Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Can you get caught by your electric usage?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,819 Times

its always cheaper on quartly than prepayment meters anyway but atleast you no exactly wat your using with the pp

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapid7 For This Useful Post:

fivethumbsfrank (19-02-13), GEORGE (16-04-20)

Thanks

Pay your bill and keep your usage in the range of what would be expected for a house your size or bigger. If questions start comming you should have some innefficient appliences to point to as the culpret, also gonna want to avoid pointing to the electric fireplace in the summer eh?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SunnyGarden For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-04-20)

Thanks

Don't worry about it we use a 10er Aday electric before I even started we have storage heater but these are turned off ATM and we still using the same amount of electric and we hardly ever hear only

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Woodfire For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-04-20)

Thanks

i phoned my power company, said i have moved in new woman and 3 kids, could you do me a deal on a pay as you grow tarrif. apparently not but the call's recorded if they were to care. Up Scotland, bypassing meter is a NO NO if you get pinched. you get time for bypassing, not for growing

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tlh2496 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-04-20), WhoWhereWhenWhatWhy (25-05-14)

Thanks

Any questions explain you use an aircon unit for heatcool the hose and you have a hot tub that needs heating. sorted...

Id not be worried about any high used anyway. I know someone who runs 4x600w and veg room without issue maybe 6x600w and id start to be cautious, but this alone is not indication of any wrongdoing, IF and i say a fairly big if that you get flagged on your electric account there are two things that happen, they will investigate the fluctuations in power usage and possibly send an engineer to check supply. This along does not permit a warrant (as fr as i know).

As for jumping electric, all good and well when its free. But when that door knocks know that the 2nd place they go after the groom is the cupboard to investigate. They also call the electrical company to check over the board, them guys know what to look for with regards to hidden switches.

End of day, its another nicking you must accept when the hammer comes down.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gander For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-04-20), WhoWhereWhenWhatWhy (25-05-14)

Thanks

Just swapped over to ovo there quote reckoned I could save £350 a year for gas and electric with my current usage, BONUS

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stretch12345 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-04-20)

Thanks

No, if you could I would of already had a knock at the door. My meter reading a few years ago was 3k over what it should be and no one cared. Not even due to growing cos I ain't even started yet.

Any number of things can cause it to go up, now if your thinking of getting 4 1000 watt bulbs then you might get caught.

I used to own a lot of reptiles and never had a knock on the door.

If you see it as a real issue then get some LED instead.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Thorsday For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-04-20)

scoobs Guest

Its not just how much u use...ul only get busted if u dont pay on time👍....wot they doin now is sussun out that at certain times of day..ie 6am till 12 midnight my house draws a 1000watts of power every day for a few week..till the timer gets changed to 12 noon till midnight....hence if u get investigated for non payment they track when surges happen&pass this on to the feds👍...as always...dont give em owt to investigate ur usage..pay asap

16. The Following User Says Thank You to scoobs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was thinking of aSKING FOR ONE OF Those eco7 meters. Cheaper leccy for 7hrs during the night I think.
    Any tips on that?
    Have a look at my 250w Growdrobe---> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...owdrobe-please

Here's my new diary. Please pop in and help me out--> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069912633

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-04-20)

Thanks

Default Caught growing cannabis electricity companies

Of course you can get caught growing by the electricity companies, I used to work for British gas and they were constantly reporting people.

We could see when there was a great voltage draw this is caused by the igniters for discharge lamps used a surge to ignite the bulb which we can see, when the bulb is first ignited, its only when they reach full brightness this then drops.

Only large scale operations were reported the best way to hide it is use Tesla modules to charge and discharge, you can even charge tesla modules at charging stations if you want to be super under the radar but no electrical company will report high usage its only if they see a correlation at certain times of the day lights on / off, this way we are unable to see the surge, dont tell them I told you guys though.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adam189 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-04-20), M_C (15-04-20)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast