Thread: thread filtering feature

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,129 Times

Default thread filtering feature

im currently doing my first hydro grow diary (from muck) and i intend to keep referring back to it in the future and there are a couple of features that would really help me, such as;

1: for example, there are some posts that i'd love to be able to mark/flag if it is particularly helpful.
    2: if i could filter my diary so for example, if i only wanted to read my mentors posts i could do without having to scan through every post/page and if i could filter the diary for my flagged posts that would save so much time but also for general forum use

any thoughts guys?

Thanks

Default Re: thread filtering feature

Some diaries are larger than others but, especially if someone specific is mentoring you you can expect it to be manageable. Given how much time you'll spend here and how long it takes to grow, you'd nearly be able to recite the whole thread in your sleep.

Other than that, copy and pasting to a word doc is the only other idea that comes to mind.

OR bang yer posts-per-page up to like 100 and just CTRL+F to search the page for your mentors username.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,129 Times

i think your missing the point. i realise i can copy and paste but the reason for the suggestion was to avoid all that hassle. what i suggested was for general use not just for diarys. i think most people wont bother to go to those lengths for saving interesting info. people are lazy and will just not bother. why would i want to keep saving word docs with info all over the place. with what i suggested i could access info much quicker without the need to fart about.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

I get the point

But, sadly, what you suggest is not trivial and would probably take a not-inconsiderable amount of time and effort to achieve (unless someone's done it already and released their code that is).

Thanks

Default Re: thread filtering feature

Ah!
    Yes that would be a bit naff.
    I have a THCtalk bookmarks folder in Chrome. I just keep the pages with handy guides and links in there.
    Encumbering yes, some way to save particular posts would be better.