Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Can you get caught by your electric usage?

Thanks

Lmao not my house and wish it was tho... pools gone now was mint in summer comming out the groom and going for a swim !

medicine / bio-fuel / oxygen / building materials / proteins and essential oils/ plastics
    and textiles/ hygiene products / tree-less paper - and this is an ILLEGAL plant??
    name one other thing in this world that has all those benefits!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to born2toke For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,116 Times

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyerFlyingHigh View Post
    I have a friend who is an electrician and has recently bypassed his meter, I'm really interested in how long it will take before he gets caught, hes using 4x 600w and a 400w veg setup, I will be using almost the same amout of power for my grow after week 4 of flower and my grow will cost me £900-£1000 but I'm sure I wont arouse suspicion so to me its worth paying the £1000 for the peace of mind, my mate might be saving a grand but its a big risk and will cost him a whole lot more if he gets caught.

excuse I use is I have electric heaters on all the time as they dont have central heating, they dont bat an eyelid
    My cousins side of the family bypassed their electric, and as long as you put something on it every week, they don't get alerted, it's when you start going a month or two without topping up that they get suspicious, and always be with a company who let you put your meter reading in the window

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shinigami For This Useful Post:

DrGreen (15-02-13), GEORGE (16-04-20), Jackman (15-02-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,553 Times

Quote Originally Posted by TokeItBitch View Post
    My cousins side of the family bypassed their electric, and as long as you put something on it every week, they don't get alerted, it's when you start going a month or two without topping up that they get suspicious, and always be with a company who let you put your meter reading in the window
    good to know mate, hes only bypassed the elec up to the loft for his grow and pays for the rest of his house, I'd love to do the same and he would do for me if I paid him but if I ever did get busted thats what I'd get done for the most so I think I'l just put up with the high bills for now.

I think the best option for everyone is to get on board with the cheap electric supplier called ovo, I heard alot of guys are on good tariffs paying 8-9pence per kwh with a standard daily charge of 20p per day added on. works out alot cheaper than my 23p per kwh, I use almost £10 a day inc household usage

Or have economy 7 with your grow running through the night to make most of the cheaper hours with that tariff

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HighFlyerFlyingHigh For This Useful Post:

DrGreen (15-02-13), GEORGE (16-04-20), Jackman (15-02-13), tlh2496 (08-05-14), WhoWhereWhenWhatWhy (25-05-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,116 Times

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyerFlyingHigh View Post
    good to know mate, hes only bypassed the elec up to the loft for his grow and pays for the rest of his house, I'd love to do the same and he would do for me if I paid him but if I ever did get busted thats what I'd get done for the most so I think I'l just put up with the high bills for now.

I think the best option for everyone is to get on board with the cheap electric supplier called ovo, I heard alot of guys are on good tariffs paying 8-9pence per kwh with a standard daily charge of 20p per day added on. works out alot cheaper than my 23p per kwh, I use almost £10 a day inc household usage

Or have economy 7 with your grow running through the night to make most of the cheaper hours with that tariff

wow, thats really high, and i read somewhere that if you get busted with a grow, and your meter bypassed, they class it as a farm as your stealing the electric as well..

Also, i would say around here i pay average, 12.92p Kwh, so mine aint so bad, i worked out my whole groom being roughly £10-15 a week, with 600W HPS.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shinigami For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-04-20), Jackman (15-02-13)

Thanks

thhis was an interesting post as i was wondering the same hting now i feel a lot better

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dollyshoes For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,381 Times

ovo was cheap until i8 foudn cheaper

ebico, its scottish powers eco wind farm, lowest rates in the country, ppl call offerin i say im with ebico they soudn sad and say bye,

ya pay a fixed unit rate ,

i power a 5 bed house
    2 gaming pcs,
    masive american fridge,
    2 freezers,
    xbox +3 tellies
    kettle + loads of tea
    2 600watt + 12inch fan(on 12/12)

and all the extras, ive alot of kids n everythings on all the time,
    my weekly electric on the meter is £20 -25 now, it was 50ish before we swapped,

only downside is there is liek 5 ppl in the office so they shut even the emergency lines at 8pm

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrGreen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Quote Originally Posted by DrGreen View Post
    ebico, its scottish powers eco wind farm, lowest rates in the country
    Their off-peak tariff is 0.4p cheaper than I'm paying now, but their daytime prices are between 4p and 7p more (that's over 50% extra).

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,381 Times

WOOT? how? lol,. duno why but these are the best company weve bin with for cost, im on meter lol and they have never needed asmuch :S dont know why lol maybe im on some kinda sceeme? they said wen we joint you will never pay more than 200 units or somthing. what ever we use if it over or under we pay the same .
    but then i can turn everything on and watch my money go down faster so i never understud that but 20-24 a week we do on it max ... oh well not complaining its cheap for sum reason and im meter so no debts and i know im using that if it goes up ill leave but atm thats cool for us lol

what number do i look on the meter for to see wat rate im on

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DrGreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-04-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

I wouldn't know where to look on the meter, sorry. My tariff is printed on my quarterly bills.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-04-20)

Thanks

I just run a quarterly check on ebicos site, it worked out £35 more than I'm paying now, but that's over three months.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to fivethumbsfrank For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-04-20)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast