Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official sports Betting/Trading Thread

blurry-vision Guest

Default The Official sports Betting/Trading Thread

OK maybe we could have this as a sticky ??

Put all your tips and so on in here people !!

"It's over there between the land and the sky!"
    Thanks

nice 1 blurry!!!

arsenal each way for the prem at 12-1!!! as if you couldnt guess....

not biased either, i thinks a good bet....

blurry, i want u to keep me informed of your bettings, on a daily basis, as im very interested. do u think you could do that

il let u know wat bets i do aswelll,, and if you see anything ul think i mite be interestd in let me know!!!! i mainly bet on footy!!!!

Thanks

doesnt need to be a sticky really does it??

after all as long as we are posting in it the thread remains alive.

ill start. my best football tip for this season.

dundee to win scottish first division. i got on at 7's a couple of weeks ago, is generally into 5's now and WILL shorten again after dundee beat queen of the south at home this weekend. get on peeps.

also thinking of backing man city in the premiership WITHOUT arsenal, livepool, man u and chelsea at 33/1. good price that. city have signed some good players this summer and if they gel quick no reason why they cant finish top eight

Thanks

thats a good idea kv, wat r the conditions of each way on that bet, is it 1/2 the ods, placed 1 ,2 or 1/4 odds placed 1234,,, if its the latter, it sounds like a reasonable punt!!!!! mite get on it if it is!!!

Thanks

depends m8. the dundee bet will be win only with some bookies and e/w 1st 2nd
    at very most m8. no need for e/w though

the man city bet is 1/3 the odds first 2.

all my bets placed at chisolms

blurry-vision Guest

LAL I want to lay the draw in the third test ENG v IND but I want to lay it at odds on which I think I'll be able to do in-running so if on Betfair the test goes odds in the first 2 or 3 days I will start laying the draw...
    Last edited by blurry-vision; 08-08-07 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks

what odds have u taken already, and what stake,,, why do u want to lay it, u think india are gonna win? please explain

blurry-vision Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LAL View Post
    what odds have u taken already, and what stake,,, why do u want to lay it, u think india are gonna win? please explain
    I have not had a bet yet I wanna wait to see how the pitch looks for batting and see how much is in the pitch for the bowlers, I think it won't be a draw b/c the weather is set fair we should get 450 overs over the five days, now we nearly had a result at Lords in 360 overs, and got a result at Trent Bridge in about the same time 350-370 overs so imo 450 overs is enough time for a result if you look what happened in 350 odd overs in the other two games, also England need to win so they have to play attacking cricket this will open the game up, India or England can win it imo, so lay the draw but try to get it at odds on if possible.

Also I have heard that there will be a fair bit of pace and bounce in the pitch so I expect Tremlett and Panesar to do well as both bowlers appreciate a bouncy wicket..

Last edited by blurry-vision; 08-08-07 at 09:55 PM.

Thanks

ok i get it, just a little unsure of the lingo,, wat r u gna bet on then,,, ru basically gna be betting on it not being a draw, and tryin to find value,

or are you taking the draw at say 2-1, then sellin it when it goes odds on???

i just dont properly understand the term lay,,, but thats what this thred is all about i suppose""

blurry-vision Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LAL View Post
    ok i get it, just a little unsure of the lingo,, wat r u gna bet on then,,, ru basically gna be betting on it not being a draw, and tryin to find value,

or are you taking the draw at say 2-1, then sellin it when it goes odds on???

i just dont properly understand the term lay,,, but thats what this thred is all about i suppose""
    Yeah thats what I tend to do on cricket back and then lay or just lay then back some back, basically I trade the cricket rather than just bet on it for example atm the draw is roughly 6/4 to lay if say England batted and on the first day only lost 2 or 3 wickets then the draw would be odds on at the close of play however if they lost say 6 or 7 wickets then the draw would be about 3-1 so thats the trick lay the bet at a low odds then back it back when it gets to bigger odds meaning you then have a no risk bet(if it goes your way that is !) Yeah so lay is just to take the money for the bet rather than place the money ON the bet..

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast