7 but that is going to suck out the Co2 right away and will do the plants no good at all tbh. To use Co2 effectively you need to be running a sealed groom set up so as the Co2 can be used effectively by the plants.

You can try the C02 but you will notice zero difference.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Master Poet For This Useful Post:

applepoop911 (05-02-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    No, you need the extraction running 24/7 but that is going to suck out the Co2 right away and will do the plants no good at all tbh. To use Co2 effectively you need to be running a sealed groom set up so as the Co2 can be used effectively by the plants.

You can try the C02 but you will notice zero difference.
    i think i see what ur saying, so the extractor fan pulls air out of the grow room and recirculates that air back into the grow room for c02 to be effective is that correct? im still kind of lost on this, what if the co2 was being used in enough ppm that even though its getting sucked out right away the amount of ppm in the room from the bottle makes the use of it have an effect? and when you say sealed grow room you mean no leaks at all liek ina vacuum? i dont follow how thats possible except if you recirculate the extracted air can u please elaborate im sorry if im beign a noob about this

MrMojorising Guest

Quote Originally Posted by applepoop911 View Post
    would i need to make my setup better than just ok?

its really about how much space you have,
    lights you usually want 100w per plant so if your growing 4 then your lights ok,

so since il be using clones would it be best to sprinkle mychorizzae at the base of the main stem before transplanting to hempy?
    you want the mychorizzae to be in contact with the roots so i would sprinkle it in the hole your going to plant in,
    then put your rooted clone in the hole.

why would the organic teas feeding them be a waste can u elaborate please?
    no what i was saying was adding EXTRA mychorizzae after your initial planting isn't necessary,
    you use it every time you pot up,
    adding mychorizzae to teas is a waste,
    the organic teas has enough goodies to feed the mychorizzae you ALREADY put on the roots.

for the last 2 weeks how often would u recommend flushing?
    the last 2 weeks of flower you want to just feed them plain water,(airated or left overnight)
    this is to get the last nutes out of the plant giving you a cleaner smoke.

can u also elaborate on the feeding watering schedule ie im using 5-1-1 for veg 0-12-0 for bloom molasses for potassium super thrive for vitamin b1 would epsom salts be for trace and when should i water with each?
    when i make organic teas i add molasses first then put in the bat poo or whatever your using.
    i would give them 3 feeds of organic teas then a feed of plain water,
    the epsoms adds magnesium which you'll need
    1 teaspoon per 4 litres-add it to hot water it dissolves quicker
    i put it in my big reservoir so all water used has epsom salts.

superthrive i've only ever sprayed it on my plants every now and again.
    (usually when i find the bottle as its bloody tiny )

im sorry i know thats alot of questions but any help would be greatly appreciated and accompanied by rep
    no worries

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMojorising For This Useful Post:

applepoop911 (06-02-13)

Thanks

Co 2 is dangerous to us humans at high levels .