Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quitting and Twitching

Thanks

I have had this happen a handful of times in the past few years, sometimes my whole body can twitch while lying in bed and it can be quite worrying. I peg it down to breathing problems. i have restless leg syndrome since early teens, well i can't relax my body. i think its due to another medical issue with my chest (slight pectus excarintum on one side) that causes my ribs to push in on the one side, sounds serious but you wouldn't notice if you saw me with no top on. Basically it causes me to have irregular breathing i think the severe twitching is just a way for my body to pump blood or breathe better. I honestly never considered that it might be connected to my use of cannabis at all.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,381 Times

sounds like ya need a joint mate

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,381 Times

whhy are ya quitting? ya know its better for ya health than anything els? the main reason ya got them effects is probly due to it helping correct somthign you havent noticed, so while its gone its gone u get used to it, stop curing it and boom wtf is that!!

thats what happens with me i use it for somany illnesses and problems its fixed others i didnt realy seem to be aware of. just my cent

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BarrettB View Post

Does anyone relate to this? I've heard that weed affects your nervous system. So strange that quitting weed can make me twitch and have limb spasms.

Cheers!
    I can totally relate bro..
    But mine was the opposite, everytime i smoked weed i would get crazy spasms, and uncontrollable jerks in my leg..
    But when i stopped smoking they would go away. I had to quit smoking weed due to spasms and painful anxiety, it did my head in..

I can tell you how to get rid of them, Take some Liquid Magnesium and then get baths in Epsom Salts or Magnesium Flakes.
    Magnesium is needed to relax the muscles and nerves, it is need for the normal functions of our nervous system.
    IF we dont get enough magnesium we can develop spasms and lack of control in our muscles.
    But the thing is, 95% of us are deficient in magnesium. But do not get the tablets, they dont absorb in your body, get magnesium liquid and the bath flakes and salts

Herbs and supplements which will also help you get rid of spasms:
    Skullcap : Reduces Spasms and strengthens the nerves.
    Lemon Balm: Gets rid of spasms and helps your nervous system.
    Ginkgo Biloba : Improves Blood Flow to your brain
    Every Vitamin B : To heal your nervous system, and help reduce spasms.
    Tulsi : Heals you body from stress and stressful feelings
    Magnesium : One of the best things for spasms.

Ive been through the exact same thing as you bro, i still get spasms every day, but they are weaker and i can ignore them

i get spasms all the time, i just supplement and take herbs to reduce the amount of spasms i get... i Know how annoying and agitating it can be
    Last edited by keeron; 31-08-13 at 12:49 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3 Times

Thumbs up Thank you for this

I know this post is from like 5 years ago but I can't thank you all enough for sharing your experiences. Starting January 1st (it's now the 24th), I cut down my consumption after 2.5 years of heavy use. Recently, I've been experiencing high amounts of anxiety, nausea, headaches and a ton of twitchiness. It started in my leg and now I feel twitches a couple times a day in my hands and legs. I was panicking that I was dying of some crazy nervous system disease and I've only recently put together that I may be going through some amount of withdrawal...sure enough, I pop online and am finding tons of threads from people who have gone through the same things...thank you guys for sharing your experiences, it's really helped me relax and understand what I am going through.

Cheers fellas and happy smoking (if you're still doin that!)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smutz For This Useful Post:

M_C (26-01-18), WF420 (26-01-18)

Bejeweled 2 Action Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,391 Times

i start and stop smoking weed all the time, i tend to smoke for 3/4 weeks then stop for a week or so then start smoking again
    this way my tolerance doesn't go crazy, can't say i have experienced withdrawal symptoms from weed

definitely had those symptoms when i quit tobacco, shit drove me mental, couldn't sleep was breaking out in cold sweats, really bad temper couldn't socialize without needing my hit of tobacco,
    was in town and went in to buy smokes after 3/4 days cold turkey, seen a vape pen and thought it's godda be better than tobacco,

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterEnergy For This Useful Post:

M_C (26-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,803 Times

I quit 2 years ago and it was the hardest thing I ever done. Nightmares, anger, anxiety, cold sweats and a load of other shit I have forgotten thankfully. Only smoke really occasionally now, once a month if not less. I am doing a medical grow for my aunt now but the growing bug got me again.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,536 Times

Quote Originally Posted by keeron View Post
    I can totally relate bro..
    But mine was the opposite, everytime i smoked weed i would get crazy spasms, and uncontrollable jerks in my leg..
    But when i stopped smoking they would go away. I had to quit smoking weed due to spasms and painful anxiety, it did my head in..

I can tell you how to get rid of them, Take some Liquid Magnesium and then get baths in Epsom Salts or Magnesium Flakes.
    Magnesium is needed to relax the muscles and nerves, it is need for the normal functions of our nervous system.
    IF we dont get enough magnesium we can develop spasms and lack of control in our muscles.
    But the thing is, 95% of us are deficient in magnesium. But do not get the tablets, they dont absorb in your body, get magnesium liquid and the bath flakes and salts

Herbs and supplements which will also help you get rid of spasms:
    Skullcap : Reduces Spasms and strengthens the nerves.
    Lemon Balm: Gets rid of spasms and helps your nervous system.
    Ginkgo Biloba : Improves Blood Flow to your brain
    Every Vitamin B : To heal your nervous system, and help reduce spasms.
    Tulsi : Heals you body from stress and stressful feelings
    Magnesium : One of the best things for spasms.

Ive been through the exact same thing as you bro, i still get spasms every day, but they are weaker and i can ignore them

i get spasms all the time, i just supplement and take herbs to reduce the amount of spasms i get... i Know how annoying and agitating it can be
    Beans and nuts, whole grains such as brown rice and whole wheat bread and green leafy vegetables all contain magnesium.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quick spray of Calmag once a week

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

THE DARK KNIGHT (17-03-18), WF420 (17-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Quick spray of Calmag once a week
    😂😂😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2