Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quitting and Twitching

Thanks

Question Quitting and Twitching

This isn't my first rodeo and I'm quite use to what I'm about to explain. Alright so I quit about a month ago, heavy smoking (the only way I smoke), I either smoke 24/7 from when I wake up to when I go to sleep or I quit and don't smoke at all. Was smoking for 2 months straight and had a 5 month break before that (and at that time I had been smoking for 7+ months). I'm just giving details here, I don't know if you want/need to know that.

When I quit, my symptoms go as normal: insomnia for a week, little appetite, stomach pains, slight social anxiety, nervousness and not being able to sit in one spot. But here's what really sucks (this happens every time I quit)--I get twitchy and jumpy/have limb spasm/muscle spasms. One second I'll be sitting there, just being, say, watching TV or whatever, or just sitting around with people, and a leg muscle or my arm will jump a bit--without warning. Really quickly. It surprises me. Sometimes it happens around people which I'm sure they wonder, "what the fuck was that" and think I'm weird or nervous around them. It use to scare me and worry me, but now I'm use to it. What is odd is that after all other symptoms of quitting, this stays with me for over a month, while I am mostly great in all other areas, other than some very slight social anxiety (such as getting my words caught up, heart rate increase).

Does anyone relate to this? I've heard that weed affects your nervous system. So strange that quitting weed can make me twitch and have limb spasms.

Cheers!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BarrettB For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Also, I want to clarify, I'm not having ticks like an autistic person would. My head isn't jolting nor is my mouth moving or anything bizarre like that.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BarrettB For This Useful Post:

Boatiy (26-04-13), FoxyLady (26-04-13)

Thanks

I know what you mean mate, if i dont smoke weed for say a week or something i get a little twitch every now and then, think its just your body craving the ganj. Mine goes away within two weeks usually though, probably just depends how much you are usually smoking bud

mellowed Guest

Default Re: Quitting and Twitching

I get what ya mean mate. I get that often even when I am smoking.
    I've jumped that much while chillin on the sofa that I feel off before now.

Usually an arm or leg though an it nearly always hits or kicks Mrsmellowed. She's had a black eye from it before now. Lol oops.

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Yep, I'd say it's withdrawals mate.

Cannabis, like all narcotics can have side-effects especially if you're a very heavy user, so coming off it abruptly can have some undesired effects.

I used to have similar problems when I was younger and smoked 24/7, but nowadays I only smoke in the evenings and the unwanted 'spasms' and/or anxiety are just a distant memory.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

Lil Sindigo (07-05-13), magpie (26-04-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,575 Times

I actually get this while smoking. Used to be bad in my teens but not so much now

Notorious WD Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Grub View Post
    Yep, I'd say it's withdrawals mate.

Cannabis, like all narcotics can have side-effects especially if you're a very heavy user, so coming off it abruptly can have some undesired effects.

I used to have similar problems when I was younger and smoked 24/7, but nowadays I only smoke in the evenings and the unwanted 'spasms' and/or anxiety are just a distant memory.
    Ditto.

I tried to quit, didn't wanna so thought fuck it and toned down. 1 or 2 joints a night and take or leave one weekends else I get nothing done.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Notorious WD For This Useful Post:

Grub (26-02-13)

Thanks

Don't worry. The twitching caused by long term THC use will eventually stop. You have nothing to worry about because of neural plasticity. 2 years max.

Thanks

I just had a 5 day break and I just cant seem to keep things together at points. Exercise makes a massive difference, its the only thing that comes close to the feeling of chilling after a bong or 2.

I also take a few herbal supplements like 5-HTP (Precursor to serotonin) so you feel happier, its like a mild natural anti-depressent. I've heard St John's Wort is also good for helping to relax a bit. You can also vaporise lemon grass which is a natural relaxant or Valerie root which helps you sleep.

I had a 2 month break but I found towards the end the cravings got more intense not less so reckon its gutaa take like 6 months to really start feeling normal.

Quote Originally Posted by BarrettB View Post
    Also, I want to clarify, I'm not having ticks like an autistic person would.
    I think your talking about Tourettes there mate, autistic people dont twitch!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chilled For This Useful Post:

Lil Sindigo (07-05-13)

Thanks

My muscles jump and twitch even when i'm high lol. But I have noticed that when I am sober, sometimes I get restless leg syndrome when I try to sleep. Marijuana always takes that away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast