Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you know if your depressed

Thanks

i dont know when am ill or depressed, i never go see a doctor, i assume what i call my brick wall could be depression, i had this shit when i was a kid with me mum, anxiety is just a way of life, if i keep away from people am fine and i stay heavy stoned 24/7, people think adhd is about being a naughty kid, lot more to it than folk realise. nobody ever told my i have mental problems even though i used to beg my doctor for help when i was young. fuck en i dont need the nhs cannabis helps with all my ailments.

Thanks

Princess Curly beard please never join the samaritans. That is such bad advise and not helpful at all. A big part of depression is the loneliness and quietness. As they say, you can be in a crowded room of people and still feel alone. Depressed people do not want to be depressed nor do they actively choose to feel that way, it is an illness which is hidden from view of others, just because you can't physically see it doesn't mean it isn't a serious problem. You can't pretend your happy/normal and expect anything to change, unfortunately it isn't that easy. Have a bit of compassion for your fellow man, understand theyre reaching for help in their darkest moments. So far nearly everyone has been able associate this to they're own experiences and offered there support and opened up on how they have coped. Thats what this fella needs, not have his condition demeaned or trivialised
    Last edited by jetsmoke1; 14-09-14 at 10:19 AM. Reason: forgot to say who I was replying to
    ............."INSANITY IS A SANE REACTION TO LIFE"..............
    ........................."THATS MY EXCUSE"...................................
    ..........................."WHATS YOURS?".....................................

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jetsmoke1 For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (14-09-14), bigbodacheese (23-09-14), erbie (22-09-14), meep (01-06-15), Seamus (14-09-14), stonedbunny (14-09-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,409 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmoke1 View Post
    Princess Curly beard please never join the samaritans. That is such bad advise and not helpful at all. A big part of depression is the loneliness and quietness. As they say, you can be in a crowded room of people and still feel alone. Depressed people do not want to be depressed nor do they actively choose to feel that way, it is an illness which is hidden from view of others, just because you can't physically see it doesn't mean it isn't a serious problem. You can't pretend your happy/normal and expect anything to change, unfortunately it isn't that easy. Have a bit of compassion for your fellow man, understand theyre reaching for help in their darkest moments. So far nearly everyone has been able associate this to they're own experiences and offered there support and opened up on how they have coped. Thats what this fella needs, not have his condition demeaned or trivialised
    Well said. spot on

Cub Shoot 2 Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,342 Times

Heya pal hope your ok been batteling depresion for a while i cope by seeing friends and chatting to the wonderful people on here keep your head up pal for youll never walk alone peace and love

Yoda

First Grow: Big Bud and Bud Bomb (completed)
    Second Gow: Yoda Goes Bubblegum(completed)
    Third Grow
    Yoda's DIY Northern Lights on a shoestring budget grow

Thanks

Princess Curly beard please never join the samaritans.
    Don't worry I'm not joining anything. Can't stand stupid people.

A big part of depression is the loneliness and quietness. As they say, you can be in a crowded room of people and still feel alone. Depressed people do not want to be depressed nor do they actively choose to feel that way,
    I've been depressed I know what it's like.

it is an illness which is hidden from view of others, just because you can't physically see it doesn't mean it isn't a serious problem.
    Well I don't agree that it's a illness. In my opinion it's a state of mind. Too much nowadays is categorized as an illness. Yes it's serious problem for most.

You can't pretend your happy/normal and expect anything to change, unfortunately it isn't that easy.
    Didn't mean that. What I meant was that change has to comes from one self. And easy it isn't.

Have a bit of compassion for your fellow man,
    Sorry I don't think my brain can do compassion.

understand theyre reaching for help in their darkest moments. So far nearly everyone has been able associate this to they're own experiences and offered there support and opened up on how they have coped.
    Text on a screen won't help them.

Thats what this fella needs, not have his condition demeaned or trivialised
    Was not my intention.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    Well fuck me....aren't you the lucky one! Glad it worked out for you. If only the rest of the people suffering from absolute crippling depression could be as full of themselves as you! There'd be no such word as fuckwit!! I was in hospital with a guy who spilled his guts all over the floor after stabbing himself with a carving knife. Maybe he wasn't depressed enough? He was just probably hoping that somebody would find him and put his intestines back in for him.
    Sounds to me like one of those attention seekers who likes to slice their arms and whatnot. If you wan't to kill yourself you don't slice your stomach open you just slit your wrists or throat.

Thanks

@ Princess Curly Beard - If you can't 'do' compassion then wtf are you doing posting in this thred?
    The shit you come out with is so pathetic you obviously have no knowledge of the real world or compassion for the people living in it and for them this shit is real and it does totally fuck up their lives and cause them to do terrible things - usually (but not always) to themselves. Attention seeking - do me a favor. Please stop posting in this thread, I find your remarks really upsetting. I have suffered with depression over 1/2 of my life and everything you have said is a bunch of bullshit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to erbie For This Useful Post:

chufuginlookinat (23-09-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,995 Times

Quote Originally Posted by erbie View Post
    @ Princess Curly Beard - If you can't 'do' compassion then wtf are you doing posting in this thred?
    The shit you come out with is so pathetic you obviously have no knowledge of the real world or compassion for the people living in it and for them this shit is real and it does totally fuck up their lives and cause them to do terrible things - usually (but not always) to themselves. Attention seeking - do me a favor. Please stop posting in this thread, I find your remarks really upsetting. I have suffered with depression over 1/2 of my life and everything you have said is a bunch of bullshit.
    Agreed, 100%

ganjagunman Guest

What pisses me off is a lot of people who have never suffered with mental health issues, be that a single episode or for a number of years do not understand those that do have issues. They simply see people with mental health problems as ' attention seekers ' or use such phrases as they need to get a grip, man up or whatever.

Its all based on chemicals within the brain, a slight imbalance is what causes mental health problems. With depression some people have a higher serotonin level than others, ones who have too much will constantly be happy regardless of what life throws at them, others who have low levels will be easily upset, brought down by minor things and day to day life occurrences, disappointment, failure etc but also you can have normal levels, and a constant run of bad luck, or being stuck in a situation where there seems no light at the end of the tunnel can bring anyone down.

I have suffered with anxiety, depression, bi polar type symptoms, sudden sparks of anger/aggression/violence towards others since I was 15, I blame it on a shit childhood to be fair, not having a father around and growing up with a mother who didnt give a fuck and an alcoholic wife beating/child beating stepfather.

Ive tried all the usual medications, counselling, psychiatrists, behavioural therapy and none of it worked for me, talking to people only aggravated my feelings and medication just turned me into a suicidal mong.

I have minimal friends, I find it easier to make enemies than I do make friends, and when i do make friends i seem to upset them by doing nothing wrong, or so it feels that way, I dont last in female relationships either, im very paranoid and obsessive.

The best advice I can give anyone who is depressed or feeling low, do not sit around and wallow in self pity, get out there and try and get on with life, fight it to the death and trust me, it works out eventually. Eat healthy, plenty of fruit and veg, fast food, sugary drinks and other shit that seems to make you feel better when you feel low only makes you worse because of all the saturated fats and simple refined/manufactured sugars etc, and keeping active is also a bonus, as are hot baths, okay maybe what works for one doesnt work for another but try it.

My trouble is I have walking difficulties due to an accident and I may have fibromyalgia which im being tested for at the moment.

Some of you may saw another thread I put up about some girl I met at work, who long story short shes just a slut who cant get enough cocks in her mouth but as I did like her, and with the way I am it hurt me a lot. I took a friends dog out on a good hour walk the other day, made me feel so much better, my legs suffered the next day but being out, active, fresh air, eating healthily it all helps.

This is where I dont agree with people saying smoking dope fucks people up or makes them worse, its got me through a lot of tough times.

One love.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

bigbodacheese (23-09-14), erbie (24-09-14), Mikey_D (25-09-14), RASTA (27-09-14), stonedbunny (23-09-14)

Thanks

Ganjagunaman like ur post bro I think depression has 2 flip sides in all scenario's there's two types of depression firstly feeling low day to day and there's feeling suicidal. I've had both types in my life and still suffer with the first one at certain times in my life. My misses just pointed out that depression is genetic like alcoholism is and your more likely to have imbalances if your parents or grandparents do, which I can sort of agree with some where down the line but you can have parents etc who don't suffer with it and the off spring is manic depressive. Its tuff when you think you cant do nothink about it and I think what makes things worse is when you get laughed at by friends after seeking some form of help or advice. Chose your friends wisley. Every 1 hates working and it gets every1 down �� I rember watching aprogramme called angry Britain and the there was bloke who had anger issues and he had supressed anger from past issues in his life that hadn't been resolved in the correct way. He talked to aproper anger management person and got out all that negative energy bu smashing things up after speaking about past experiences that still troubled him. Try looking into raki its spiritual healing and works wonders for depression anxiety and injury's. Generally every1s issues are different and need dealing with in different ways its only you who can find what makes you feel better. I think society its self makes you depressed in the way the world goes around. Being free in ones self is the key to happiness. Some people who take anti depressants find it helps and some don't. I think to much of nethink is Abad thing in life as general rule, finding an equal balance in life is they key to success. Honestly try the raki therapy I've not done it myself but my gf went and she said it was really strange because it actually worked she only went once and she is cured lol she still has that look in her eye like she's going to chuck my dinner over my head �� Evan animals feel depressed , Evan my dog does. The only way forward and this goes to every 1 is removing your self from the mind set in which you are in. I know it sounds easier than it is, but if you go and do some thing out the blue and do some thing new it will temporally make thongs easer and give you the time u need reflect on life and how to make some changes so you are happier in ones self lol I cant believe im writting all this and my misses is giving funny looks but I believe things do happen for reason. I know people have some really shitty times on there hands but it makes you who you are and what you have been threw will change the way you think and reflect on things, also the way you treat other people its wot makes the world go round. There's no magic wand but there is always people that will talk to you on here and some talk alot of sense, if its the day to day things that are getting you down try mixing it up no 1 wants to be that hamster spinning round on a wheel all day every day, we wasn't made for that we are individual spirits that need soothing time to time. Kind regards bbc

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbodacheese For This Useful Post:

stonedbunny (23-09-14)

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast