Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you know if your depressed

Thanks

Default Re: How do you know if your depressed

I'm in am a similar crappy boat myself.

Wife is going bonkers with some mid life crisis and is determined to drag me through the shit house in the process, taking the most hurtful path.

I hadn't smoked the herb for 15+ years. Wife's bipolar behavior got me onto anti - anxiety meds for the past few years. Right now the meds don't do shit. I started on the herb about a year ago.. all I can say is, it helped greatly calm the situation down for me.

Shit isn't fixed yet.. but rather than having palpitations, I can more readily deal with the shit that hit the fan.

Sorry for all odd the metaphors. LOL

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cygnusa For This Useful Post:

erbie (06-07-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    It's often hard to tell the difference between clinical depression, and simply being down because things are shit
    so true... Have you considered therapy as a profession £50 quid an hour didn't buy me that kinda candid honesty! Kudos!

Thanks

Default hi.

I'm sorry to hear that but lack of sleep/ insomnia will cause you for being depressed. If you're depressed, your entire day will be ruin. I think weed will make it worst. So start having a healthy living. Being happy will make you sleep peacefully.

Thanks

Many people–and especially high achievers–cope with depression by acting in ways opposite to how they feel. (Shrinks call this “escapism.”) Engaging in daredevil pursuits, be it mounting a takeover of a rival company or quitting your job to open a restaurant, makes you feel invincible, when you’re really in the dumps. There is a method to this madness: The major cause of depressions–those not born of biochemical imbalances, of which there are plenty–is feeling out of control or helpless. Achievers loathe that feeling and fight like hell to deny it through action. But that, ultimately, won’t work.

I read your site.I like it very much.I hope it will be good of people.
    I have a small website.If you want please visit this website a ber.

Thanks

Many people–and especially high achievers–cope with depression by acting in ways opposite to how they feel. (Shrinks call this “escapism.”) Engaging in daredevil pursuits, be it mounting a takeover of a rival company or quitting your job to open a restaurant, makes you feel invincible, when you’re really in the dumps. There is a method to this madness: The major cause of depressions–those not born of biochemical imbalances, of which there are plenty–is feeling out of control or helpless. Achievers loathe that feeling and fight like hell to deny it through action. But that, ultimately, won’t work.

I read your site.I like it very much.I hope it will be good of people.
    I have a small website.If you want please visit this website a ber.

Thanks

I've been on really strong depression meds for 17yrs now. I've tried reduction processes and switching but these were the only ones that 'worked' for me. When I say worked it is a loose sense of the word. I can function ok usually but it doesn't take much to set me off. I been for a shit ton of tests and shows I can't make enough seratonin and I have an abnormally small amount of receptors.
    I was quite insular etc as a kid and ended up with social phobia and all sorts of shiz from trying to self medicate with strong drugs that fucked me up even more.
    There are techniques you can learn to help it a bit like meditation and CBT but I find (I wrote an academic paper on this subject years ago) that quiet walks in the countryside do people the world of good. It's a lack of connection to our natural world that causes these imbalances I'm sure. Our brains aren't made to be able to handle driving for god sake let along living on cities with millions of other people, living off pre-packaged crap and staring at screens.
    Depression is a killer but there are ways we can minimalise the effects even if we are predispositioned to it.

Thanks

This is gonna sound harsh but here's how I see it. If your depressed then try to kill yourself. If you succeed no more depression and if you don't then you know you're not as depressed as you can be.
    Meds don't make depression better it only hides it in a certain way and your depression could get far worse ones you lay off them. Not to mention a huge list of side effects that all meds have.
    The only way to get rid off depression is by changing your mind state. Which means you have to have time to think. Just be alone in no hurry, no stress and just think. You can think of anything as long as you think in peace and quiet and sooner or later your brain will get better. Only you can do that. How you do it is up to you but in the end it comes down to one question. Not why am I depressed or how long am I gonna be depressed but Do I want to be depressed.
    If your depressed long enough you get use to it. Times when your not depressed feels weird and like your not yourself.
    But which one is the real self?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Curly Beard View Post
    This is gonna sound harsh but here's how I see it. If your depressed then try to kill yourself. If you succeed no more depression and if you don't then you know you're not as depressed as you can be.
    Meds don't make depression better it only hides it in a certain way and your depression could get far worse ones you lay off them. Not to mention a huge list of side effects that all meds have.
    The only way to get rid off depression is by changing your mind state. Which means you have to have time to think. Just be alone in no hurry, no stress and just think. You can think of anything as long as you think in peace and quiet and sooner or later your brain will get better. Only you can do that. How you do it is up to you but in the end it comes down to one question. Not why am I depressed or how long am I gonna be depressed but Do I want to be depressed.
    If your depressed long enough you get use to it. Times when your not depressed feels weird and like your not yourself.
    But which one is the real self?
    That's one of the most uneducated ill informed pieces of text i have had the misfortune of reading.

I'm almost offended by it, i hope you or anyone one you know never gets affected by this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chufuginlookinat For This Useful Post:

stonedbunny (14-09-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chufuginlookinat View Post
    That's one of the most uneducated ill informed pieces of text i have had the misfortune of reading.

I'm almost offended by it, i hope you or anyone one you know never gets affected by this.
    If by "never gets effected by this" you mean depression then I had it. Don't have it anymore. I would never ever take meds for anything.
    Don't mock something you obviously have never tried.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Curly Beard View Post
    If by "never gets effected by this" you mean depression then I had it. Don't have it anymore. I would never ever take meds for anything.
    Don't mock something you obviously have never tried.

Well fuck me....aren't you the lucky one! Glad it worked out for you. If only the rest of the people suffering from absolute crippling depression could be as full of themselves as you! There'd be no such word as fuckwit!! I was in hospital with a guy who spilled his guts all over the floor after stabbing himself with a carving knife. Maybe he wasn't depressed enough? He was just probably hoping that somebody would find him and put his intestines back in for him.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seamus For This Useful Post:

chufuginlookinat (13-09-14), erbie (22-09-14), stonedbunny (14-09-14)

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast