Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you know if your depressed

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,351 Times

O.k, mate,@ Mrs. Sarge, A good idea about the doc's I do hope they can help you both. Let me know how you get on mate, I have been where you are now and it can be beaten.

Cuda Guest

Default Re: How do you know if your depressed

Quote Originally Posted by greenthumb123 View Post
    O.k, mate,@ Mrs. Sarge, A good idea about the doc's I do hope they can help you both. Let me know how you get on mate, I have been where you are now and it can be beaten.
    Shes my royalette lol. I still have my sense of humor. Gonna go doc asap and thanks guys, I didnt think I was going to be taken seriously and feel a bit better about things. Just hope it lasts B)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuda For This Useful Post:

greenthumb123 (08-03-13), Petal (08-03-13), Sensi Head (08-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,575 Times

Sorry to hear about you're issues.

I actually realised I had been depressed once I felt better and looked back thinking fuck me was I that miserable.

I find thinking about all the issues that are bothering you individually can often make you realise there's nothing to be depressed about.

Totally agree with others about the exercise don't underestimate the positive mental effects and the change it could make to sleeping, if you did something like weights you're also getting rid of so much anger and negative energy. Perhaps a good work out and then go and chill on the beach enjoying the sea. You will feel so much better! It's just getting motivated the first few times that's the hard bit.

What ever you do I hope you feel better soon!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tokersupreme For This Useful Post:

Thanks

sorry to hear how your feeling mate i can relate. had it bad about 5 years ago along with anxiety. went parra of a spliff one day and it just spiraled from there. was out having a meal with my girl and had recently been the dam. finished my last spliff before the meal. was sitting there and thought these 2 fellas ware talking and laughing at me so flipped and went to stab one with a fork lol. anyway i had a major anxiety attack that lasted almost 3 weeks it felt like. ide wake up every morning hopping ide feel ok. thought i was loosing my mind man it was scary shit. ide brake down crying and not know why. shit got worse man as i just tryed to keep it to myself and no one understood what was going on with me. not biging myself up but my mates and family see me as the one to go to if shit kicks off or they have a problem that needs sorting so i felt like i had no one to turn to with my problems but my girl. she got me threw it man, without her i dont know what would have happened. felt like i was talking to myself for weeks lol i hadnt touched a spliff at all aswell as i was scared of what would happen, thought i was going insane. i couldnt watch a scary movie without getting fucked up thoughts and started getting scared i would hurt someone or hurt my girl. eventually couldnt take it no more and went the doctors. they gave me some stuff and sent me to counseling. i only done 1 session and never went back because i didnt wonna accept there was something wrong and it just made me feel worse but i wish i had stuck it out. in time though things got better and the meds i got helped with the anxiety attack.

one thing ill never forget is a conversation with a person i knew who had been threw this. they said you need to learn to trust yourself again. know that you are strong and that you can get threw it. those few words helped me alot man. no matter what thoughts i had and beleave me they ware fucked up. i knew i was in control.

the doctor told me the feelings i had and the thoughts ware down to the anxiety. as long as you dont have a feeling that somthing is pushing you to do this then you are alright.

its been 5 maybe 6 years now mate and i still get abit anxious now and then but i deal with it. my son and my girl are my world and i live for them so i cant feel down. thats how i deal with it. the fact that i have gone threw that and come out the other side makes me a stronger person for it and i think i can cope with anything after that. fighting yourself is a hard fight to fight man.

feel like abit of a twat posting my life story mate but if i can help 1 person with this then its worth it. dont let it get to the stage i let it get to mate. wouldnt wish it on my worse enemy. go the doctor, talk to your girl and your family and lt them help you threw it and im sure you will be fine bud. if i can do it you can.

if you ever feel down and need a chat man give me a shout.

oh and post quick reply my ass. just took me about half an hour to write that essay
    Last edited by topscouser; 08-03-13 at 06:09 AM.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to topscouser For This Useful Post:

Budmore (08-03-13), greenthumb123 (09-03-13), KiefKat (09-03-13), Marley66 (24-06-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

My punchuation is shit so bare with me.

Im in the middle of a similer sitation and have been for several years and it is dam hard to cope its reached the stage with me where at times it feels like im watchin my life thru a window, im constantly feeling disconnected, ive considered suicide several times and to the point where im stood in the bathroom with a big bottle of Domestos considering drinkin it. At times i want to snap because it feels like nobody listens/understands. Depression also caused agrophobia, to the point the house is my world & when i step out of it Anxiety kicks in (Triple wammy, and folks wonder why Budmore is a headcase), in social situations my head freezes up & i sit there lookin uncomfortable and cant look folks in eye & this in turn makes everyone in the room feel uncomfortable, and i think people avoid me due to this reason & this also doesnt help because my mind turns this on me in the most viscious way (i.e every fucker hates ya mate, they all think your a fucking nobhead, nobody gives a shit, your a fuckin joke, why the fuck is the lass with me, she's got another fella, etc) and mentally smash myself up some more, ive managed to fight my way outdoor recently (against agrophobia) & it is slowly making me feel better & more confident because it feels like i am confronting my enemy

When Topscouser says that fighting yourself is a hard fight to fight, its one of the hardest fights in my life.

all the best sarg, try to keep your head up bro

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Budmore For This Useful Post:

greenthumb123 (09-03-13), topscouser (08-03-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

Sarge, You say you have a job, but dont say if you like it or not. I am in the exact same boat as yourself, feeling angry and resentful to epople who i know dont deservfe it. This makes me feel even worse.
    Maybe you are suffering from stress. It can manifest itself in many ways.
    I would also try the meditation, and see if it makes a differenc-
    I find it helps me, , when work winds me up if i think to myself. why do i let it bother me? Others dont seem to be affected." What would happen if i left ".
    The company would stiill be there and carry on.
    What i'm saying is, dont put too much responsibility on yourself, it will grind you down.
    Try meditation, go on holiday, sometimes getting away from the daily grind can make you look at things in a different perspective.
    Focus on a target, like your grow, or fiinding another job/ house whatever you want to change in your life.Focus on your family, wife relationship, something, anything. It will give you something to direct your energies to.
    I hope you get sorted bud!.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,303 Times

hi sarge sorry to here your down,i get it to mate,not for my own problems so much,but my missus suffers great pain from a spinal condition and osteo arthritis,she also has other med conditions that dont respond to conventional treatments,you may have seen some of my posts about our fight to get her meds that work,she takes the strongest opiates the nhs can provide along with countless other pills,and despite my best efforts i cant do anything long term to help,i have sadly got used to holding her while she crys herself to sleep,its made me cry to more than once,she is so brave she has had 15 operations on her face neck and various other places,all whilst awake!she wont stay even overnight in hospital so can only have local anasthetics,i could sort of handle all this when i found that rick simpson cancer cure video,i cant beleive i watched and held her hand 15 ops that she need not have been through!this has really made me cry and i cant stop thinking about all the suffering of so many people,but am so powerless to do anything!i am making oil to treat missus and her bil who has stage 3 stomach cancer,so i hoping to make enough for him to,that way im hoping my saddnes may abate that i have done something usefull.i find my best releif in my garden,i love to grow anything and everything.that helps make me happier,and the missus used to be a gardener to.cant wait for spring that makes the soul feel better!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duke1 For This Useful Post:

bigbodacheese (23-09-14)

Cuda Guest

Thanks guys. I had a real bad day today. Why do people expect to be waited on instantly when they go on holiday???? Im only one person and can only go so fast!!!!! Pricks.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,354 Times

i guess when u start eating the paint off the door frames is when your depressed,or cant get a spliff together if thats the case see the doc cpt

Cuda Guest

@ budmore....

I dont go out anymore exactly for this reason but im not just being paranoid. My missus best mates hate me but I think its because I can see them for the wankers they really are. They chat shit about me tho I know they do. I do feel like people only talk to me because of how great my missus is. Seriously.... Everyone who meets her loves her to bits. Shes very lovable.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast